TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silverwood Discussion Thread

After reading through the comments on the Facebook page again someone brought up the idea of Dive Devil at SFMM but I for some stupid reason though of Thrill Shot, which I believe was one of only two ever built, both of which are now defunct. So the point I'm getting to is that we may see an updated version of the same concept, possibly with a facedown spin at around 100 feet, coming to Silverwood.

Someone I know who works at Silverwood told me that the park expressed interest in buying Thrill Shot from SFMM at the 2011 IAAPA, but I heard that the sale didn't go through. I would personally love to see a rebirth of that ride with its original, more extreme seats, though I doubt that would happen since S&S stopped producing the ride long ago and seems to be focusing on its other flat rides and coasters.

I know a certain park in Oklahoma with a S&S sling-shot that could fit in at Silverwood.

I can't stand my anticipation for this announcement, though I'm pretty certain it won't be anything breathtaking. I'm still excited. My guess is that it's one of those Zamperela Giant Discovery's like Black Widow at Kennywood or some similar flat [since it's apparently first of it's kind in the US]. That ride hits close to 150' when it inverts.

Edited by vertigomike

I can't stand my anticipation for this announcement, though I pretty certain it won't be anything breathtaking I'm still excited. My guess is that it's one of those Zamperela Giant Discovery's like Black Widow at Kennywood or some similar flat [since it's apparently first of it's kind in the US]. That ride hits close to 150' when it inverts.
I know members of Lagoon's Management went and took a Gander at Black Widow over the Summer. Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk visited Lagoon over the Summer to make a decision about their Spinning Coaster and they were pretty impressed with Air Race.

^^I adore the picture in the background so much, it's my lock screen on my phone. I still keep pondering whether it's edited, or whether they were actually able to time the rides perfectly so that each one was visibly running.

Can't wait for the announcement! My thoughts are still mixed as to what it might be. A lot of theories point to a major flat ride, but it seems like some coaster out there could be quick enough to build and easy enough to keep secret.

Something about the "two different ways" says "flat ride" to me, although I'm sure with various interpretations there are at least a few ways that could be accomplished with a coaster.

Is it crazy that I immediately thought of Silverwood and only Silverwood upon seeing this?

Vekoma - (1/10/13) A reader grabbed a screen capture from the MegaFactories episode running this week featuring Vekoma. During an interview with a Vekoma engineer, they flashed a computer screen image up briefly showing off an interesting new Vekoma compact coaster layout that I’ve never seen before featuring a an upright 4-across train, a vertical lift and two large inversions. I wonder where this could be going…

It does mention two large inversions, and the closing comment sounds like it could be a subtle hint that someone may know what's up. (By the way, it looks somewhat disturbing...especially since it's a Vekoma creation.)

^Thanks. While I'm 100% aware this could just be wishful thinking, I came up with some possible evidence...

- Coaster has at least two inversions (can we tell if there are only two?)

- First inversion does appear shorter than total height

- Definitely the first of its kind

- Would be a major ride and significant change to the skyline, but possibly still compact enough for quick assembly

- Oh, and not too terribly similar to Aftershock (plus, perhaps they've taken a liking to Vekoma because of said ride)