TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Why did Kemah Boardwalk get rid of the Inverter and Wipeout?

Why did Kemah Boardwalk get rid of the Chance Inverter and Wipeout? Was it a popularity issue? I know some Inverters have had maintenance issues (Kemah’s was closed quite a lot) but the Wipeout seemed like it was pretty popular and usually ran with a full load and the Inverter (which was replaced with the Flare, a Larson Ring of Fire/Fire Ball but a bigger model than the ones you see at carnivals/fairs) commanded long lines during busy periods too. However they have replaced the Wipeout with the HypnoSpin (a Tilt-A-Whirl ride; tbh you can find the Tilt at a fair, Wipeouts aren’t as common).

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

I second this notion.

Honestly my favs there are the Aviator and Pharaoh’s Fury. I don’t really care for the other rides except for the Tower, Carousel, Wheel, and the Train. Speaking of which, have they gotten rid of the fish artwork on the blue train? Blue’s my fav color and I rlly liked that train because the artwork was cool. Now it just looks like the red train (which they also seem to have refurbished) but in blue, and neither train has the car that has the back-most seat facing backwards anymore.