TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Do you count FAIR coasters?

Do you count funfair coasters in your coaster count.  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you count funfair coasters in your coaster count.

• Yes
    • No
    • Only Lamers do....

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'll just assume this will be moved eventually, and reply as I normally would:

I'm still lost as to how a fair coaster doesn't count? If it would be considered a rollercoaster at a park, I'll count it as a credit. Your coaster count is supposed to reflect how many rollercoasters you've ridden, not how many parks you've been to. Don't you count Eurostar as a credit?

Yes, we count fair coasters...but only the 1st time we ride them.

For example, I know the Hi Miler is the ONLY one of those around, so it counts once on my list.

It's actually pretty easy to know which ones you have and haven't ridden. I mean there aren't THAT many full sizes fair coasters out there, and for the kiddies, we usually have a good idea of what fair company puts on a show, and if we've ridden their coasters or not.

--Robb "Who maybe has 25 fair credits out of 700 on my list." Alvey

Yeah to exclude coasters like Hi Miler and the huge Oktoberfest coasters because they are transportable would be absurd, not to mention for some reason many people count the coaster as a credit once it is in a park even though it is still portable (Zonga)

to answer your question the best way to know what portables you have ridden is to keep track of the coasters by their ownership, most fair companies plaster their name all around so it isn't that hard to figure it out

What about Galaxi coasters?, if I go to one park and ride one, do I get another credit for going to another park and riding it again, or say invertigo?

Should the same model coaster be counted as a credit at diffrent parks?

Can't see any reason not to count fair coasters! It's just like discrimination, only because they are often ugly and rough . But anyways, although they may not always be that good, I just look at them the same as a themepark coaster. After all a lot of fair coaster designs are build in themeparks and we do count them as well, so why not those moving around the planet?

Yes I count coasters that I've rode at fairs.

However when I went to Foire Du Trone in Paris, last year.

I did not ride the Reverchon Spinning Wild Mouse there, Just in case I had been on it before.

Highly unlikely that I had... But as I've been on those types of coasters before, I'd rather save my cash and go on the coasters & spin rides that I had not been on before.

The coaster we mainly went there for was King, A large none looping coaster made by Soquet. Link here > http://www.ukridesvideos.myqth.co.uk/king.htm

I even count unfair coasters, like the late Windjammer.

Seriously, the only coasters I wouldn't count would be powered coasters, like those dragon ones (which I don't ride anyway). But like others, I only count them once. For example, I've ridden the Hi-Miler in two different places, but I only count it as one.

Eric

• 10 years later...

Ah yes, for coasters like the Hi Miler (and begrudgingly the Crazy Mouse that tends to accompany it) I'd count them as credits. Just because they travel around doesn't make them any less than a normal, stationary coaster. And seeing that I manage to have ridden only those two rides mentioned at the fairs I've been to so far (missed out on a Chance Toboggan... bummer ), it's really only the first time that they "count".

I don't count my coasters, but if I did I would definitely count fair coasters as it would be a waste not to include rides like Eurostar, Olympia Looping etc etc. The only thing I would perhaps find hard is keeping track of smaller coasters that change owners, colours etc, but I don't ride those anyway as I'm not much of a credit whore.

I haven't ridden a coaster at a fair since I was a teenager (hope to hit Oktoberfest someday, though). The Stanislaus County Fair in Turlock, California, back when I was a kid, used to feature at least a Toboggan, and one year a Hi Miler graced its midway.

If I can positively identify that a traveling coaster is indeed a ride I haven't done before, then I will count it. Since most are stock models (at least in the US), this usually means identifying the carnival operator. In a couple cases, I was unable to do this and thus I didn't count those coasters, but as they were small Dragon Wagons or similar it doesn't bother me one bit that they're missing from my count. I've counted everything else I've ridden, but I think the total number of traveling coasters in my count is probably only 10-15 (out of a total count over 350).