TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 609: DreamWorks Destination interactive character experience announced!

Hulk has been around for so long and is at an insanely popular park, so I guess that's why it doesn't get talked about much? Even on my first trip to Universal I kind of... forgot about it a little. It's such a great ride. Nonstop action, looks amazing, goes upside down more than you'd realize, and has more than just inversions.

Glad you had a great time! Verbolten is one of my favorite coasters, so I'm going to loooove Hagrid's Motorbikes. Right there with you regarding Gringott's - it's in my list of #1 coasters and there's so much to see. I can't wait to visit now that I have actually read all the books

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We rode Velocicoaster today! Here's our thoughts on the ride....  

Official Velocicoaster POV released!  

We spent the weekend at Universal/IoA on Sat/Sun/Mon. In that time, we managed 15 rides on Velocicoaster. A handful of front and back seat rides, including a few at night (which is just epic!). 

Posted Images

really great update, Bill.

makes me want to make an effort to get to Universal in Orlando. . . hmmmm. . maybe I can convince Nick to do that for "our" vacation in 2020, since he's dragging a bit on my proposed Manhattan/Broadway trip.

Bert you should definitely consider Universal, there would be so much for Nick to do and see if he isn't feeling up to all the rides, and lots of rides that he could handle. Also, if you stay on property it would be pretty easy for him to go back to the hotel early and let you stay a bit longer at the park if he's getting tired. Now that we have been there a few times and did HHN this year we are considering it for a family Christmas trip next year since there will be stuff for Grandma and Grandpa to do there. We took Grandpa to CP last summer but he mostly walked around with his mouth hanging open I think he would ride some stuff at Universal. Interested to read about everyone's experiences during Christmas/New Years week.

I'm partial to the frozen butterbeer. I know they have a hot version right now but we didn't try that when we were down there.

Same

Warm is definitely my preference when I’m feeling the need to drink cream soda with lord knows how much extra sugar they put in to make it delicious

Here's a Butterbeer Cocktail a local place near us, conjures up...

Butterbeer

A traditional wizarding beverage that will have you speaking parseltongue in no time! | Butterscotch Schnapps, Root Beer, Liquid Ice Cream, *magic stuff*, can be made dairy-free (2 oz)

They also pull off, a pretty good Romulan Ale, too.

holiday-cocoHotTub.jpg.518063bf13f9a8be5244a68ebee809f4.jpg

The Clauses in Cocoa!....yummy?

^ Just got back from The Drive! Checked out about the Butterbeer recipe, and all that they told me, was that the "liquid ice cream" is just that. Vanilla ice cream, that's allowed to melt, in a container, in the refrigerator. Stirred from time to time, but not refrozen. And that's it! Simple, huh? I'm sure you could plus up the ice cream the way you want it. Enjoy!

holiday-ornaments.JPG.a9c4d93343e9e03ef960d75d77a3f2cd.JPG

Hagrid's has to be close to running at full capacity at this point. The wait time is (comparatively) almost reasonable. Minions, Gringotts and Transformers all have longer wait times also.

lol.jpg.fba023f8f09b83db5c176cbdf8d731e0.jpg

PS: Yes, watching the social media meltdowns about crowds this week really never gets old for me.

Edited by coasterbill
Hagrid's has to be close to running at full capacity at this point. The wait time is (comparatively) almost reasonable. Minions, Gringotts and Transformers all have longer wait times also.

[attachment=0]lol.jpg[/attachment]

PS: Yes, watching the social media meltdowns about crowds this week really never gets old for me.

The fast and the furious ride is at 130 mins lol I wonder if those people have any idea what the ride is actually like because there shouldn't be anyone who knows what the ride is that would wait that long for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Be at the park entrance gate when the park opens and you’ll be fine. If you’re there like 30 minutes earlier than opening I doubt you’ll even wait an hour (once the park opens).

Wait times seem pretty normal again. Christmas week is always ridiculous.

Late to the party...

Brit's declared it her new favorite coaster... Her favourite ride in Canada is Wonder Mountain's Guardian so this is what you're dealing with here...

Well I *was* looking forward to this ride... but I think I can wait a few years until I visit Universal again if we're putting it in the same league as WMG

I did the tram tour in Hollywood and the fact they had two different screen scenes was overkill. I will happily skip fast and furious if it's anything like the sorta counterpart in Hollywood.

Great report, though. Brings back memories, as I haven't been to Universal in quite some time. Going to make it to FL this year, though, just don't know if Universal will be in the cards just yet. We'll see. Too much awesome stuff opening soon or recently opened.

One of the regular Universal vloggers reported that it was now running 10 trains which is near capacity (apparently it can run 11?) If that is accurate and they can keep it up, should help with wait times. I'm assuming they won't add fastpass until the Jurassic Park coaster opens.

The ride has also been closing later (generally after 6pm now).

As for Express, it took them years to add it to Forbidden Journey and Gringotts so I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

One of the ride ops indicated to us that rain was an issue not heat (of course there is much more rain in Florida in the summer) They claimed rain sometimes interfered with the sensors. Now this was a ride op not a maintenance person so ......

Can someone remind me how the "holding pens" at Horror Nights work specifically if we want to do Islands during the day, and Studios/HHN during the night. If we have a day ticket at the opposite park (NOT a Hopper ticket) do they still let us into a special area at a certain time, or am I out of luck since it's the opposite park? My guess is there isn't anything for us, but I vaguely remember back in the day where was some way to do this (though it may have only been only with the 3pm stay and scream ticket which they no longer offer).

Thanks! Trying to get my plan of attack done 9 months early... lol...

If you have a day ticket for IOA then you will not be able to enter the studios for HHN until it opens for the night. I think they did offer the scream early ticket last year. I would wait to see what they come out with. Personally, I would opt for the one day 2 park ticket. Some attractions are not available at the studios during HHN and honestly, the crowds are nonexistent at the parks (during the day) when HHN happens. So, what I would do is get the 2 park ticket, do IOA at rope drop then head over to the studios around 2-3 and do the attractions they won't be open for HHN THEN haed to the stay and scream areas.

• coasterbill changed the title to Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread