TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Atlanta Discussion Thread

^ this  has no place on TPR,

in my post, I noted it makes sense that the ride is named after him, and only said I'd be conflicted *when* I ride it. . so take your agenda elsewhere please.

Primary_ArieforceOne_Logo.thumb.png.b415b47d5f4a4b65fb073a84e852c99c.png

Arieforce-Image-1.thumb.jpg.cb2ea282bf1a26d2b30eb19607850cce.jpg

https://funspotamericaatlanta.com/arieforceone-roller-coaster/

Fun Spot America Theme Parks, Orlando’s only Family-Owned theme park is adding HUGE excitement to its Atlanta, Georgia location with the addition of an action-packed custom Rocky Mountain Construction steel roller coaster, ArieForce One. Riders will soar over 3,400 feet of track, towering 15 stories and flying at speeds up to 64 miles-per-hour. The new coaster will be located near the main gate to the park where guests will have spectacular views of the ride featuring the largest Zero-G Stall in America. “ArieForce One is a tribute to my father and his passion for flying. We will have you believing you’re traveling into space with all of the airtime moments and weightlessness this RMC coaster provides,” said Fun Spot America CEO and Owner, John Arie Jr.

“The addition of ArieForce One is a HUGE milestone for our company and the first of many new Marque rides and attractions yet to come to the Fayetteville, GA park. As a one-of-a-kind roller coaster, custom designed to the topography and layout of Fun Spot Atlanta, no other RMC roller coaster has this combination of elements. The Raven Truss Dive and the Zero-G Roll over the arcade are the first-of-their-kind in the world. In both ride elements the train travels through the center of a uniquely designed truss bridge while twisting at Zero-G,” said John Arie Jr.

Key Features of ArieForce One include:

• Themed queue lines based on John Arie Sr’s boyhood passion for flight;
  • Two state of the art 20 passenger steering axle trains that just scream high speed thrills;
  • 3,400 feet of RMC’s award-winning patented steel Ibox track;
  • A HUGE tension-building ascent up a towering,154-foot lift hill;
  • Reaching incredible speeds up to 64 mph;
  • Intense ride elements including a steep, 83-degree first drop and the largest Zero-G Stall in America;
  • Four exciting inversions including a first ever Raven Truss Dive, two Zero-G Rolls and a 180-degree stall.

Arieforce-Image-2.jpg

Arieforce-Image-3.jpg

Arieforce-Image-4.jpg

ArieForceOne_FakeyAirtime.jpg

ArieForceOne_FirstDrop.jpg

ArieForceOne_BigDrop.jpg

ArieForceOne_QuadDownX4.jpg

ArieForceOne_ZeroGInvertedStall.jpg

ArieForceOne_RavenTrussDive.jpg

ArieForceOne_RideAssets-OutsideBank.jpg

ArieForceOne_Moments.jpg

ArieForceOne_RideStats-2.jpg

ArieForceOne_OverTheBuildingBarrelRoll.jpg

• Like 4

On 11/14/2021 at 7:30 AM, PKI Jizzman said:

Oh great, they are naming it after him...

Or not.

14 hours ago, jedimaster1227 said:

“ArieForce One is a tribute to my father and his passion for flying. ...,” said Fun Spot America CEO and Owner, John Arie Jr.

Key Features of ArieForce One include:

• Themed queue lines based on John Arie Sr’s boyhood passion for flight;

I hope the queue theming is done well and maintained.

Ride looks great, name is ridiculous, que theming is always appreciated but I mean has anyone ever waited more than 1 train for a coaster at a Fun Spot Park? lol

I'll probably stop by sometime and ride it a couple of times one of these days, and regardless what you think about Fun Spot and their owners it's cool to see a glorified FEC get something major like this. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, boldikus said:

No surprise it looks absolutely amazing but what a terrible, terrible name... regardless of who it is named after.

My thoughts exactly. The name is horrible, but the coaster looks so freakin' good regardless.

I low-key forgot about this coaster over the last couple months but I am now super pumped, I definitely plan driving up from FL to ride.

Isn't there another RMC out there themed to planes...?

Hmmm let's see...plane themed trains...red and white in the color scheme...aviation stuff in the queue...odd name choice...that sounds awfully familiar...can't quite place where I've seen that before...

Oh well, it's not important! Fun Spot must have heard about that ride and thought "Hey! Why don't we do something similar, but bigger, [probably] better, and with a dumber sounding name!"

Kudos to the Atlanta park for getting some much needed attention! Kings Island better hurry up or at this rate Georgia might soon become the RMC capital of America!

• Like 1

Some GP are going to think that the coaster's name is a mis-print. On first seeing it.

I immediately thought that, on first seeing the name of it. "Not Air Force?" I said to myself.

Well, whatever it's named.... and kudos to the park for naming it after someone they appreciated.....

Hope it's a success for the park. 🎢

• Like 1

This coaster looks fantastic.  It looks like the lovechild of Zadra and Untamed.  I just can't believe it's going to Fun Spot Atlanta.  The park is going to look a whole lot different next year.

Another interesting fact about this new RMC: it's the first RMC not designed by Alan Schilke. Seems to be headed up by Joe Draves.

Didn't it come out that Joe Draves designed a large chunk of Zadra under Alan Schilke's guidance?

• Like 1