TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Atlanta Discussion Thread

26 minutes ago, boldikus said:

Currently planning a trip. Do you guys think this one will be operational by 2027?

I expect later this year. For sure when the park opens in the spring.
This is the last week they are open all week until Thanksgiving, so they can move faster.

They are finishing the front section along the Hwy. Behind the arcade is done. A lot of supports up for the run from corner to/over the arcade (maybe more that I haven't seen photos of yet).

So start building the station later this month and possibly testing mid Sep, more likely late Sep.

But I can see it open in Oct/Nov.

7 hours ago, boldikus said:

Currently planning a trip. Do you guys think this one will be operational by 2027?

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. I bought a 2022 Fun Spot pass for this ride. Of course I can use it at the Orlando parks but... I'm getting SeaWorld 2020 vibes. Hopefully they can get it open by the end of the year. I think the park is generally year-round right?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/4/2023 at 12:38 AM, JJLehto said:

Yup, I will absolutely be planning a long weekend (might as well sneak in SFoG too) to Atlanta this year. 

We have any idea or at least informed speculation, on when it may be opening this year?

RCDB lists 3/3/23 as the opening date. Whether that's even credible at all, or where they got it from, I have no clue. Take that for what you will. The only thing the park has said officially is "by summer."

I'm looking at going mid-late April. Fingers crossed...

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 11:06 PM, thrillseeker4552 said:

RCDB lists 3/3/23 as the opening date. Whether that's even credible at all, or where they got it from, I have no clue. Take that for what you will. The only thing the park has said officially is "by summer."

I'm looking at going mid-late April. Fingers crossed...

Yeah so I have two blocks of time off, one based in early April and one in late May. I'd like to do my southern trip in April....but thankfully I have both time slots open. I'll be driving to FL and back so would only be natural to hit this along the way. 

I doubt March 3. Still too prone to cold, snow, ice, etc. to open the outdoor portion of the park. Any one know when they typically open the outdoor portion?

Late March, around Spring Break seems more likely.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, jarmor said:

Seems like we just totally forgot about this place lol.

No updates.

Saw some recent video on instagram. Outside of station looks done. Ride entrance taking shape.

Still no announced opening date.

In another forum it was reported stopped testing in early Jan and hasn't restarted. Some issues with county inspections.

Georgia is a famously difficult state to build in. I mean, obviously a lot gets built anyway, but there's tons of red tape. Their stormwater runoff/SW3P enforcement is legendary. They supposedly have teams of people that observe from a distance, even hiding in the woods if they have to, and will perform "raids" if a contractor isn't following their SW3P correctly. Not surprised to hear about inspection issues. There's still time though and I'm sure they'll get it sorted for this summer. No reason not to expect it to be open by Memorial Day unless they really screwed up somehow.