TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And to think... The park took out the Joker ride for it...

Prater seems to be a test-ground for funtime rides... THey have the 3rd tallest FT slingshot.. a FT skycoaster...booster.. And the first StarFlayer...

If only they had got the ride in 04.. then I could have went on it

I laugh anytime I see that ride. I just think it is really funny that something that elaborate could be built for such a low low low capacity ride.

Capacity doesn't matter at the Prater Park...

That wasn't really my point. It is just funny that there is so much that goes into the ride and the magnitude of it and the capacity is so small. I didn't really mean the park, just the ride itself

This ride is such a waste of money. You could make the ride with double the capasity, and remove the bell. IMO, they dont need the bell, its such a waste of money. But then again it does give it theme, its just like the tornado slides that have a full funnel when they only half half of it.

Well, the bell adds a lot to it I imagine. For one, you have the walls of the bell approaching you as you ride it. Just like a real bell works. I imagine that beeing a very unusual, but cool effect. Also, there are speakers that add even more to the ride and give it the fitting sound.

IMHO that ride would be very boring without that "theming". But the way it is right now, it looks like a great crowd puller. Which is not much at the Prater Park. The capacity is plenty for that park, and since that ride was made just for the Prater, there is no reason to waste more space for seating...

Well, usually when they get rides with such a low capacity they just make it a pay attraction so that it isn't as big of a waste of money. (I'm not talking about this bell thing at this park since it has been repeated that the park doesn't get a lot of guests) But I'm just saying that there is a method to the low capacity thing.

No dude, the park gets TONS of people. Everything is pay-per-ride due to the fact that all the rides are indepemdently owned.

Why else would the park have two mouse coasters. Plus the place is huge, with more rides than I've ever seen at any other park, even Cedar Point. On top of that everthing was open and staffed, even the trampolines!

My guess is that the ride consessioner approached Funtime about the ride and they designed it together based on the owners needs. There's no doubt that die glocke could have been supplied with a larger ride gondola, but there was probably no need.

The Prater is one of the most unique parks I've ever been too. No place else has such a ride diversity. Where else can you find 10+ darkrides, haunted walkthroughs, trampolines, a starflyer, a horse drawn carousel, and a boomerang with a tunnel!

-Don, whose been talking about this ride non stop since august it seems and no one gets it!

I had no idea about this place either. It was part of the huge ECC trip this year.

They just pulled the bus up and dropped us off. They also bought us a 4hr. guided tour of the park that took us underneath their senic railway and in and around some other 'backstage' areas of the park and then basically turned us loose.

I spent the rest of the day just exploring the place and trying out all the crazy rides they had there. SO far it's the closest I've come to the ledgendary german fairs.

They also have some awesome game booths. I went to one and for a euro this guy just handed me a bow and arrow and let me shoot stuff. I haven't shot a bow and arrow in like 10 years and here I am armed and dangerous in Vienna. I've got a ride video of it somewhere.

Seriously, as a ride enthusiest, Prater and Blackpool are my two favorite places on the planet.

-Don

wow your lucky! I got to go to the park because... I walked off from my school group and walked around till I found it.. Ran and got all the coasters + the booster,starflyer,slingshot, wheel(with spin cars), and then I rode the "superman2" superflip, Hoppla, and Energystorm 2 times each.

And yeah.. that boomerangs tunnel is badass and the big "bang" was like WTF....

Wow that looks pretty intense! Although I went on a lot of the same type of flat ride as Delirium, at the South Florida Fair and I loved it, I got to say that I never tried a flat ride like that with seats facing outwards.. :shock:

Edit: OMG people voted for Manhattan Express on my site!

It looks like a cool ride, but I cant imagine them making much money on it as there wont be much people riding it.

Btw, I agreee with Don that Prater is one FANTASTIC park. It has such a great collection of classic and modern rides, and the atmosphere is just fantastic. One of many excellent surprises on the ECC trip. It may be expensive if you want to try everything, but its definately worth it. And where else can you ride a big-ass ferris wheel from 1895 or something? Or a butter-smooth vekoma with helixes that almost makes you grey out?

Yngve "Starflyer rocks" Oestbye