TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best And Worst Coaster In California

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because now that it's smooth

Viper was the second-most painful ride in the park. The restraint pretty much destroyed my upper body, and those last corkscrews nearly killed me But my brother loved it, and he was sitting next to me. I guess I have a bad body shape for it or something.

• 2 months later...

Best: Space Mountain doesn't exceed 35 mph, but I have to give it my best, especially after the refurbishment.

Worst: I would have to agree with Mulholland Madness. The 'wild mouse' turns are neutered by the cheesy dividers between DCA and the hotel. The ride is not worthy of Disney. It is an embarrassment.

My best and worst coasters in California??

Because I have not done that much rollercoasters in California, my list can be a bit strange for you guys.

Best:

* Tatsu

* Riddler's Revenge

* Batman The Ride

* Giant Dipper (San Diego)

Worst:

* Grizzly

* Vortex

My last visit was in 2006 and X was closed back then, so I still have to do X2, Terminator, Ghostrider, Pony Express, etc and all the coasters @ SFDK

Best:

Terminator Salvation

X2

California Screamin'

Goliath

Medusa

Demon (CGA)

Xcelerator

Silver Bullet

Giant Dipper (San Diego)

Space Mountain

Worst:

Grizzly

Kong

Ghost Rider

Boomerang (Knott's)

Giant Dipper (SCBB)

I personally do not like the Giant Dipper at SCBB because while riding it during TPR's West Coast tour it broke my phone Also I did not enjoy it to begin with.

I can't remember if I've posted or not, but I would say (in no particular order):

Best:

California Screamin'

Flight Deck

Goliath

Invertigo

Riddler's Revenge

Tatsu

Terminator Salvation: The Ride

Space Mountain

X2

Xcelerator

Worst:

Boomerang (Knott's)

Kong

Pony Express

Best:

X2

Xcelerator

Terminator Salvation

California Screamin

Worst:

Tatsu (Sorry B&M fanboys, this ride makes me sicker than anything)

Ghostrider (Makes me sad that I have to put this down, but it's just TOO rough)

Mullholland Madness

---Brent

I couldn't agree more with your top 4.

My worst would be

Pony Express

Ghostrider

Kong

• 5 months later...

I realize this is all just opinion, but personally, I'd put Pony Express in the "disappointing" category, rather than the "worst". The ride itself isn't bad for a family coaster, just way too short.

^^ There have been many times when I have heard young children get off of Pony Express and immediately start talking about how much it sucks. Just my opinion too, but I find it short, boring and forceless. I actually have it ranked as the worst coaster I've ever rode including kiddie coasters.

Every kiddie coaster I have ever been on has been better than Pony Express. (Well, with some pretty obvious exceptions like Wacky Worms, Orient Expresses, and most ovals.)

^"...short, boring and forceless" is exactly how I would describe it as well.

best: terminator, x2, excellerator

worst: matterhorn (it kills my back), jaguar

i think pony express gets a bad rap, i think if it was longer with a couple more turns it would be great for what it is, my daughter hasn't ridden it yet, but its her favorite cause its pony themed, they should paint it pink and name it the "my little pony express", also, ghostrider is so awesome except for the rough ride, which isn't that bad right after they do the maintenance on it, way smoother, and get worse thereafter, i think they might be able to fix it with better trains, but its not like theres any shortage of riders, so i doubt they'd spend the money

^Pony Express is definitely "cute". Even as an adult, I like the trains.

"If all else fails, at least I'm cute!"

I don't want to over-criticize since it may well be serving its purpose well for the park, but there are definitely many coasters that size and smaller that are much more intense.

Jaguar! ranks low on my list, as well.

^^^ That's what I was thinking too. The kiddie coasters I have been on at SFMM, KBF, Castle Park, Scandia and Adventure City were all better than Pony Express. The Freeway Coaster at Adventure City actually had a pretty forceful first drop which slid me across the seat when it made that first sharp right turn. I had much more fun on that one than Pony Express.