TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I'm going to NYC!!

AllisonY2K

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't really help you out with Theme Parks, all I know of in the area is Astroland, Playland, and Adventureland. If you go further to Jersey or Connecticut there are more, although Great Adventure is closed for the season.

I can recommend pizza though, actually two pizzerias. The first, Grimaldi's Pizzeria, in Brooklyn, right under the Brooklyn Bridge on Old Fulton Street. Best pizza ever, straight out of the brick oven. The second, Portobello's Pizzeria & Sicilian Kitchen...the pizza is amazing, and probably the best slice you'll get out of a conventional pizza oven these days (Brick ovens aren't allowed in Manhattan). Portobello's is on Murray Street, just off of Greenwich Street in Lower Manhattan.

Juancarlos "Giving a great slice of the Big Apple" Aponte

NYC. Hold all purses and bags tightly. Expect rudeness and fast moving people. The city Never sleeps!

There should be plenty of entertaining stuff on Broadway.

There are many good Art galleries and museums in the Big A!

Have a great time!

ps. Avoid using the words plane and building in the same sentence. :shock:

NYC. Hold all purses and bags tightly. Expect rudeness and fast moving people. The city Never sleeps!

There should be plenty of entertaining stuff on Broadway.

There are many good Art galleries and museums in the Big A!

Have a great time!

ps. Avoid using the words plane and building in the same sentence. :shock:

Thats a bit insulting. While it is true that there are many New Yorkers that are rude and generally don't care about anything, most of us are not and rather like to help people out when they need it. It angers me when people assume all these things about New Yorkers, but that might have been your experience, so to each his own.

If you're in the city, try to get tickets to Blue Man Group at the Astor Place Theatre. That is certainly a show that you do not want to miss. They might be expensive and I don't think you can get the matinee tickets since they are usually for school groups and the HighFive tickets program but I guess it's worth a shot. Maybe you could hang around and bum a ticket off of some teacher.

-Juancarlos "We're not all rude" Aponte

I love NYC! You are going to have a great time. Have you ever been? Here are my thoughts, sorry no themepark stuff:

1. Shopping is the best there! Canal Street has all the great, realistic looking knock-offs. My friend got a Berkin bag there that even her friend that works at Hermes can not find a difference in! Also, H&M is great, especially the one on 34th.

2. We loved the subway. It is so convenient, fast and easy to use!

3. Eat, eat, eat!!! I love pizza, so NYC is like my mecca. I never found one that was bad. Cafe Lalo is also a great place for desserts and tea. It is on the Upper West Side.

4. My favorite museum was the Natural History Museum.

5. We used TKTS in Times Square to get cheap tickets to plays.

6. I encountered no more rude people there than I have anywhere else! The city was also much cleaner and safer than I was imagining.

Have Fun!!!!

Oh yeah, VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:

If you see a car coming down the street, and you can't completely walk across that street before the car passes, DON'T WALK ACROSS THAT STREET! They will not stop, slow down, or swerve. I flirted with this as I'm from a college town where pedestrians own the streets. I just about ended up with a faceful of windshield.

^ Yeah that almost happened to me too in Times Square. Good thing my sister pulled me back or else that stupid Taxi cab driver would of hit me! Also go on those double decker tour buses. Me and my family went on them... they were pretty fun and if you sit on top you head almost hits the street lights its really funny!

if you can , take a stroll through Central Park ...especially on a nice fall /cold day... its quite nice. Also check out St. Patricks Cathedral, its a beautiful structure. As far as parks go. Good luck finding somethin that will be open this time of year. You can alway go check out Coney Island, its a great place to take photos!

Dont let people who arent from NY give you the wrong idea about us..they just dont know how to deal with the movement of the city. sucks for them. Just go with the flow.

coolness! thanks for the replies thus far!

every time I look at something else about NYC I think "ohmygod! I can go see that!"

..oh and how ironic, a song from the movie "Party Monster" just came up on my winamp. you know, the club kid who murdered another club kid. oh, and where did this take place? NYC!!! I could go see that!!

so um...all these tips and suggestions, but no offers to hang out. dang people, I don't bite (hard). I'm an awesome chick. I can provide references of people here that know me well enough. ok so I'm a little tall and that can be intimidating.

maybe I'll have better luck once I -get- there.

on Friday!!!

did I mention I'm taking pictures?

If you have an interest in public transportation take the subway as often as you can. Avoid the Bronx if you're afraid you gonna get mugged. And visit Rockafeller Plaza(or what ever the heck the place is called) at around 7:00. You might get to be on national television giving shout outs to all your friends and family with Al Roker holding a microphone agaisnt your face. Yes, I was talking about the Today Show. And try to buy one of those $40 burgers if you find out where they sell them.

Geez, some people make such false overstatements of NYC. You won't get shot, you won't get hit by a car, etc... as long as you have common sense and aren't a total moron. Allison, I think you'll have a good time and don't forget to swing by the Village for some family fun while you're there. NYC is my second home, so be nice... 8)

NYC is my second home

...soooo....

oh hey, since it's your second home I can use your help. I need some 'family' places to take my friend, she admitted to being a closet drag queen (which is odd for a genetic female to say, but whatever). i have to find a way to bring that out of her...some how.

NYC is my second home

...soooo....

oh hey, since it's your second home I can use your help. I need some 'family' places to take my friend, she admitted to being a closet drag queen (which is odd for a genetic female to say, but whatever). i have to find a way to bring that out of her...some how.

My dear Ally, read my previous post...the Village is where it's at. Think of it as a the colorful mecca of the east coast. This should answer your questions, if not, just PM me!