TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Steve Urbanowicz passes away...

From Screamscape -

News Update - (11/1/05) I’ve just been informed this evening that Steve Urbanowicz, coaster historian and author of The Roller Coaster Lover’s Companion and the Cheapskates Guide To Theme Parks passed away Friday evening. If you watched the Kingda Ka special on National Geographic’s MegaStructures earlier this week, you may have seen him. Our thoughts go out to his family and friends.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've met Steve seemed to be a nice guy...

My prayers are with his family tonight.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember seeing him on Discovery (riding Medusa, the one with grass under it), and chatting with him via both AIM (I've still got his screen name on my contact list) and RRC (we were discussing how the cover art was partially computer generated and whether Mindbender @ SFOG had three loops). I was probably 15 at the time, and I've still got my copy somewhere. Maybe it will be worth something in the future.

Anyone know what happened?

Also as a side note, I have some remnants of the B&M Info Center (Steve Nuss's page, referenced in the RRC thread) stored on my PC.

• 2 weeks later...

The first coaster book I ever got was "The Roller Coaster Lover’s Companion." I got it for my 9th or 10th birthday. I remember when I got it I had no idea how to pronounce his last name. My mom told me how to pronounce it and it stuck with me.

I saw him once at a coaster event. He will be missed.