TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite place(s) in the world

Hicko

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. My bed in my bedroom. No matter how much I love to travel, and how much I never want to be home, nothing feels as great as laying down and stretching out in my bed.

2. Europa Park. Don't know if I've ever been as giddy and happy as I was when I was there. If I could build an apartment in the middle of the park and live in it, I would in a heartbeat!

3. New York City and it's Boroughs. Even though I only spent a few days there over the summer, I absolutely loved it and can NOT stop thinking about getting back there to spend more time.

Hopfgarten, Austria - Was there on my recent tour of Europe. Did a 25k bike ride through the mountains and did some paragliding. Place was absolutely beautiful; I had a smile on my face the whole time.

Florence, Italy - Go for the history, stay for the steak.

Malta - So much history there; I love it...Plus, my family's from there, so that's another reason.

Oktoberfest - 'nuf said.

San Francisco, California - the sights, arcitecture, engineering, and seafood all add up to one awesome place to visit.

Orlando, Florida - 'nuf said.

Germany - Lived there 14 years, wouldn't have had it any other way. Everything is better there.

Amsterdam - I love to party and Amsterdam is where the party is.

Reno - I like how it's more local and easy going. Just go and relax.

London - London has it's act together when it comes to large city. The musical culture that can be found around the city is so magnificent!

--James

Lots of awesome places listed! Vegas and San Fran are still my favorite American cities. I haven't really been around Europe (or the world, really) to give proper judgement, but I really loved Munich. They kept the 500 year old buildings, wonderful street culture, tons of beer etc. Which leads me to..

Germany. I have been their four times, it is such a nice country, has nice food and nice people.

Preface: I love Germany. BUT, I'm not sure I'd consider their food to be a high point (though, if you're coming from the UK, it may be an improvement ) "Nice" people may be a bit strong too - I'd consider them to be very polite and cordial, but coming from the old south, not over the top nice. But I do realize we have entirely different standards in the southern US than the Europeans do! Bavaria was very warm and friendly though compared to NRW and the Saxony states, probably due to the fact that so many speak English, which in turn is due to the American presence after the war

Hopfgarten, Austria - Was there on my recent tour of Europe. Did a 25k bike ride through the mountains and did some paragliding. Place was absolutely beautiful; I had a smile on my face the whole time.

The Alps were beautiful. Its amazing how a small continent like Europe has some of the most beautiful and diverse geography - the Mediterranean, the Alps, the Fjords etc etc

• 2 weeks later...

Favourite places:

Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, Scotland. I love the place, I was brought up there but I left the island and the community is the "everyone knows everyone" type.

New Zealand, the whole country is just amazing.

I really want to go to Tokyo, I just love the Japanese culture and their wacky-ness.

Preface: I love Germany. BUT, I'm not sure I'd consider their food to be a high point (though, if you're coming from the UK, it may be an improvement )

Yeah, the general pattern in Europe seems to be that the best food is in the traditionally Catholic countries near the Mediterranean Sea: France, Spain, and Italy. The Protestant countries to the north? Not in the same league. You simply cannot beat Mediterranean produce, French cheeses, Spanish cured ham, French/Italian wine, etc. And that Catholic work "ethic" of 3-hour lunches and dinners that take all evening really creates some awesome dining experiences.

I did stumble across some really good food in Munich though. Like anything else, German food *can* be done really well. But most of the restaurants we hit in Germany prepared their food rather indifferently.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

There are WAY too many places I haven't been yet, but as far as places I've been, my favorites are:

Cities:

San Francisco, CA

Chicago, IL

San Diego, CA

Denver, CO

Indianapolis, IN

All have such distinction and are truly great and unique in their own ways. Cities that are on the very top of my list to visit in the future are NYC, Washington DC, London, Paris, Rome, Venice, Berlin, Copenhagen, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Istanbul, Sydney, Cairo.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...