TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video: Another Schwarzkopf derails at Parque Del Café (No injuries)

Yeah I'd be willing to be that's not electrical, the middle car in that picture of the train looks to be completely out of alignment. It might be an optical illusion with the angle of the train and where the picture was taken from but pretty sure there was something that when wrong, maybe with one of the bogeys. 

If you turn up that video it sounds like there is some loud clanging when the train doesn't make it over the hill, then the whole way back down into the valley sounds pretty rough. Hopefully nobody was hurt.

• Like 2

Whoah. Glad I got to ride it when it was in Worlds of Fun. The Zambezi Zinger was always one of my ultimate bucket coasters to ride.

I have known of this coaster and Worlds of Fun, since they originally opened. And Valleyfair too, if you wanna count that as well.

Anyway, sad to see what happened, whatever happened to it. And glad that the riders were alright, yes? No?

One of the best steel coasters ever.  Evar.   Think Whizzer but spunkier with air time.  Just like Revolution, the 3rd drop is the biggest.  Miss it horribly.  Hell, I miss Mind Bender now too.  Shame.  We don't have too many nice things left.

On a related note, Big Bend (cousin to Montana Rusa/Zambezi and Whizzer) at Six Flags Over Texas had a couple minor derailments, also no injuries.

4 hours ago, Doppel Looping said:

Most of the wheels were still on the track. 

Typically you want all of the wheels on the track, y'know.  But maybe that's just me.

• Haha 1

On 12/24/2021 at 10:06 PM, disownedpear said:

Electrical failure? They certainly could have come up with a better excuse than that, it's just so clearly a lie and makes no sense.

Hmmm... well, maybe that middle car motor (located under the center seat of each car) fell apart and jammed, pushing the middle of that car away from the rail during the lift, thus bending or breaking off the catch plate around a wheel set.  I'm not always so "open-minded" but hey, anything can happen.  We've heard some nutty stuff. 

But most likely, a faulty bolt 🤪