TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fantasy Island and Empire Adventures Inc.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

*sad trombone noise*

Ed Hart would just work on it for a couple of years and then sell it to someone else.

Empire Adventures is officially disbanded https://buffalonews.com/business/local/fantasy-island-revivalists-are-big-on-plans-short-on-details/article_e576cc48-a696-11eb-b24a-97081b018dfe.html#tra

Thanks!  It seems to be far from done. I hope it reopens but if not, I hope Marineland across the river ends up relocating the Silver Comet.  It is such a great ride and would be such a great addition to their line up of rides.  

Theyre out of their minds. Reminds me of the time people with pickup trucks wanted to relocate Geauga Lake's Big Dipper. These people have zero idea how much money its going to cost just to clean up and restore whats left, much less bring back rides. Spoiler alert.... its probably in the 10's of millions. They started a GoFundMe and raised less than $3k. 🤣 All theyre doing is creating false hope with the idiot public who thinks its going to be like flipping a switch. 

I agree with that and agree that it would be stupid for Marineland to buy Silver Comet and I don't actually think that it will happen BUT Marineland is also run by insane people and nothing that they do would surprise me too much because the fact that something is an objectively terrible idea is not a deterrent to them.

1 hour ago, grsupercity said:

I would like to see Ed Hart or Gene Staples get there hands on this park 

Ed Hart would just work on it for a couple of years and then sell it to someone else.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Haymaker said:

Theyre out of their minds. Reminds me of the time people with pickup trucks wanted to relocate Geauga Lake's Big Dipper. These people have zero idea how much money its going to cost just to clean up and restore whats left, much less bring back rides. Spoiler alert.... its probably in the 10's of millions. They started a GoFundMe and raised less than $3k. 🤣 All theyre doing is creating false hope with the idiot public who thinks its going to be like flipping a switch. 

Totally agree!!  False hope.  Plus the parks and rides are deteriorating.  It's starting to look like SF New Olrleans!

1 hour ago, ricklap77 said:

Totally agree!!  False hope.  Plus the parks and rides are deteriorating.  It's starting to look like SF New Olrleans!

There are no rides except for Silver Comet and a broken Ferris Wheel. The waterslides and wave pool werent winterized so theyre likely shot too. 

Empire Adventures is officially disbanded

https://buffalonews.com/business/local/fantasy-island-revivalists-are-big-on-plans-short-on-details/article_e576cc48-a696-11eb-b24a-97081b018dfe.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

Black Bart is out. Marshall Dan is standing by. And those dreaming of a reopened Fantasy Island are still millions of dollars away from seeing it happen.

Last summer, a group of former Fantasy Island workers formed a company called Empire Adventures and announced its hopes to reopen the park, restoring a beloved Grand Island institution.

But that group, led by former Wild West shootout star Bill "Black Bart" Baldwin, seems to have disbanded. Now, former Fantasy Island maintenance worker Jay Wilcox, who stepped away from Empire Adventures, is moving forward with a Connecticut amusements operator in order to keep the dream alive.

• Sad 1