TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is this a good coaster trip?

Hey! currently planning a 2022 (or 2023) coaster trip! Is this a good trip plan

Day 1: SFDK (hour and half drive from my house..CGA is my home park)

Day 2: Driving to lagoon

Day 3: Lagoon half day (drive the rest)

Day 4: Eltich

Day 5: Drive to worlds of fun

Day 6: Worlds of fun

Day 7: Silver Dollar city or Six flags st louis

day 8: Drive to over texas

Day 9: over texas

day 10: head back home

Ok, getting stuck up on that...Plus the drive home has no credits...

ADVICE?

Hi @Jellowithdacoastercredit! Welcome to the forums!

Uhh...not trying to tell you what to do but...I would not waste your time with Elitch Gardens...and I think a lot of people on here would agree...

I would do Glenwood Caverns (if you don't have a problem with their management), Lakeside (if that place is even open), or Silverwood (if your ok with a ton of driving), over Elitch any day...just saying...

Also I'd say SDC over Six Flags St. Louis is probably a better choice. But that one might be more debatable...

Otherwise it looks fun! Hope you have a great trip!

Skip Elitch Gardens. I went last summer and had a terrible day. Most rides were closed, and the park could not care less about it. Really nothing of note there including Twister II. The Vekoma SLC sucks (as most of them do) and the Vekoma boomerang...well....like every other one out there. The only unique ride was Meow Wolf’s Kaleidoscape and not worth the price of admission.
Save your time and money and sanity!

20 hours ago, Jellowithdacoastercredit said:

Day 1: SFDK (hour and half drive from my house..CGA is my home park)

Day 2: Driving to lagoon

Day 3: Lagoon half day (drive the rest)

Day 4: Eltich

Day 5: Drive to worlds of fun

Day 6: Worlds of fun

Day 7: Silver Dollar city or Six flags st louis

day 8: Drive to over texas

Day 9: over texas

day 10: head back home

SFDK to Lagoon - 10+ hours driving with no stops.  Add in food and fuel that's a FULL day of driving.

Lagoon is most definitely a full day park.  Elitch is trash.  Either cancel Elitch entirely or do a full day at Lagoon and a morning at Elitch.

Lagoon to Elitch is 8 hours (no stops) straight through the Wyoming desert.  If you've never driven through Wyoming before I'd suggest you swap drivers once in a while.  Highway hypnosis is a very real thing.  Combine that with the unstoppable winds that will happily flip an 18-wheeler, just make sure you've got your wits about you.

Elitch to World Of Fun is another 10+ hour driving day without stopping, this time through eastern Colorado and Kansas, two extremely flat areas.  Same rules apply as Wyoming, just less wind.

WoF to SDC isn't a bad drive and it gets really friggin' pretty south of Springfield.  I would skip St Louis, it's out of the way from Texas and SDC is easily the superior park.

SDC to SFOT is about 8 hours nonstop and you're worried about the trip home?  At the point I'd say screw it, we've gone this far, let's continue to San Antonio.  Fiesta Texas is 100% worth it.

The trip back to the bay area I'd go the southern route through El Paso, Tuscon, and Yuma.  Either go north through the Salton Sea towards Bakersfield or go all the way to San Diego and head north from there.  Gorgeous driving either way.

• Like 1