TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Still think "Expedition GeForce" is the best steel coaster in europe

Visited Holiday Park in Germany today, because its near me, for "Expedition GeForce" mainly. Man, i have ridden quiet a bit of coasters arround europe and i can say, this thing still tops all of them for me by miles.

That first inversion drop with the speed into the most intense and longest air-time hill i have ever experienced and seen is enough to make you litterly launch out of your seats. As if this was not enough already, it also uses lap-bar restraints. 

The rest of the ride is fast paced and features standard elements and intense air-time hills too, but not so long ones as the first one. 

Pro tip: If you plan on riding this, definitly go for the front seat only! For some reason, i get the most of the intense air-time this way, not as much from the back seat, and on top of that you get the typical "speed wind and front view" effect.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It might be, but then again, iam actually quiet shoked because even people from arround the world say this, like this cant be the best one out there in the whole world lol, i have seen enough other coaster pov to say this.

12 hours ago, SharkTums said:

Love this ride. It will be hard to top it ever!

I'm still bummed that one of these was on the original art for Lotte World 2 and they opted for a Blue Fire clone instead and a Mack Supersplash.

Don't get me wrong, both of those are great, but with Lotte World owning half the Intamin catalogue, and the Korean office just down the road, I really thought the world was finally going to get a clone of it.

Well, well, well.. :)

As I am also a local, the front left seat might be good. But the best seat (for me) on that ride it the back left. You have airtime from about the top of the lift hill (because the train accelerates so fast) until the very bottom of the first drop. On a hot, sunny day this feeling stays on multiple hills. Plus, if you don't look where the train goes, of you are unexperienced or if you just let the forces win over your body, you got that out-of-your-seat-feeling when the train slaps you over the crest of the lift hill. *drool*

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pedrinho said:

Well, well, well.. :)

As I am also a local, the front left seat might be good. But the best seat (for me) on that ride it the back left. You have airtime from about the top of the lift hill (because the train accelerates so fast) until the very bottom of the first drop. On a hot, sunny day this feeling stays on multiple hills. Plus, if you don't look where the train goes, of you are unexperienced or if you just let the forces win over your body, you got that out-of-your-seat-feeling when the train slaps you over the crest of the lift hill. *drool*

Cool to see someone from there here too. I have tried every position and weird, for me its the front right seat which gives you the best feeling as well as view lol.

Expedition GeForce was a top bucket list coaster for me... I still have flashbacks of TPR's original EGF video playing "Stay Together for the Kids" by Blink 182 completely hyping up the ride for me many years ago. When we finally made it to Holiday Park back in 2019, to say I was excited was an understatement! Having been on it's other siblings from that era (SROS @ SFNE and Millennium Force) I was excited to finally ride all three and see which came out on top.

I was able to get 5 laps on it, mixed between front/back and middle. They only ran one train, otherwise I would have gotten a few more. Smooth, insane airtime, fantastic layout... Wish Intamin still produced layouts such as this!

Between the three, I would throw SROS at the bottom believe it or not... But between EGF and MF, it's splitting hairs and completely different experiences. Intensity and airtime focus on one, the other with speed and an epic setting along the lake. Both are stunning.

As far as in Europe, that we have been on, I think Taron just edged it out. EGF was a killer time, but Taron left me breathless which is a rarity that few rides have done after the first ride. It's just too bad Holiday Park itself is so forgettable IMO... Planning our return next Spring on a similar trip and planning on skipping the park this time (but making sure we get back to Europa and Phantasialand!).

I'd consider Expedition GeForce in the top 10 of ultimate steel coasters somewhere, that's no question. It is still that good after all these years!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Invertalon said:

They only ran one train

They only have one train left. In 2019 and 2020 the second train was in pieces on and off the storage bay. Now there are just some parts left under the storage bay. You can see different seats and lapbars in the only running train now (for example in the back row).

• Haha 1