TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is the forum running slow for anyone else?

it's been running "normal" for me today, no issues.

If you hadn't asked, I wouldn't have noticed, but in the past few days, it was taking a few seconds to switch between posts/forums.   But it certainly didn't seem slow enough that it was an issue (figured it was just my system).

EDIT:  I just checked and timed now that you've asked and it did just take 9 seconds to go from this topic to the main board.   and then clicking on the topic to come back and edit this c comment took 11 seconds.

Yes. It's been going on a while for me. Also figured it was just me.

Edited to add: When I hit 'submit reply' on this comment, it took about 15 seconds to post. I'm using Chrome. The progress circle spins pretty much constantly on TPR.

Edited by hoppedup

New board has always been slow loading.  Sometimes it seem to keep the session open and fetch topics quickly, but generally there's a few second pause before it seems to kick into gear and load something.  Similar to a lot of Wordpress sites.

Seems like it might be bit worse the last few days and taking longer to load.

Wonder if the increased delay is associated with the icons on the avatars. Seems like those were added in the last week or two, I think.

• Like 1

Yes, Thought it was a me thing all this time. I usually have several tabs open all the time so thought that was the problem. But no the last few days/weeks I regularly open a topic see it doesn't load directly go to another tab and come back when it's loaded. Also like two three days ago I had trouble even loading the forum in general, like it didn't load at all, don't know if that information helps but it surely wasn't a me thing then because other tabs all did load. (For clarification I had that problem at the end of the day and came back next morning no isue in European time)

I'm on my desktop with really good internet and it's slooooowwww for me. I feel like it really started tanking with the new forum software, which I love, but the speed is painful.

Edit - It took six seconds to add that text only comment.  1872859763_ScreenShot2021-08-16at4_40_49PM.png.45c8c6f4f7a41d482c2254f547e2458e.png

• Like 3

Yep, even with about 180Mbps download it's taking around 15 seconds to switch from a thread to the topic listing page. I too noticed a slowdown once the forum switched away from the old phpBB forum style, but it does seem to be more dramatic recently.

Been slow for me for months now. I got a top end gaming desktop with high speed internet, a laptop, and a fairly new Android smartphone and they are all slow loading for me on this site with the worst being on my smartphone regardless if it's data or wifi.