TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is the forum running slow for anyone else?

Yes, I've noticed that it's been loading slow. I run a few high traffic sites and I've noticed that it's isolated to this forum and not the others on the site. My best guess without seeing the internal workings is that the the database tables since they're so large might not of been indexed properly and the SQL server/service is having a hard time processing the large amount of data and nested data. Just an educated guess from my past experience with this sort of thing, but I'd look into it. If it's indexed properly it'll also save you a TON on server resources.

• Like 1

It's always been really since upgrading to the new forum.   I visit quite a few sites and this one is the slowest of all.  My speed is usually around 800 Mbps as I have Gig fiber.  It does seem slower today though.

It's been slow for me for a while but a new problem started recently is the main front page of TPR just stays black. I have to jump to the forums hyperlink or go through an email notification to get here.

3 hours ago, Garet said:

It's been slow for me for a while but a new problem started recently is the main front page of TPR just stays black. I have to jump to the forums hyperlink or go through an email notification to get here.

the direct link to forums is:  themeparkreview.com/forum

that's how I got here today, because I too am seeing blank front page (just black screen).

*but the form topics only took ~3 seconds to load for me when I came to respond to you here.