TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite non-rides

In addition to all the Silver Dollar City stuff listed above:

• The water tree.
  • The talking railroad bucket.
  • The ghost trap.  (afaik currently not working :( )
  • The 'Dont look in here' section.

All of these are off the beaten path to some degree or other and easily missed. 

At Universal Islands of Adventure there's a little 'pointless' walking path by Bluto's Barges that not only has nice views of the lagoon but has a bunch of little dioramas, most if not all featuring a dad-joke level of pun. 

On 12/30/2021 at 9:09 PM, tinaalsgirl said:

Silver Dollar City: Marvel Cave tour; the Saloon Show; interacting with Terry Wayne Sanders as any of his myriad characters; the Christmas lights, including the tree (I am SO happy they finally upgraded it; I haven't gotten to see the "new" one in person [in quotes because it's new to me], but a storm chaser I follow on Twitch livestreamed from the park a week or two ago and I am very impressed with the current tree)

Dollywood: the eagle sanctuary - I could legit spend an entire day just sitting there watching and listening to the eagles

Terry is a literal treasure.  On our last visit he was out front before opening and sweeping up the entry pathway in full costume.  I asked him once if he ever had a bad day at work and he answered "When the park is closed."

• Like 1

....and then there's this "new" place in Playland, that had stolen my heart ... and credit card, last year.....

Burp.

IMG_3178.JPG.065e95f98e78b664bff768b60cc30535.JPG

They decided to run the Ride Side Bar during Playland times! Not just during the PNE. This is awesome!

And this was decided to start running last year, during "those times" we've been in. Bravo PNE!

IMG_3179.JPG.564a23e0ca67f6a119522442746d5d2c.JPG

I definitely obliged, with a fave cider to enjoy. Great job, Playland!

I accidentally stumbled onto this small sign placed on the wall of a picnic area in Lagoon.  Most random thing ever, and I've been told by locals that's there tons of these nonsensical signs scattered around the park.  Would love to know about more of them.

IMG_8338.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I do enjoy any sort of live entertainment at parks--even if it is cheesier than the state of Wisconsin. I make it a point to interact with casts/performers pre/post show. It's decent work, even if the show is not a good representation of the performers' talent.

I'm also a sucker for character experiences, such as when I got to meet Cookie Monster this past summer at BGW while wearing a shirt that said "I Want Cookies More Than Abs"

20210705_170715.thumb.jpg.fc52780b5db7a7a77ff1d0d4fea01164.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CaptainUnknown said:

I do enjoy any sort of live entertainment at parks--even if it is cheesier than the state of Wisconsin. I make it a point to interact with casts/performers pre/post show. It's decent work, even if the show is not a good representation of the performers' talent.

I'm also a sucker for character experiences, such as when I got to meet Cookie Monster this past summer at BGW while wearing a shirt that said "I Want Cookies More Than Abs"

20210705_170715.thumb.jpg.fc52780b5db7a7a77ff1d0d4fea01164.jpg

I've done a little character work and it's always great when you see a person with something that you can use to relate your role to, just adds a little extra personal touch.

• Like 2

^ reminds me of USJ parade in Jurassic Park area. . .I was wearing a Blue shirt, and the Raptor (who I didn't know was named "Blue" until it was explained to me. . came rushing right over to interact with me

IMG_0546.thumb.JPG.264a2b816ebd67a26e76dbe361aa62bd.JPG

and as anyone who has been in a park with me knows. . I'm a HUGE sucker for character interactions , or photo-op with props in most any park

(also from that same USJ trip)

1442031876_IMG_0563(2).thumb.JPG.1c5b48b187e7327c69aa25e535eae4e1.JPG

• Like 2