TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 611: Bride of Frankenstein & Texas Chainsaw Massacre HHN houses announced!

Didn't someone say a few pages back that the new track is just from the cancelled UAE Hulk clone? That could be why there's no track at Clermont Steel, and also why Universal have seized the initiative and are doing such a comprehensive rehab.

If there is track from a cancelled UAE Hulk clone that would make sense and make Screamscape's rumor "true" since B&M already made the track so they could probably just have a separate outside company install it for them. That doesn't answer who is doing the launch system though since I doubt B&M had that ready to go a few years ago.

Even if it is another company who is doing this it could actually be a good thing. Something similar gave us NTAG.

I still doubt it though.

Didn't someone say a few pages back that the new track is just from the cancelled UAE Hulk clone?

Yeah but that UAE coaster is like santa claus, a lot of people have heard of it, but nobody have actually seen it.

I can't imagine that the UAE Hulk track would've been manufactured, they hardly did any work on the park before it was cancelled, so surely would've been a way off even thinking of installing any track. So to have the track already manufactured, it would've meant storing it for quite a while, which doesn't make much sense.

I would bet $1,000,000 that RMC is not working on this. That huge steel rail track is only for two across trains. Like...

So much is going on...I truly believe B&M would be the only ones to work on this...and I might be wrong...it just seems highly unlikely that another company would rebuild Hulk.

I can't see Hulk being built using Rocky Mountain's T-Rex track at all. Unless that new style of track was shown behind closed doors a while ago, we wouldn't see any parks building coasters with that style until...2017? At the absolute earliest? A park isn't just going to see "the next big thing" and immediately demolish something for it. The whole process of replacing a ride, from concept design to planning to demolition to clearing to construction / reconstruction takes more than a few years, let alone a single operating season.

The only reason why I think it could be possible is that RMC said that they have indeed proposed it to a few parks, and there was even the one concept art from Six Flags for their proposed Batman design.

Just because we have first heard of it a couple of months ago, doesn't mean that this idea could have been floating around for a while. Plus, why would Universal "reveal" to somebody that B&M was doing the refurb, then later say that on Twitter? If B&M was rebuilding the ride, what would be the big deal with revealing it? It's not like the ride is a "completely" new addition.

I still think B&M will end up being the company behind the refurb, but this definitely is a little fishy.

Plus, why would Universal "reveal" to somebody that B&M was doing the refurb, then later say that on Twitter? If B&M was rebuilding the ride, what would be the big deal with revealing it? It's not like the ride is a "completely" new addition.

I still think B&M will end up being the company behind the refurb, but this definitely is a little fishy.

It's likely just a lack of internal communication. When ThemeParkInsider (or any website/entity that is considered a media outlet by Universal) reaches out to Universal, they e-mail a member of the Public Relations department, who are authorized to give answers on behalf of the company. When you ask a question on Twitter, you're just talking to a member of the social media team, so their response is going to be a bit more limited. So I definitely wouldn't read too much into a twitter reply.

^ I think that is absolutely correct.

After what happened with Maruer on Rip Ride Rockit and then again Universal working with Vekoma on Battlestar, I cannot image they would go with anyone but B&M to re-do what is probably their #1 signature attraction. Weirder things have happened, but if I were a gambling man, I'd place my bets that the information saying it's B&M is correct.

Edited by robbalvey

But aren't they completely removing all track from the ride? At least that's what I've heard. Everything is still speculation, nobody seems sure what is really going to happen.

I thought that it was said somewhere that the track in the station and transfer areas is still okay.

It actually amazes me that so many people are making a fuss about the chance that B&M may not be involved in this project. Given the fact that still even after all the Potter crap people still always think of Hulk when you mention Universal, they are not going to half arse this project. I look forward to seeing the final result and if it brings the ride back to the awesomeness I heard it ran at years ago then I'm all for it.

Honestly I'd be perfectly happy if they just re-did the second half of the ride. Not because it got rough or anything, but because everything after the MCBR is a snooze-fest. Hulk has one of the greatest first halves I've ever ridden. It's awesome. After the MCBR, though, ugh.

Outside of Harry Potter and the Tram Tour, the Incredible Hulk is the most recognizable attraction at any Universal Park in the world. Its the flagship, it sets the tone upon arrival, an unofficial mascot if I may. More than that though this is the most cycled B&M coaster on the planet that has been beyond efficient and incredibly reliable. They have no reason to risk ruining the experience or taking a chance with any other manufacturer on one of the worlds most recognizable roller coasters. And lets face it the last couple of vendors outside of Mack and Premier have been shaky at best... Mauer, Intamin (Gringotts), and Vekoma have all required MAJOR downtimes. Something that IOA / Universal Orlando cannot deal with right now. Its B&M folks...

As for the track replacement rumors as to why and what not, I don't pretend to know the life span of a steel coaster. But what I do know is we should applaud Universal for investing the massive amount of capital into this amazing coaster. I mean they're fixing the ride experience that lets face it has become a little choppy over the last half decade. Can't go into details but the Incredible Hulk will steal Mako's thunder down the street. They're going all out on this...

• coasterbill changed the title to Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread