TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 611: Full Halloween Horror Nights 2021 lineup revealed!

^ That's what I thought too, when I first saw it! I was actually looking for the Willy Wonka logo above the main sign.

Now, after reading about their upcoming menus etc., definitely not Willy Wonka, heh.

Some pics I took yesterday at IOA and USF.

Spring Break has arrived and with it the CROWDS. I guess I will wait til April to go back!

IMG_5813.thumb.JPG.5ee9041d8bffc17216e13681df74e712.JPG

So far so good

IMG_5814.thumb.JPG.ed66ad40e84a8ac1c8d565e6a64a8e8a.JPG

A panoramic view of what is left to do

IMG_5815.thumb.JPG.ece79c11fbd44c7e214c2d05e1364648.JPG

Those supports that everyone is freaking out over

IMG_5816.thumb.JPG.be0e8091dfe4b31487ee1059f60da1e6.JPG

Track

IMG_5817.thumb.JPG.0218d18e4cecca03636d24ff2ca7aa65.JPG

More track

IMG_5818.thumb.JPG.ee2e33f51ebe7df5a76f3a0299bed17a.JPG

Kong

IMG_5819.thumb.JPG.77c79cdf28e332f3ddefaa92cc427be2.JPG

Kong panorama from Jurassic play area

IMG_5824.thumb.JPG.190050534afc462a53b78853b07227e0.JPG

Dora was freaking out over my Rivers of Light t-shirt.

Is there any update as to possible openings of Kong and re-opening of Hulk? Both look fairly advanced.

Still "summer 2016" for both projects, but late May/early June looks plausible especially since Kong has been testing since a few weeks back.

I am heading to Universal/Islands for my first visit on March 28-30, right after Easter Sunday. I'm expecting huge crowds but just how huge are we talking? Any advice on how to tackle the rides at each park in order to assure we get on everything?

I am heading to Universal/Islands for my first visit on March 28-30, right after Easter Sunday. I'm expecting huge crowds but just how huge are we talking? Any advice on how to tackle the rides at each park in order to assure we get on everything?

If you're staying on property, you will get in an hour early. Do Diagon Alley one morning and Hogsmeade the other. If not, prepare to wait. The crowds will be crazy.

Single rider lines at Forbidden Journey, Gringotts, Mummy, Dr. Doom, Spiderman, Transformers, and Men in Black will help you get on those rides. The single rider line for Rip Ride Rockit usually moves VERY slowly.

Good luck!

The single rider line for Rip Ride Rockit usually moves VERY slowly.

Understatement of the century, right there. A geriatric crippled snail moves like lightning in comparison.

Is there any update as to possible openings of Kong and re-opening of Hulk? Both look fairly advanced.

Still "summer 2016" for both projects, but late May/early June looks plausible especially since Kong has been testing since a few weeks back.

Testing doesn't necessarily mean an opening is imminent. Depends on the process and what testing finds. I wouldn't plan anything for any specific date just yet.

Edited by Jew

Going to be tight for my trip. In week of 13-20 May I have a nervous wait for these two, Mako and Cobras Curse.

Was at the park today! The Cobra Roll is complete and the twist coming out of the tunnel was started!!! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures with me as my phone died by the time I finished up at Universal and made it over to Islands.

Btw, anyone notice something weird about the tunnel? The last green strip on the outside looks crooked and broken almost. It looks as if it they slid it back. Also, the opening out of the tunnel looks more narrow. It seems they built a smaller ring around it just before you exit the tunnel.

Kong was looking amazing! I'm sure it is going to be a huge hit with the park!

Lots of work was being done on the outside of the Jimmy Fallon building. Almost looks as if a new facade was being put up.

The ring on the end of the tunnel looks weird because they removed those green shard decorations from the end. And also the tunnel doesn't get any narrower at the end than it did before. It has always been that way. And if anyone wants to see good footage of Hulk, Mako Madness has some great shots in his newest video.

The guy from Mako Madness said that it looks as if they are getting the tunnel ready for repainting.

As for the narrow part of the tunnel, it has always been there. Hard to see from the train or the ground.

Found this by using this new thing called Google.

• coasterbill changed the title to Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread