TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2021 TPR Coaster Poll!

Finally got around to doing it after missing the deadline last year!

https://coasterpoll.com/u/xvicesandvirtues/rankings?shared

Like many I do the group ranking method because there are dozens of coasters that I can't decide between. Then I'm not sure if everyone else does this but I rank my wood and steel separate, so for example Thunderhead is my #4 wood and I still rank it at #4 even though I wouldn't consider it my #4 coaster overall. I also have 15 coasters in my steel top ten because so many of them deserve to be there. Oh and also I'm not sure how Lightning Rod is planning to be counted this year but I figured since it's now 60% steel, we'll go ahead and call it steel. This is also the first time Millennium Force has fallen out of my top ten, but I did rank it #11.

Steel:

1. Lightning Rod

2. Hyperion

2. Zadra

3. Skyrush

3. Intimidator 305

3. Maverick

4. Expedition GeForce

5. Steel Vengeance

5. Untamed

6. Superman SFNE

6. Iron Rattler

7. Goliath Walibi Holland

8. Jurassic World Velocicoaster

9. Wicked Cyclone

10. Storm Chaser

Wood:

1. El Toro

2. Outlaw Run

3. Colossos Heide Park

3. Goliath Great America

4. Thunderhead

4. Renegade

5. Mystic Timbers

6. Phoenix

7. Boardwalk Bullet

8. Ravine Flyer II

9. Boulder Dash

10. Comet Great Escape

If you haven't voted in the poll yet, you have a little bit more time to do so!

The voting period has been extended to Monday, January 10th at 11:59 PM Eastern!

We especially could use your vote if you have ridden Kondaa at Walibi Belgium, Hakugei at Nagashima Spaland, or Monster at Grona Lund! Happy voting!

• Like 1

Wrapped up my Top 10. The more coasters I ride, the more difficult this is, but it's still enjoyable nonetheless! There are so many great coasters out there now.

1. Jurassic World Velocicoaster

2. Intimidator 305

3. X2

4. Skyrush

5. Fury 325

6. El Toro

7. Kingda Ka

8. Maverick

9. Steel Vengeance

10. Millennium Force

Can't wait to see the results. I have a feeling Velocicoaster will be a welcome addition to the Top 25......

16 hours ago, Garet said:

Might be too late but when checking my listings,  just noticed Regina from Tobu Zoo is on the poll when it didn't run in 2020.

No, it's not too late! Since I believe there is indication it will be back, we'll mark it as SBNO for now. Thanks!

Here is my list. I think next year I need to do a complete overhaul of how I have things ranked, I just see them as tiers outside of Maverick and Velocicoaster. I've been on so many this is so tough to decide  but it's a good problem haha.

https://coasterpoll.com/u/zach-boothe5a58d32c77fae/rankings?shared

Velocicoaster #1 

Maverick #2

Outlaw Run, Millennium, Fury, Eejanaika, DoDoDonpa, Skyrush, Hakugei, Steel Vengeance, Time Traveler round out my favorites. 

• Like 1

You guys are killing me with all the Velocicoaster rankings. I've finally started planning on an April Orlando trip. I've purposely avoided Velocicoaster POVs and reviews because I want to ride something new where I don't know what to expect, which hasn't happened since I rode Skyrush for the first time (I kind of fell out of coaster enthusiasm in college, but we stopped at Hershey while traveling through PA because I at least knew they had two new Intamins, but I hadn't read any reviews and had no idea how f*cking insane Skyrush was going to be). 

I watched the Steel Vengeance POV a hundred times before I finally rode it, and despite some of the elements inside the structure still taking me by surprise, I knew what was coming for the most part. I don't want to ruin Velocicoaster for myself, but I'm still going to really expect insane things with all the #1 rankings I'm seeing.

Also will be riding new to me stuff like Hagrids, Mako, IceBreaker (obviously), Kumba, Montu, Iron Gwazi (which is the reason I waited till 2022 to go to Florida, this will be my first time at BGT), and maybe even the FunSpot woodies so really expecting some changes to my list within a few months. Also still possible I end up at SFMM or Knott's next week, so maybe something from one of those will pop in.

• Like 1

As the # approaches 200 and is becoming filled with more top tier rides this is becoming very difficult. It's like trying to find miniscule differences in pieces of gold. I also try to remember accurately how some rides felt, am I overhyping the RMCs etc...wish I put this much effort into other tasks XD 
Like others I had to go with groupings  because it becomes too insane otherwise. Tbh I mostly focused on a top 25 and a bottom 5 the rest....eh lol  Anyway, here is my top 10:

1. Steel Vengence

2. Twisted Timbers

3. Lightning Rod

4. Wicked Cyclone (Its been since 2016, I need to ride this year as I hear its gone downhill)

5. Storm Chaser

6. Skyrush

7. Fury 325

8. Twisted Colossus

9. Millennium Force

10. Voyage

Bottom 5:

Anaconda - KD

FoF - KI 

Vortex - Carowinds 

Vekoma SLC

Scream Machine - SFOG

GASM was a new addition for this year. God that thing was awful. So much so it takes the bottom. Vekoma SLC you know what to expect and least theres OTSR, inversions etc. How GASM is that bad is beyond me. I have been on worse but they no longer exist so there ya have it. 

Voting in the 2021 TPR Coaster Poll is now closed! We'll be compiling the results over the next few weeks... We have great news to share. Thank you for participating!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Zand said:

You guys are killing me with all the Velocicoaster rankings. I've finally started planning on an April Orlando trip. I've purposely avoided Velocicoaster POVs and reviews because I want to ride something new where I don't know what to expect, which hasn't happened since I rode Skyrush for the first time (I kind of fell out of coaster enthusiasm in college, but we stopped at Hershey while traveling through PA because I at least knew they had two new Intamins, but I hadn't read any reviews and had no idea how f*cking insane Skyrush was going to be). 

I watched the Steel Vengeance POV a hundred times before I finally rode it, and despite some of the elements inside the structure still taking me by surprise, I knew what was coming for the most part. I don't want to ruin Velocicoaster for myself, but I'm still going to really expect insane things with all the #1 rankings I'm seeing.

Also will be riding new to me stuff like Hagrids, Mako, IceBreaker (obviously), Kumba, Montu, Iron Gwazi (which is the reason I waited till 2022 to go to Florida, this will be my first time at BGT), and maybe even the FunSpot woodies so really expecting some changes to my list within a few months. Also still possible I end up at SFMM or Knott's next week, so maybe something from one of those will pop in.

Just avoid POVs and detailed reviews and you should be fine. It's really helpful that metal detectors take away all cameras once you get close to the ride. Honestly, it'll take me probably 100 rides before I can make sense of what happens in the first half of the ride. VC is as good as it gets in my opinion.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zand said:

You guys are killing me with all the Velocicoaster rankings.

The hype is real.

I watched the POV a bunch before riding and thought I had a good idea of what to expect but not only did the first half take me completely by surprise (especially after watching that section off ride and thinking it seemed like the train was going "slow" lol) but the second half is just balls to the wall insane.

I knew it was one of my favorites after my first front row/day time ride but once we did it later in the rear of the train @ night? I knew it was the best ride I've ever ridden. There is so much to love about it - the smoothness, the forces, the themeing, the ridiculous elements, the trains, the restraints, the amazing operations/throughput... I'm even obsessed with the station music (if you could even call it that, its more of just a dull creepy hum, but its perfect just like everything else about the ride!) Get hype, its the best!

23 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

Agreed. Thanks to that, I was totally spoiler free for my first ride and I was totally surprised by that fourth drop track. Did. Not. See. That. Coming...

And, my god, all the BLOOD!

Bur, seriously, it's a great coaster (made my top ten).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, coasterbill said:

Agreed. Thanks to that, I was totally spoiler free for my first ride and I was totally surprised by that fourth drop track. Did. Not. See. That. Coming...

I'm still going strong on no Rise of Resistance or Avatar spoilers!!! Just ....1 or 2 more months!! 🤣 Leave me in the dark 😅

1 hour ago, cfc said:

And, my god, all the BLOOD!

Bur, seriously, it's a great coaster (made my top ten).

Plus if you sit in the "magic seat" on the right train, you'll get a fifth drop track for free* with premier pass purchase. But we can't tell you which seat that is so just keep riding.

Lol in all reality it's so awesome having this coaster so close to where I live. I can't wait for the winter tourists and snowbirds to go away again so we can get back to 10-15 minute weekday morning waits and I can pop over on lunch breaks again.

I stand by what I said that after riding Velocicoaster and Maverick back to back multiple times only about 15 hours apart, Maverick is still the clear winner for me. But if Universal just wants to go ahead and keep making all their new coasters launched Intamins, I'm not gonna be mad about it.

• A.J. unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...