TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Top Thrill Dragster

What was your feelings about Top Thrill Dragster when you rode?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. What was your feelings about Top Thrill Dragster when you rode?

• Chickened out and went to Corkscrew
    • Very very very nervous, almost wet my pants, but I did it anyways
    • just really nervous
    • some what nervous
    • not nervous at all, just want to ride
    • happy, that it was actually open

Ok what were like when you first rode Top Thrill Dragster?

I was so nervous when I saw it, after I got in line, I just wanted to leave the queue and go ride Corkscrew(shut up, we didnt ride MF til night!), but then I thought, this ride will probly never be open the rest of the time we were here. Then I just stuck it threw and rode. I was gald I did so but I was really really nervous that I almost wet my pants.

PS-That night, I was more scared on MF, but after a ride on both I enjoyed them...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, TTD was a dissapointment. It wasn't the most forceful launch I had ever felt (that award goes to either Hypersonic, Dodonpa, or XLR8R) and I thought the twisty drop was kind of lame. And the ride was over in 16 seconds. Not at ALL worth the 7 hours we waited for it.

I *MUCH* prefer the straight down drop on XLR8R and Storm Runner.

--Robb "I'd rather ride MF" Alvey

Wow. Call me a dragster fanboy, but its one of my favorite rides! I've been on hypersonic, but I still find dragster's launch to be more intense just for the sake its drawn out longer. Hypersonic is over so quickly.

The twist is kinda stupid, but I love the silence at the top of the hill as you look down onto MF. A wonderful sight I must say.

Personally I thought TTD was quite poor considering the money spend and all... I still love MF, it's my favorite steel coaster and possibly my favorite coaster period... TTD on the other hand was something I waited 3&1/2 hours for and as nervious as a was at the beginning and end of the line the middle was a time of complete boredem. Basically I would've rather seen CP build us an Intamin Mega-looper or a B&M flyer.

ride6 "I'll ride MF all night while TTD takes the crowds"

I live rather close to CP and was frustrated that it took me 3 tries up there to get on it. It was a rush for me - I was nervous. I think it's probably the most intense coaster I've been on. I liked it more than Storm Runner just because the OTSR's on SR really chopped my neck.

This ride really is overrated. The launch is fun, but there is nothing else to it. It is too dang short. I waited a year and a half just to get to Cedar Point, and the ride was only open a few minutes on the first day I was there, and from 5 PM to closing on the second day I was there. Fortunately, I went in late June, and I only had to wait in line for 1 hour and 45 minutes, but I think it really wasn't worth the wait. I could have ridden Wicked Twister 3 times and Corkscrew once in that tme in mid day.

I could never find time to get a trip together with everybody to go, so I went by myself at one am in the morning from Jersey. I arrived at the park by 9 after a quick trip to Mickey D's. Next I found myself in the 2 hour line to ride. I was psyched to ride it more than anything else. After getting to the station I stood in line for the front. The crew kept calling out single riders, any single riders, but I wanted the front.

It was now only one train away until my first ride on TTD and than the train died. Wtf? just my luck. Well, lucky for me, only 20 minutes and I'm on the next train. The best part was sitting there waiting to be launched.I was pumped,but I don't remember climbing the hill or anything just looking out into Lake Erie for two seconds, spun down, flew into the brakes and that was it. This was the first time I bought an on ride photo just to prove that I was at CP. In all I drove 14 hours. waited 6 and half hours for three rides TTD,MF and Raptor. What's that about 4minutes 17 secs lol.

Bubba" I would have waited if I knew KK would be at my home park" Z

Top Thrill Dragster reminds me of Superman at Magic Mtn because they both have fast but tame launches, both are WAY too short, and it is ABSOLUTLY NOT worth waiting 7 hours to ride. The ride looks very intense and huge but turns into quick tame ride! (Just like Superman at Magic Mtn) If the line is 10 min long, go ride it! If the line is 7 hours long, Go ride Mullenium Force

I didn't vote in the poll, because none of the choices really reflected the way that I feel about TTD. It seemed like a little bit of a setup actually.

I have been on a few launched (including XLR8R, Hypersonic, Dragster, SR, etc) and i consider TTD to be a very good, powerful, fast and exciting coaster. The only drawback to me is that the ride seems to tame itself a little bit everytime you ride it. That means that technically every ride is the worst ride you ever had.

TTD is a good ride, and the only thing that I can atttribute to it's constant bashing is sort of a regional-based loyalty to ones own coasters, which I definately understand. That, and if I drove clear across the country and got burned like so many others, I would probably have a chip on my shoulder too.

// Hyper would also get my vote for most powerful launch.

Dragster.. I was impressed with it. I think the sheer fact of going over the top and looking *down* on MF is worth riding for. Overrated?? ehh.. a little. I do think the straight decent on Storm Runner is wayyy better.

I always say if I have to wait in line for one.. Millenium Force definately.. but if they were both walk ons I'd choose Dragster... until I got bored anyways.

Eric

I was definitely nervous before the first time I rode it. I was sitting there at the Christmas lights at 11.45pm wondering if I'd bitten off more than I could chew this time. After the ride I was just exhilerated, and couldn't wait to ride again.

For me, as a once off intense experience I thought it was tops, but it got a bit boring after riding it over and over again. I started to become used to the intensity and I felt like I was riding Superman the Escape.

Personally I thought TTD was much more intense than Storm Runner, and Xcellerator. They seemed quite tame by comparison.

Storm Runner was ten tiems better in my opinion, Launch was just as intense, the inversions were insanse, and the ending through the trees and under the monorail was so freakin fast it was amazing

Ross "Storm Runner turnes me on" Cassity

Oooo, a thread destined to turn into a bashing thread. I love it! /end sarcasm.

Personally, I love the ride. Even if the launch is NOT as forceful G for G, its one of the longest and most powerful in that respect. I love speed and frankly MF is the only ride that can truely deliver that but only in the front seat.

I can get on front seat dragster in under the time it takes for MF.

Xcelerator looks great, I love that tophat. But overbanks are to me what are boring. Especially after that tophat and launch, its got to be a somewhat blah ending to a ride that started out rather intensly.

Storm Runner, I think most of us knows it owns

I personally love TTD. It's in about a three-tie for my favorite coaster. I understand why other people are disappointed with it though. It's all about what you look for in a coaster and what your personal opinion is on what makes a ride great. To me, it's all about what thrills me most and gives me the biggest adrenaline rush. It has a crazy fast launch, extreme height, lap bars with open trains, and a 400ft twisting drop. I personally love that drop. I wouldn't be opposed to a straight down drop, but I just enjoy the twist. Anyway, because of those features, I get an amazing adrenaline rush. One that is only matched by Millennium Force and Phantom's Revenge.

To answer the original question, I was a bit nervous to ride this. Because of its height and insane speed, I was a bit intimidated, but the didn't stop me from grabbing a ride on the front seat. Simply awesome.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sweating it whether if I get on TTD or not. It's pretty much similar to S:TE @ SFMM with a complete circuit. It would be like me wanting to ride a Boomerang back east although there are 2 exact clones and 2 next gen boomerangs (Invertigo, Deja-closed). Anyway, I'd be afraid that it would be a big disappointment like how S:TE did for me.

I think we need an addition to the poll...

Waited way too long, only open 1 out of 3 days!

I wonder how far in the lead that option would be!

Elissa "waited a combined 7.5 hours over 3 days for ONE ride" Alvey

I'm glad I can go to the park whenever I want, and wait like 20mins for a front seat ride first thing in the morning.

I truly feel sorry for anybody that did go out of there way and didn't get their ride, or waited an insane amount of time for just one.

I never did get my front seat ride on MF in 04 though.