TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Atlanta Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

Then they kinda dropped off the face of the earth?

On another forum it was mentioned that they jumped the gun.

Making announcements before the rezoning was complete/approved, never mind other approvals needed to start construction.

Yeah homegirl came to this thread to see if anybody had any news about this coaster. It would kinda baffle me if they didn't get the approval needed to build this ride. Will this become yet another delayed project? Or do we think it'll open late in the summer of 2022?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LegendLover said:

It would kinda baffle me if they didn't get the approval needed to build this ride. Will this become yet another delayed project? Or do we think it'll open late in the summer of 2022?

That's what was posted over on the Park Fans site which seems to have the most active thread about the coaster.
Appears the park hasn't done this sort of thing before and jumped the gun.

Not a clue on when it might open.

4 hours ago, TEDodd said:

Hmm. Some new renders.
But nothing about progress on the approvals to continue construction.

Call me naive, but I kinda figured that this must be a sign that they got approval since they are resuming teasing after a month of nothing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LegendLover said:

Call me naive, but I kinda figured that this must be a sign that they got approval since they are resuming teasing after a month of nothing. 

After the initial mess, I wouldn't count on it.
Maybe the guy on ParkFans can find something new. He found where they finally got the rezoning approved June 24, 2021, well after they started teasing the ride.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, tuxedomask5432 said:

Wow, I just can't believe this is opening up in Georgia.  The concept art looks crazy, and a season pass would be totally worth it, just to ride this coaster.  

FYI: Fun Spot has done $76 season passes (maybe cheaper for renewals) at Thanksgiving the last couple of years.  As of last year it works at all 3.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...