TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Follow up question: Is the forum running any faster?

Yes!   as I just noted in my response the Garet - it only took ~3 seconds for the transition between loading now.

(edit: and this response took less than 1 second to post)

9 minutes ago, tndank said:

Individual topic pages load faster now.  The main index page is still slow and only seems to respond after a few seconds.

THIS! This is exactly what I'm now getting.  Clicking on a topic, responding, all so much faster, but when I go back to the index page it seems to take more than ten seconds every time. 

• Like 3

I just experienced a problem where a post I made in the WDW thread took forever to post, saying "saving", so I clicked on the main page in another tab and it posted my reply twice, but still was caught in the "saving" loop in the primary tab. Some topics load super fast while others (including main page) take like 15-20 seconds. Not a big deal, but not quick either.

Edit: this post was caught in the "saving" loop, too. But it only posted once. Does the same thing when editing.

The forum seems to be running okay but I'm unable to edit any previous posts; any attempt to change the description on my current trip report or add a link to the later posts ends up in an error page without it saving. Something is still odd.

Pages load no problem for me (much better than before!), but sometimes there is a delay for me between when I click the "Submit Reply" button and when it shows as posted. Yesterday, it didn't actually show the post posted untill I refreshed the page a couple minutes after first submitting the reply. It just said it was "Saving" the whole time.

Thank you for working on this Robb! I think we all appreciate it very much!

EDIT: It didn't happen to me with this post, it posted quickly and normally. Thank you for your hard work!

Edited by swfan1988
Updated with additional information

It's been running very slow for me since the software was changed over or updated (not sure when that was, but seems like several months) and I just assumed it was because I usually read the forum on my ancient work desktop with Edge.  It's lightning fast now.

• 3 months later...

Sorry if this is too off-topic but has anyone else randomly stopped receiving notifications when a topic is replied to? I checked my user settings and notifications haven't changed but stopped getting e-mails a few days ago. I thought maybe they were being sent to the junk folder but they aren't there too.