TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fantasy Island and Empire Adventures Inc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hot off the presses... Silver Comet reopened today!!!!! 😍😍😍

Curious how it is running, though I'd imagine it would be slower without full trains. it was a fantastic ride back when I was an operator on it and by the end of the day when it warmed up that last turnaround and hill were amazing.

See if you can get 119 rides in one day to beat my record, I'm guessing you probably can!

Also: maybe this thread should be renamed??

Edited by anonymouscactus

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, TheAmericanKnight said:

Any news on the progress with the shuttle loop? Like, how confident are we that it will open next year? Also, are they adding a more larger scale drop tower than the kiddie one they already got?

I can see track pieces from the highway when I drive by, so I presume its going where the old log ride was

4 hours ago, TheAmericanKnight said:

How likely is the shuttle loop to open next year tho?

More than zero and less than 101 percent.  No one knows dude.

• 5 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, JT325 said:

^Those are fun!  From Americana in Ohio I presume?

According to RCDB, yeah from the old Americana park in Ohio, by way of Kokomo's Family Fun Center in Michigan.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 7:52 PM, AmyUD06 said:

According to RCDB, yeah from the old Americana park in Ohio, by way of Kokomo's Family Fun Center in Michigan.

I remember Americana but I was so young so it's a little fuzzy, didn't it have a Western Bar that had actual sawdust? I do remember loving being at Americana though, that much I do know.

• 7 months later...

Why hasn't this thread been renamed yet?

Anyway, we took our first trip to Niagara Amusement Park on 7/1 to hop on Silver Comet. I'll keep this brief as we didn't do much. First, the open areas of the park look nice with well kept landscaping. There are lots of kids rides when you first walk in running now. The other side of the park past the Old West area where the coaster is remains sparse, but they seem to be working on it. You can't see The Serpent from inside the park except from Silver Comet as far as I could tell, but you could see it from the road and it looks fully constructed from that angle. It is next to the ferris wheel which I thought was supposed to be open but I didn't see a path too. Not that we looked hard as we were just there for the coaster.

Silver Comet is fine. It runs pretty well but those CCI twister layouts just aren't my thing. The operations were more notable than the ride itself. Swarms of kids were just overrunning the thing and crossing into any row they felt like with no awareness of whether people were in line for those rows or not. The ride ops only tried to keep minimal control so it was certainly a different sort of chaos. 

A couple other notes:

Bathrooms? As far as we could tell the only bathroom was near the entrance which is pretty awkward. I am assuming there must be another one in the still seemingly closed off area because otherwise this park requires strange backtracking just to pee. Not that it is big, but still. If there is another bathroom anywhere open right now, two different employees didn't know about it when we asked. Or maybe they want to keep it to themselves.

We ate in the Wild West area BBQ spot which brought on two different shows. First were the show of the disgruntled employees. I felt for them as an off the clock employee and the two working the little restaurant ranted back and forth about a lack of hours. We were the only ones in there and they went on and on in full rant mode. One of the employees working also kept coming out and trying to give us more food for free. Boredom? Kindness? Trying to avoid throwing out sides as they aged? I have no idea, but I can definitely say I had never experienced that before.

The second show was the planned one. Well planned by the park. We just happened to still be there eating ice cream when it started so we watched the Old West Shootout story before we left. It was fun and I am glad we did. 

That's really it. We will probably be back when or maybe if they get the Zyklon up and running and add the shuttle loop. I am glad to see investment happening in the park and I am definitely curious to see it return to full power in the future. 

• Like 1