TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Gerstlauer to build record-breaking US-based roller coaster in 2022

Keep this conversation on the potential Gerstlauer coaster please, talk about Dollywood's next coaster in the Dollywood thread.

• Like 1

I saw a couple of YouTubers giving detailed analysis of why the moon landing was faked, or insert your chosen conspiracy theory here. Must be true.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 5/15/2021 at 6:20 PM, Mike240SX said:

I saw a couple of YouTubers giving detailed analysis of why the moon landing was faked, or insert your chosen conspiracy theory here. Must be true.

#tHeWOrldIsFLaT

rite?

Youtubers are mostly full of shit and completely shoot from the hip. Nothing about the description suggests Cedar Point. They're having a hard enough time as it is this season, let alone adding some challenging new ride which they won't even have enough people to staff.

This ride will face additional challenges from the supply chain, anyway. I can't even get a new washer and dryer until August. I don't expect anything to surface anytime soon. 

Regardless, I have an announcement to make for everyone that I'm going to do something awesome and world record breaking. It will be challenging. It's such a sure thing the person I'm doing it for doesn't want to announce the achievement. Stay tuned and share my publicity link.

Edited by prozach626
  • Like 4

I dont know about you but the words 'challenging location' is giving me a hard time ruling out CGA for the new project given how challenging the park is to build a new coaster

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Looking back at this thread, where do we all think this new coaster will go? Because then this news came out, it 20/10 seemed like it was gonna go to Cedar Point or any other Cedar Fair park, but that is looking less and less true as each week goes by with no hints of construction or teasing from any Cedar Fair park, much less Cedar Point. I am starting to think that this may be what Six Flags Fiesta Texas is adding for 2022. I know it sounds crazy since.... ya know, Six Flags and Gerstlauer, but there are no other major parks in the country that are even starting construction or teasing for new major coasters. 

Are you kidding me?  Six Flags wouldn't have started construction for a 2022 ride this early. 

Cedar Fair, on the other hand, could wait until the nearly the off-season to break ground and still have it open for next year's opening day.  Orion wasn't announced until mid-August.  Cedar Fair also rarely teases new rides prior to the formal announcement.

8 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

Are you kidding me?  Six Flags wouldn't have started construction for a 2022 ride this early. 

Cedar Fair, on the other hand, could wait until the nearly the off-season to break ground and still have it open for next year's opening day.  Orion wasn't announced until mid-August.  Cedar Fair also rarely teases new rides prior to the formal announcement.

Six Flags Magic Mountain is well into construction on their 2022 RMC Raptor….

14 minutes ago, Animal said:

Six Flags Magic Mountain is well into construction on their 2022 RMC Raptor….

And jokes on you if you think it'll open in 2022.  See:  West Coast Racers.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

It took them two years to do two different RMC hybrid conversions...

They started construction on an RMC Raptor before a Six Flags park and still opened it after they did...

In all seriousness, looking at the track records for nearly every Cedar Fair coaster, they usually start construction almost a year before a given project is slated to open. 

10 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

And jokes on you if you think it'll open in 2022.  See:  West Coast Racers.

I’d be willing to bet a lot of money it opens in 2022 barring anything crazy like another COVID shutdown! WCR was an outlier…. All of their other coasters have always opened on time unless they’ve had mechanical issues (X and Superman).

I’m still sticking with my original thought of either: 

Dollywood, SDC, or Holiday World.  In rough order of somewhat likely to least likely.  

Someone mentioned Morey’s a while back. I’m agreeing with this as a fun wildcard. 

But at the end of the day.  Until a park starts showing some signs of construction or a tease campaign there’s nothing concrete to go off of. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, WolfBobs said:

I’m still sticking with my original thought of either: 

Dollywood, SDC, or Holiday World.  In rough order of somewhat likely to least likely.  

Someone mentioned Morey’s a while back. I’m agreeing with this as a fun wildcard. 

But at the end of the day.  Until a park starts showing some signs of construction or a tease campaign there’s nothing concrete to go off of. 

And of those three the only one currently known that has a construction fence up in a "challenging" location is SDC by the Pumpkin Nights/Former Waterboggan area. While it was dismissed that they were just widening a pathway, they have done other pathways without needing a construction fence in the past. It would make sense from a logistics standpoint to get the pathways and infrastructure modified in this area first before installing the attraction.

• Like 2

Like others, my initial hunch was Cedar Point. But given that it is currently mid-July and no ground has been cleared or teasing happening anywhere, I don't think it's going to any CF park. Their "typical" schedule (I use quotes because I guess nothing is typical nowadays) is break ground and sometimes even place foundations over the summer, announce in the late summer, construct throughout fall and winter, and open in the spring.

I now have a feeling this will be some random off-the-wall park, kinda like Fun Spot Atlanta's huge RMC that came out of nowhere.

18 hours ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

Like others, my initial hunch was Cedar Point. But given that it is currently mid-July and no ground has been cleared or teasing happening anywhere, I don't think it's going to any CF park. Their "typical" schedule (I use quotes because I guess nothing is typical nowadays) is break ground and sometimes even place foundations over the summer, announce in the late summer, construct throughout fall and winter, and open in the spring.

I now have a feeling this will be some random off-the-wall park, kinda like Fun Spot Atlanta's huge RMC that came out of nowhere.

Fuck it, maybe it is going up at Fun Spot Atlanta too. They will be the next Energylandia!

• Haha 1