TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Report: SeaWorld Makes $3.4 Billion Takeover Bid for Cedar Fair

2 hours ago, cfc said:

Kraken: il mostro della forza d'acciaio

Mako: Vendetta d'acciaio blu

Rompighiaccio: zona rompighiaccio lanciata

Viaggio ad Atlantide: la Big Splash Tower

Super Grover's Box Car Derby - Woodstock Express (che altro sarebbe?)

at best, cedar fair coasters will change their name

Looking through BGW's site, I do not see any of the following Platinum Season Pass add-on options:

-All park, season long skip-the-line.
-Any kind of dining plan.
-Any kind of drink plan.

I'll pass, thank you very much.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I greatly prefer Kings Dominion to BGW and don't care at all about theming or stupid ride names that CF parks may have.  I'm also a fan of rides that are finished opening in a timely fashion, not a year later, and all of the park opening at the same time.  I also fail to see how "operating procedures" or "employee quality" is better at SEAS parks than CF parks on the whole.

The improvement in food would be nice, but overall, I'm quite happy with the way things are at CF parks now.

I really feel like all-season dining plans are going to become a thing of the past across the board…

Oh crap, I just thought of one more thing in the SeaWorld win column: They’re the only chain where a pass gets you a discount on booze! Catch that L, Cedar Fair people. 🤣

• Like 5

2 hours ago, coasterbill said:

That post made no sense to me either, I’m almost wondering if he’s conflating the two chains.

2 hours ago, Zand said:

I can't imagine leaving Busch Gardens Williamsburg and thinking "I don't want their food, employees, or operating procedures at Kings Dominion."

I'd love to hear an elaboration on this because I'm genuinely curious.

BGW is beautiful. But it did not impress, nor did BGT, nor have any of the SW parks. Over rated, beautiful parks though. 

CF is consistently great. I've been to many of their parks across the US and you just can't beat them (besides the intamin thing). You will not change my mind. 

Honestly I really hope this doesn’t happen. Living in So Cal I like having just about every major chain having a park within 1-2 hours from me.
The thing that worries me the most is Knotts. The Knott’s family chose Cedar Fair specifically because they felt they would keep the charm of Knotts in tact(even picking them over Disney). For the most part they have done that (although they’ve never achieved the level of theming the Knott’s family used to).  I really feel they have been on a great run the past 10 years with the park and the crowds have responded. The place is more crowded than I’ve ever seen it!  If this gets done Knotts will clearly be the crown jewel of deal. By the numbers Cedar Fair bought the park in 1997 for $300million, adjusted for inflation that’s around $520million today. This was before they had Soak City as well. I’d venture to say that if Knotts were to sell by itself they could get close to $600 million for it or more. With 16 properties you can see how much stake Knotts has in this deal.

With all that said, if this deal does happen let’s hope and pray the deal for the Giga has already been made! Then it will be similar to what happened when Ghostrider was already being built as Cedar Fair took over. 

2 minutes ago, BotanicalStig said:

BGW is beautiful. But it did not impress, nor did BGT, nor have any of the SW parks. Over rated, beautiful parks though. 

CF is consistently great. I've been to many of their parks across the US and you just can't beat them (besides the intamin thing). You will not change my mind. 

Oh so that post wasn’t a typo? So when you said “trash cans” you actually meant that you want every other park to get on Cedar Fair’s level with that, like Cedar Fair has the perfect number of trash cans? I swear I thought you made a mistake and meant it the other way around. That’s a first. Lol

6 hours ago, ytterbiumanalyst said:

Sea World Pepsi Chipotle, proud to be one of America's eight companies!

FyYd.gif.bdd5ac3425719aa3e6a83537f83c2d46.gif

6 hours ago, coasterbill said:

Picture this: Orcas in Diamondback's splashdown pool enjoyed from the viewing deck of my favorite theme park patio while drinking free beer.

oprah-winfrey-shrug.gif.79accce565895fc4e240640115f4aebe.gif

5 hours ago, VegasBaby said:

Will they name the new company Seadar Fair?

oprahshakemyhead.gif.8b5e5a4a64210425312e5f0a66c872f5.gif

4 hours ago, BotanicalStig said:

I hope this doesn't go through. I generally find Busch & SeaWorld parks pretty terrible.

what-oprah-winfrey.gif.99639e606f4947cad05fc3717bfb7582.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hey, we all have terrible theme park opinions. For example, I hate Holiday World and think that Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit and Mystery Mine are god-tier coasters so whatever. If Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Busch Gardens Tampa “didn’t impress” but Valleyfair, Michigan’s Adventure and Dorney Park did then more power to you. You’re insane though… like super insane.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, SharkTums said:

I really wanted it the other way around to see Manta become Flight Deck! =)

That's not literal enough for Cedar Fair. However there is another ride that could become Flight Deck:

image.thumb.png.0c3df1987e3c5e4a8b4706e2ec61d485.png

• Like 1

1643764308504.thumb.png.cac9f50f3985ef73f7f9253385cea4cb.png

it's happening GIF

I won't be so mad if I can use my Wonderland platinum pass i bought in Aug 2019 for SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Tampa this summer since all the Canadian passes got extended again. Along with the all season FL+ (ha). MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

But in all seriousness, I'm still undecided in my true feelings of all of this. I was NOT expecting this to be all over my feeds this morning. Even if it doesn't happen, it is still interesting to think about.

4 hours ago, Zand said:

I can't imagine leaving Busch Gardens Williamsburg and thinking "I don't want their food, employees, or operating procedures at Kings Dominion."

I'd love to hear an elaboration on this because I'm genuinely curious.

There is now a widespread opinion and evidence that Busch is getting worse and Cedar Fair getting better. For example, CF's new coasters are well themed, Seaworld's is relatively lacking -- although they built more, and are finally opening them. Food at BG has become inconsistent, KD's opening another reimagined restaurant. Whether CF has caught up or not, that's the trend. 

The merger would decrease competition and probably involves increased total debt. Rich guys getting richer., card houses reaching higher. 

• Like 1