TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

October in Germany

coastercrazy216

Having been to Germany a couple times in the past, I have been to a lot of the major parks, but only in the summer. My partner and I are planning to go to Germany in October, but I have insisted that we go to at least one park while we are there. We are going to Berlin for most of the trip, but I know that there isn't much around Berlin in terms of theme parks. Since we will be there after Oktoberfest ends, does anyone have any suggestions about which parks would be the best to visit around the second or third week of October? Due to COVID, Phantasialand seems to be the only major park showing its calendar for the year. Europa, Heide, Hansa - None of them are showing their schedules for 2021. Any advice or guidance is greatly appreciated! 

Thank you,

I wouldn't even count on being able to go this October!  Germany is not doing as well with the vaccinations as we would have hoped and it's possible they could keep restricting the parks attendance. Not to mention, the schedules I'm sure will be very changed and quite fluid.  I don't think anyone can help you until MUCH closer and we have an idea of what parks will be operating.  All of those parks are great options, but there's just no way of knowing right now what will be possible. 

Thank you for the insight! Did most of the major parks open in 2020? Do you have any recommendations for metropolitan areas just in case the parks aren't open? For example, if we were to visit a city with the intention of visiting the park, but the parks are closed, would Hamburg be better or Cologne? I think Europa is a bit remote to make alternative plans, unfortunately. 

Yes most of the parks opened but operated much less (both schedule and rides).  Cologne is beautiful, nicer than Hamburg, if you plan for Europa but it doesn't work out you can always visit Strasbourg on the French side.  Super amazing city to visit!

• 3 months later...

As a German, I want to chime in:

At the moment all parks are open. But all are short staffed, restricted capacity and you have to apply to th "3G rule". This means you have to be fully vaccinated for at least 14 days, to have recovered from COVID for at least 28 days but no longer than six month oder to be tested in the last 24 hours before entering the park.  You have to prove that with a legal document.

Some States, like Lower Saxoy, are not as strict as others. 

Numbers are rising again as I write, so there is a (small) possibility we are going into the next lockdown. The last lockdown for the amusement sector lasted from October 2020 until May/June 2021. All parks were closed.

I, personally, would only book fully refundable vacations in Germany for fall.

If parks are open, Europa-Park, Holiday-Park and Phantasialand are truly beautiful during the Halloween season and do a lot of effort with scare zones. Tripsdrill is also nicely dressed for fall. If it gets closer, you may contace me or write here for more save news.

• Like 1