TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Atlanta Discussion Thread

RMC hasn't done a traditional loop on any of their coasters.  It could just be the bottom portion of a hill too.

"It's no kiddie coaster."

Colors will be red, white, and blue. 

Seems they recently trademarked Aire Force One name. Sports teams tie in fell through, so that might be for this. 

They have broken ground in Atlanta. 

• Like 1

Show of hands: who still thinks this is gonna be the new RMC family coaster? 🖐🖐

Just kidding. I always thought it would be an extreme hybrid, but I was honestly expecting like a Storm Chaser-sized hybrid. By the size of this element, this looks to be more of a Goliath-sized hybrid. 😳😳

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jarmor said:

I highly doubt we are looking at something that will reach almost 200ft in height

But around the 150-170 foot height...  🤷‍♂️ This looks like a LARGE element. It will need a lot of speed to make it through. I don't think we are just looking at a 100-120 foot tall RMC. 

• Like 1

Haha wow! If you had told me that Atlanta would be home to two amazing RMCs I would have never believed you. I’ve actually never been to Fun Spot Atlanta. The location is on the exact opposite side of the city from me, so it seemed like a haul for one coaster. But now?  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LegendLover said:

But around the 150-170 foot height...  🤷‍♂️ This looks like a LARGE element. It will need a lot of speed to make it through. I don't think we are just looking at a 100-120 foot tall RMC. 

I am convinced we are looking at am element immediately after the first drop. . .

Courtesy of Park fan VIA screamscape

spacer.png

spacer.png

I am trying to be realistic here and realize that while not impossible, I find it not likely a company of this size will install a coaster doubled the height of it's tallest coaster in a park that still has a long way to go to catch up to the caliber of the orlando parks.  The inversion looks to be no more than 80ft at that which is still impressive.  I think we are looking at white lightning 2.0. The leg facing the highway having the lift and immelman/dive and the small airtime and maybe a large hill and most of the action happening on the leg on the inside of the park..  Again, I am not trying to hype the coaster up so much which happens all too often (especially when the layout is actually revealed) but trying to temper expectations and be realistic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jarmor said:

I am trying to be realistic here and realize that while not impossible, I find it not likely a company of this size will install a coaster doubled the height of it's tallest coaster in a park that still has a long way to go to catch up to the caliber of the orlando parks.

You know, prior to Mine Blower and White Lightning, the same could be said about either of the other Fun Spots.

• Like 3

I understand which is why I would expect something with the same caliber/size of those coasters.  I honestly had to laugh aloud at the thought of something the size of goliath at SFGAm.  But yes, I look back on Hercules and Chang and wonder. . .

I mean I'd fully expect a Zero-G stall under the lift hill. Wouldn't surprise me to see a turn around element at the loop at the back of the park similar to Twisted Cyclone. that's 4 inversions already...1

Yeah, the supports give way for a stall attached to the zadra style lift.  SO we have lift, drop, dive loop, small bunny hill, stall, some type of 90 degree angled turn hills, some off centered low ground hills towards the turn around which probably has an outer banking at its crest, an inline roll and some more hills.

Anytime you make a comment referring to an RMC creation that's negative, or even neutral, it has been deemed 'hate speech' by some coaster enthusiasts. Apologize to those you have offended, I guess.

• Like 1