TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Icon Park - Drop Tower (Orlando FreeFall) - Dismantled and Gone

On 6/21/2022 at 8:57 PM, Jew said:

Unless they knew the drop tower was being operated outside of manufacturer guidelines, it is out of their control.

Maybe. Im looking forward to the proceedings in this matter. I love reading about cases like this. 

• 3 months later...

An understandable decision. I'm a hardcore drop tower fan and I would have ridden it if it had reopened...but I definitely would've had a weird feeling about it, too.

I'm sure it will be relocated. It's a brand new tower.

• Like 1

I am guessing as an insurance adjuster that this is part of the structured bankruptcy.  Why waste assets when you know the judgement is higher than owner equity?  You start by creating a separate shell company, borrow to negative equity, and insure for the state minimum limits.  Once you know the loss is more than what equity you have in the loan or insurance limits; you file bankruptcy.  They are just pre-liquidating assets as they know liquidation is inevitable.  Ducks in a row.

• tndank changed the title to Icon Park - Drop Tower (Orlando FreeFall) - Soon To be Dismantled
1 hour ago, grsupercity said:

I would bet money some park over sea's bought it 

This will be interesting to see.  I also wonder if they cut some height off or keep it world's tallest freestanding.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 6:21 PM, DBru said:

An understandable decision. I'm a hardcore drop tower fan and I would have ridden it if it had reopened...but I definitely would've had a weird feeling about it, too.

I'm sure it will be relocated. It's a brand new tower.

I would absolutely only ride it again if modifications were made. You are a braver man than me.

There's a little selfish part of me that is a little sad to see this tower go. Ended up as my favorite to ever experience. But this was definitely their best option all things considered. I also hope it finds a new home at least, and maybe goes the same route with adding those seatbelts for peace of mind like that similar tower in Germany.

Also saw on Icon Park's website that the slingshot group is creating a scholarship in his name at Tyre's school, which is nice as well.

They had no choice but to pull this tower down.  The only interesting thing will be to see if it gets relocated or scrapped. I can't even imagine it getting relocated domestically because of all the press around it, but I also can't see it getting scrapped so we'll see. 

On 10/8/2022 at 5:19 PM, CP_RULES said:

I would absolutely only ride it again if modifications were made. You are a braver man than me.

Like what?

You don't think you would close the harness fully?

I would 100% ride it exactly the same as it was. I know how far such restraints need to be down to be safe.

The only thing wrong with the ride was a misadjusted sensor that let an obviously insecure restraint dispatch. And we still don't know who made that adjustment and why it was allowed.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2022 at 8:58 PM, TEDodd said:

Like what?

You don't think you would close the harness fully?

I would 100% ride it exactly the same as it was. I know how far such restraints need to be down to be safe.

The only thing wrong with the ride was a misadjusted sensor that let an obviously insecure restraint dispatch. And we still don't know who made that adjustment and why it was allowed.

Then save the ride and ride it big man. Negligence has reared its head, not looking to be the next experiment with faulty sensors and absent minded ride ops. I’ll give you the award I gave before: braver than me. Good for you.

A faulty sensor wasn't the problem. Ride ops weren't the problem. Circumventing and altering manufacture regulations and design was the problem. Follow all the manufacturer rules and safety features and I'd hop on it again. 

• Like 5

On 10/17/2022 at 2:08 PM, SharkTums said:

Don't expect deconstruction anytime soon. It was announced today that no one can touch it until all the legal craziness is done and we know how long that usually takes. 

Coming soon to Orlando, SkyVue 2.0!!!

image.thumb.png.19ebb94e65c6e0145d9d906e6215d222.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyvue

• 4 months later...
  • tndank changed the title to Icon Park - Drop Tower (Orlando FreeFall) - Deconstruction started
  • tndank changed the title to Icon Park - Drop Tower (Orlando FreeFall) - Dismantled and Gone