TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

VIDEO: Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser Full Walkthrough and Experience!

Ok GIF

I know it's a preview and there are a few really cool things going on here (live force effects, light speed, food) but it seems like they over-promised and under-delivered in a big way.  I'm very curious how they're going to stretch this into a 48-hour experience without tons of downtime.  Until the full thing opens I'll withhold most of my criticism.  That being said, the actors clearly need more rehearsal time and the interactive experiences honestly seem more fitting for a preshow at an attraction in the park.

• Like 3

The retractable light saber is cool as hell, but I kinda laughed a little when Rey clearly just bent over to put it down and picked up a different one to use in the battle scene. I know I'm nitpicking but seems like that transition could be more believable lol.

looks hella fun!!! I don't know if it will be on the table for the next trip, just too much to do already between wdw and universal, but depending on availability i'll drop the ~$4k. If the "day trip" to hollywood studios includes "special versions" of rise of the resistance / millennium falcon it may tip the scales...

• Like 1

Thanks for putting this together! It’s cool to even see something like this be attempted, even if I have strong opinions about meaningless details (the fact that Disney even built this is bonkers and I love that). As someone who will probably never get to go, getting a comprehensive look like this means so much.

I really think if they scrapped the rooms and sold this at $300/person for four hour dinner party experience I’d consider it. Or even $500/person but include Hollywood Studios ticket, the lightning lane passes and lunch. That to me would be the better move.

• Like 3

It looks cool and thanks for sharing the video but I gotta be honest, for $4-5K I'd rather do an actual week long Caribbean cruise than a two day experience. Now if they ever brought the price down to $1-2K then I'd consider it. 

I think the price point for this is a little misleading, that $4-5k is for multiple people I believe. Feel like I read a review from someone from the first "cruise" that they paid like $1600 per person for 3 people in a room, or somewhere in that range. That's still "expensive" but it's all relative, it's a luxury experience how ever you look at it and it's a luxury in a very specific niche. 

I'm glad that it seems to be getting very positive reviews. It's not really my kinda of thing but it's still cool to see Disney really take a chance on a really unique experience like this. I'm hoping that it's successful enough that someone replicates it down the road. There's so many cool properties that you could offer a really cool immersive "resort" experience with.

13 minutes ago, Hilltopper39 said:

I think the price point for this is a little misleading, that $4-5k is for multiple people I believe. Feel like I read a review from someone from the first "cruise" that they paid like $1600 per person for 3 people in a room, or somewhere in that range. That's still "expensive" but it's all relative, it's a luxury experience how ever you look at it and it's a luxury in a very specific niche. 

I'm glad that it seems to be getting very positive reviews. It's not really my kinda of thing but it's still cool to see Disney really take a chance on a really unique experience like this. I'm hoping that it's successful enough that someone replicates it down the road. There's so many cool properties that you could offer a really cool immersive "resort" experience with.

There's no rate or cabins for solo travelers so you're still forced to pay over $4K if you go by yourself and even if you bring a friend to split the cost you either are going to have to decide who gets the nice bed or share the main bed. At least if I wanted stay at a WDW Deluxe hotel I could split the room with a friend and we could each get our own bed. I've stayed at both Grand Floridian and Yacht Club for under $600/night (total room cost w/ AP discount) and those feel way more luxurious then this looks. Honestly I'd rather stay at another WDW Deluxe resort than try this out at the moment. 

• Like 2