TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme park alone

maulibels85

I'm planning on going to a local amusement park (Kings Island) alone tomorrow. This would be my first time going alone to the theme park as a solo trip. Unfortunately there are no single-rider line ques but it's a Monday so I expect the park to be fairly empty. Has anyone here been to a theme park alone and can they tell me their experience? I'm pretty introverted so I don't expect to talk much while at the park. I guess I'm just paranoid because I don't want to seem out of place for being alone and getting awkward stares, etc.. I really love roller coasters but no one I know can make it with me. Please tell me your experiences going alone to any theme park and would you recommend it?v

• Like 1

I just did a week long tour of 7 different parks on my own (apart from one that I met a couple local friends at).  It ended up being a great time, having the freedom to just do whatever I wanted at the parks and not have to worry about anyone else.

Don't worry about what anyone else thinks; do you really think anyone is looking around to see who's with who else?  A lot of parks do single rider lines for a reason...it's not that uncommon.  Just go and have fun!

• Like 2

Heck I've gone to Universal parks and Sea World/Busch parks which you'd think are much more 'all families and groups', and I'm a woman, and I never had any weird issues. Go and do exactly what you want to do without worrying about others! It's nice sometimes!

17 hours ago, maulibels85 said:

I'm planning on going to a local amusement park (Kings Island) alone tomorrow. This would be my first time going alone to the theme park as a solo trip. Unfortunately there are no single-rider line ques but it's a Monday so I expect the park to be fairly empty. Has anyone here been to a theme park alone and can they tell me their experience? I'm pretty introverted so I don't expect to talk much while at the park. I guess I'm just paranoid because I don't want to seem out of place for being alone and getting awkward stares, etc.. I really love roller coasters but no one I know can make it with me. Please tell me your experiences going alone to any theme park and would you recommend it?v

I almost exclusively go to parks by myself (my one coaster-fiend friend from college is now married with two young kids, so it's hard for him to get out more than once or twice a year, and almost never on an overnight trip).  I'm not exactly the most social person out there either, but honestly going to parks by myself for these past three or four years has really gotten me out of my shell.  You should be able to pick up pretty quick as to if others wanted to have conversations with you.  ProTip:  Don't randomly start spouting off coaster facts like the enthusiast you likely are unless you have already confirmed that the other person is an enthusiast as well.

As for people thinking oddly of a person by themself?  I've never noticed it...if they think something odd of it, screw 'em.  You're not interacting with them, so what does it matter what they think anyway, right?

My biggest gripe about solo park trips is the lack of anyone to chat with to kill the time in lines - a large part of why I will always splurge for the skip-the-line pass if available.

• Like 1