TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Do you buy fast pass tickets ?

On 8/23/2021 at 5:52 PM, Ozano305 said:

Ik what you mean, but couldnt you just make sure to not attack the bigger and famous rides prime time and do the high capacity rides that time frame ? Like, right when the park opens, you could rush to all the big main attractions and ride them one by one if youre fast enough. After that, let the prime time come in and go to the big capacity rides with not so high queue time. Somewhere to the ending times of the park, go to the bigger rides you have missed out in the morning again, this is the best way feel like to attack this.

I'm not going to a park just to check rides off on a list... If an ride is good, I'm going to want to ride it again... I'm not just about coasters either, a log flume is always fun, I'm a sucker for bumper cars, and I've never met a drop tower I didn't enjoy... Also, instead of rush-rush-rush-rush, I like being able to have the time to sit and relax on a bench somewhere and enjoy a sno-cone.  Or take the time to have a nice meal somewhere instead of the standard park pizza/burger/chicken fingers. I've had rides where I've expected to want to re-ride it and I didn't, and I've had rides that I thought would be OK, then they really surprised me and I wanted to ride them over and over...

I like the ability to use my time as I want, and I'm willing to pay for it...

The only time I've bought one was at SFNE. The park was slammed and I only had one day there, so I splurged and bought a Platinum Flash Pass. It was worth every penny.

I came close to buying one at SFFT, but Roller Coaster Rodeo ERT was happening that night, so I decided to hold off and save some money.

At my home parks, I've never bought one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2021 at 11:52 PM, Ozano305 said:

Ik what you mean, but couldnt you just make sure to not attack the bigger and famous rides prime time and do the high capacity rides that time frame ? Like, right when the park opens, you could rush to all the big main attractions and ride them one by one if youre fast enough. After that, let the prime time come in and go to the big capacity rides with not so high queue time. Somewhere to the ending times of the park, go to the bigger rides you have missed out in the morning again, this is the best way feel like to attack this.

I always try to do that, taking all into account (how popular each ride is, capacity, where in the park it is located,...) but it doesn't always work. I have been able to get really early into parks and ride 2 (maybe 3) rides with almost no wait. But recently, for example, I took a car trip across several parks (north of France, Belgium and Netherlands) and while I got to every single one a bit before opening (25/15 min) in many cases they would let people into the park before the rides would open which meant that while I stayed in line for the first one (waiting for it to open), people were already going to other queues and by the time I left the first ride all of the others would already have solid lines. So all I could get was 1 ride without/with little queueing time.

I think this year is also a special one since many parks are having horrible operations (due to the effects of covid, I guess). But the first time I went to Europa Park, for instance, I was running all over the place and only managed to get 1 ride on each of the coasters (and no other attraction). And when I had spent 10h on a bus (each way) to get to that single place, it is a bit frustrating.