TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Scandia Screamer Saved! Reopening at Traders Village in Texas!

In early 2019, Scandia Ontario closed their doors forever.  The small park had some awesome mini golf courses, a few carnival rides, and most notably the Scandia Screamer, a giant Miler coaster with some frightening airtime and aggressive turns.  The ride was sale for a few years, but it finally found a new home.

Traders Village in Grand Prarie, Texas will be opening the Prairie Screamer this fall.

Link to Traders Village

PS.PNG.c009f66d0534d56e223c8990a4614229.PNG

SCREAMING INTO TRADERS VILLAGE FALL 2021, PRAIRIE SCREAMER, a family-oriented roller coaster that will be popular with all ages!
• Drop 80 feet
• Speed 50 mph
• Duration 1:56

• 2 Trains with 10 riders per train

Until this announcement was made, I honestly had never heard of Traders Village.  But this place is less than 5 miles from Six Flags Over Texas and while it's mostly a flea market, it has a decent flat ride lineup, including a Larson drop tower.  And rides cost just $3 a piece or $14 for an unlimited wristband.  I will be sure to check this place out once the Screamer reopens because that coaster really surprised me.

• Like 8

I wonder if it received the full $950,000 that was requested?  A warm climate will be good for it as it required a full train to dispatch in cold weather.  At least at Scandia it operated that way.   It also sounds like they ordered at least one new train as Scandia just had one last barely working train when it closed.