TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Atlanta Discussion Thread

so the opening of AFO is 03/31/23. the park's hours that day (listed on website) are 4-10pm. this doesn't seem to add up......wouldn't they open earlier in the day for this? anyone have any intel if there is a media day/ribbon cutting/etc earlier in the day? would love to fly down from VA for this event, but want to be sure a) it's actually happening b) i can actually attend and don't need a media pass

1 hour ago, bejackso said:

the park's hours that day (listed on website) are 4-10pm. this doesn't seem to add up......wouldn't they open earlier in the day for this? anyone have any intel if there is a media day/ribbon cutting/etc earlier in the day? 

No info yet.

Wouldn't necessarily open earlier, it's a Friday and as gsr as I know schools are open, so wouldn't have much of a crowd earlier.

There was supposed to be a passholder event, so maybe that will be earlier. Or it could just start at 4, and passholders only on AF1 for a few hours. I'm not a passholder so I won't get any emails. 

On 2/27/2023 at 8:10 AM, bejackso said:

so the opening of AFO is 03/31/23. the park's hours that day (listed on website) are 4-10pm. this doesn't seem to add up......wouldn't they open earlier in the day for this? anyone have any intel if there is a media day/ribbon cutting/etc earlier in the day? would love to fly down from VA for this event, but want to be sure a) it's actually happening b) i can actually attend and don't need a media pass

On FB Fun Spot has stated the park and AF1 opens to the public at 4pm that day.  They have also said there will be passholder ride times but they are not ready to release that info yet.  Many people assume it'll be earlier in the day before official open, but who knows at this point.  I would guess media first, passholders second, open to public at 4.

I keep thinking after it opens it will be easy to marathon this thing if you can get there on a weekday.  Will be really interesting to see how the wait times and crowds end up.  It's such a small park.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2023 at 3:12 PM, TEDodd said:

Curious to see how that goes.

I don't care $$$ much.

No bids yet and they have now reduced the initial bids from $2K/$1K to $500/$250.  

I was 50/50 on attending opening day but I think I'm out now.  I'll be in the area a couple weeks later and check it out then.

• 2 weeks later...

Got to ride this 10 times today in all different spots of the train. Can confirm Fun Spot has a winner on its hands, and now has the best coaster in the state. Everything on this ride is great and there is 0 wasted space. Double up followed by the barrel roll over the arcade is by far my favorite part.

• Like 2

Great to hear! I'm about an hour away from the park now, on my way back North from Florida, and look forward to spending about 3 hours at the park riding it tonight with my kids! After riding both Iron Gwazi and Velocicoaster on our vacation this past week, it'll be interesting to see how it stacks up! I'm betting from the sounds of it, quite well!

• Like 2

I got to get one first ride of the day today. I walked into the que after a short thunderstorm and was greeted to a bunch of enthusiasts in line. They were a lot of fun to talk to. I thought it was a great ride. I like the roll over the arcade

Snapchat-185309388.jpg

Snapchat-1454154213.jpg

• Like 2

Can agree with what was said earlier. Easily the best coaster in the state now. Just an absolutely amazing ride from start to finish... Got rides in the front and the back today. From the moment you drop offf the lift to the brakes, it is just unrelenting... The raven truss... The zero-g.... The outward banked turn is probably one of the most intense they've done... and then you get this airtime on the double up, and stupid ejector off that drop before the barrel roll over the arcade... but I think my favorite moment is that roll after the turnaround before you come back over the arcade.... The amount of snap on that is absolutely insane and it's just perfection... What a ride... Fun Spot definitely has a winner on their hands... Now they can start to build around it.

• Like 2

Echoing the previous sentiments, yes, Arie Force One was awesome! The kids and I grabbed 5 rides on it during our few hours at the park, trying out the front, back, and middle, and it rides great everywhere, but also a little different in each spot. Very front at night was probably my favorite overall ride, but Row 6, the middle (also at night), gave me my favorite moment on the coaster, as it went up into the zero-g roll, and I lifted out of my seat for what seemed like an eternity, during the longest sustained period I think I've ever been out of my seat on a coaster ever! The going straight from that in the outer bank ejector hill is simply an amazing transition! The two rolls later in the ride also hit different, and better, in the middle, which was interesting to note. The back was definitely great if you love violence with your coasters, because AFO definitely brings that in the back, especially at the end of its run on the quad down, and hitting the brake run! Just be prepared to come to a VERY sudden stop if you're riding back there when you hit that brake run. I rode my first ride of the day in the very back, and it was awesome, but it was also incredibly intense, and I did prefer my rides in the front and middle more, personally. But that will obviously be to taste and personal preference of thigh abuse.

All in all, Fun Spot absolutely knocked it out of the park with this coaster, and it's a gem, that is definitely in my Top 10 coasters somewhere, though I'm not sure where all the dust on my new ranking will settle from this Florida/Georgia vacation. Adding three Top 10 coasters though (this, Velocicoaster, Iron Gwazi) definitely made for an amazing week of fantastic coaster riding for myself and my kids!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, tanthonyam said:

The park now needs to add some modern good flats. What is there now is pretty bland.

the tilt-a-whirl and flyer are both new, just added last year.