TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best And Worst Coaster In California

I know, the ride is very brief and simple, but Xcelerator is hands down my favorite coaster in California!

While trying only to think of major coasters to pick for my worst category, my mind keeps going to GhostRider. There are several coasters in California that I have a hard time enjoying because they are rough and unpleasant, but GhostRider is the only one on that list that I refuse to ride (It's been about a year since my last ride.) It's a shame too, because it used to be my favorite coaster.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I have been to 8 coasters in SFMM, 4 coasters at Disneyland Resort (Disneyland and DCA), and 2 coasters at SCBB.

Best Wood: I've only been on one - Giant Dipper. It was very cool.

Best Steel: X2 at SFMM. Hands down!

Worst Wood: Same as best. If I would have gone on Apocalypse at SFMM, Giant Dipper would have been here, but Giant Dipper is still fun.

Worst Steel: Revolution at SFMM. I didn't "hate" it, but it was kind of shaky for me.

• 3 months later...

Best Steel: Medusa at SFDK. I loved the straight drop and its zero-g-roll.

Best Wood: Apocalypse at SFMM. I just enjoy how it keeps its speed throughout the duration of the ride. It's just a tad too short, though.

Worst Steel: Kong at SFDK. Vekoma headbanging in the last twists. It is currently the only SLC I've ridden, so that's probably why.

Worst Wood: Grizzly at CGA. I think it's pretty fun, but the turnarounds are so boring.

Best Wood: Apocalypse the Ride

Worst Wood: Belmont Park's Giant Dipper (roughness) or Colossus (uneventfulness)

Best Steel: Tatsu, X2, Xcelerator, Green Lantern: First Flight, California Screamin', Medusa, or Goliath, depending on wha type of ride you prefer.

Worst Steel (excluding kiddies): Pony Express or Boomerang, depending on what type of discomfort is worse for you

^You nailed my favorite California steelies. The five of those I've ridden (no GL or Xcel) are all in my top 15 steel.

Maybe I just like the occasional not-so-wild coaster more than many enthusiasts do, or maybe I've ridden more California coasters than others, but I don't think the state is really all that lacking in quality rides.

Best Steel: Xcelerator KBF

Best Wood: Apocolypse SFMM

Worst Steel: Jaguar! KBF

Worst Wood: Ghostrider (previously my #1) KBF

You're best and worst are good... but a few changes!

Best steel(s) Xcel and Cali Screamin is BY FAR the best family coaster I've ridden... AWESOME

Worst steel is boomerang... Jaguar is kinda meh... but it is sorta fun, but boomerang will try to KILL YOU!

Best Steel: Xcelerator KBF

Best Wood: Apocolypse SFMM

Worst Steel: Jaguar! KBF

Worst Wood: Ghostrider (previously my #1) KBF

You're best and worst are good... but a few changes!

Best steel(s) Xcel and Cali Screamin is BY FAR the best family coaster I've ridden... AWESOME

Worst steel is boomerang... Jaguar is kinda meh... but it is sorta fun, but boomerang will try to KILL YOU!

Jaguar was fun. Though I'm probably biased because that was my first "large" coaster, I rode it about 20 times that day in Knott's and I loved it. Plus, the worst steel should be Viper or Vortex.

Best: Flight Deck @ CGA, Xcelerator @ Knott's

Worst: Vortex @ CGA, Viper @ SFMM

• 3 months later...