TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 621: 2022 Holiday offerings announced!

I just find this whole entire project very interesting. I was showing people pictures of the Hulk and they began to freak out as they thought they tore it down and was closed forever!

I have never have had a bad ride on the Hulk. I can see the need for the change though but I've probably been on this ride at least 100 times.

Love Universal and all of its projects! I can't wait until next Thursday for Halloween Horror Nights!

EastCoastn07, are you sure Intamin does it in house? I found a close-up shot of an Intamin LSM in my folders, if that helps solving the mystery.

Intamin uses Indrivetec.

http://www.indrivetec.ch

That looks to be a subsidiary of Intamin AG, which would classify Intamin's LSMs/LIMs as "in-house". Unless it isn't a subsidiary, in which case, ignore my comment!

So this harebrained trip is actually happening! We are leaving Friday night though and staying over in SC, before finishing the trip in the morning. So now we have the two days at the park, which is better. That said, does anyone have a recommended game plan? I remember years ago being like "I would never go to HHN, 2 scary 5 me." And now I am! I pretty hype; last minute trips are always fun.

But game plan recommendations and recommendations for things to do on Monday would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Will you be spending two full days with park to park tickets?

Personally, I enjoy Islands of Adventure more than Universal but now that the Hulk is down I'll probably go to Universal more. Each park has great rides and experiences that are worthy of checking out. Lines shouldn't be too bad at this time of the year. Just get to the park early in the morning, and then tackle as many rides as you can before the crowd starts picking up.

Despicable Me always has a long line. Even at park opening due to the early entry from hotel guests.

We're actually just doing the rush of fear pass for Saturday and Sunday. Both of us have been fairly recently actually, having never been to HHN we don't know if there's an order to do mazes in or what. For example, the website says get there by 5. Is that really necessary?

EastCoastn07, are you sure Intamin does it in house? I found a close-up shot of an Intamin LSM in my folders, if that helps solving the mystery.

Intamin uses Indrivetec.

http://www.indrivetec.ch

That looks to be a subsidiary of Intamin AG, which would classify Intamin's LSMs/LIMs as "in-house". Unless it isn't a subsidiary, in which case, ignore my comment!

Looked at the intamin site to see if there was any mention, I had no idea Intamin had an office in Korea not too far from Gangnam (from the song Gangnam Style). I must have walked past the building 20 times and had no idea Intamin had an office there. It's really close to Lotte World, which makes sense considering the number of intamin rides they own

Edited by Garet

Most companies don't build their LIM/LSMs in house, Intamin included (at least they didn't provide the LIMs on their impulse coasters, I know that for sure). I think the biggest difference is that some manufacturers program their own rides with provided LIM/LSMs and some do not. B&M for example designs the ride structure to specifications for a launched coaster but the ride programming is done by outside contractors (from what I've been told, but don't look at me as an expert on this and I could be full of s#!t). Intamin designs the structure and programs their rides (at least I know they did for the impulses).

In regards to Hulk, when i rode in 2012 I found it to have a significant rattle to it (maybe i caught it on a bad day?). But overall the ride experience was awesome. I'm really excited to see what the result is with the new track and trains. I wonder if Universal will opt for on-board audio this go around?

I'm curious, are they replacing any support structure, or does it appear to only be track?

Lastly, can we please all agree this is NOT a new credit? It seems like whenever Disney does this, everyone tries to claim it as a new credit.

Lastly, can we please all agree this is NOT a new credit? It seems like whenever Disney does this, everyone tries to claim it as a new credit.

That's up to the individual; personally, I wouldn't.

I just make a mental note of anyone who would claim it as a new credit and add them to my list of people I don't want to hang out with. I find it far more entertaining to quietly judge people and use it as a weeding out process.

Edited by robbalvey

I just make a mental note of anyone who would claim it as a new credit and add them to my list of people I don't want to hang out with. I find it far more entertaining to quietly judge people and use it as a weeding out process.

This is among the smartest things ever posted on the internet.

dt

I will give you another for this!

QFT.

We're actually just doing the rush of fear pass for Saturday and Sunday. Both of us have been fairly recently actually, having never been to HHN we don't know if there's an order to do mazes in or what. For example, the website says get there by 5. Is that really necessary?

Will you have the Express Pass? That is personally the only way I do HHN and we just go for one night. I will usually get to the entrance at 5:30 and go where the line is the shortest. But be prepared for lots of people to show up to get in front of you. If you want to be the first ones in for the event then you can go at 5. I usually arrive at 5:30 and wait probably 2 minutes or less to get in the park. I also usually use the left side of the gates as many people don't make their way over there.

Before when I didn't use Express, I wouldn't go on any of the rides as I wouldn't be able to see all of the houses in the night.

The IP houses will be the most crowded as well as the 25th anniversary house. I would try to tackle those as fast as you can. Also, the last like hour of the event there is like no one in the park for the event (or at least to the ones I've been to). There you can go through many houses and almost go through by yourself! It's a lot scarier that way too!

I hope your trip goes well!

TPR profiling.

Obviously the coaster will count as thirty-two new credits, duh!

Obviously the coaster will count as thirty-two new credits, duh!

I dread to think how many credits those people count Battlestar as due to "new experiences": human with lap bar, human with vest restraints, human with 2 across train, cylon, cylon with 2 across seating

Will you have the Express Pass? That is personally the only way I do HHN and we just go for one night. I will usually get to the entrance at 5:30 and go where the line is the shortest. But be prepared for lots of people to show up to get in front of you. If you want to be the first ones in for the event then you can go at 5. I usually arrive at 5:30 and wait probably 2 minutes or less to get in the park. I also usually use the left side of the gates as many people don't make their way over there.

Before when I didn't use Express, I wouldn't go on any of the rides as I wouldn't be able to see all of the houses in the night.

The IP houses will be the most crowded as well as the 25th anniversary house. I would try to tackle those as fast as you can. Also, the last like hour of the event there is like no one in the park for the event (or at least to the ones I've been to). There you can go through many houses and almost go through by yourself! It's a lot scarier that way too!

I hope your trip goes well!

So I've been 3 nights now to HHN.

Number one piece of advice i can give: ARRIVE EARLY. The first hour is 25% as crowded as 9PM-10PM. If you have Rush of Fear as your highest priority access to the park, then you will be able to enter the front gate between 6 and 6:15 when they open (go to the far left or far right and just get to the front). Whatever your path into the park, you should be able to do 5 or 6 houses by 8pm.

Freddy V Jason, 25 Years, and Insidious are the priority houses this year. If you can do any of these with less than a 20 minute wait, go for it. They will hit 1.5 hours later in the night.

American Werewolf and RUN are the Non-Priority houses. Both of them will be under 20 minutes or walk in for the first hour of the event and very likely the last hour, and neither should reach more than 45 minutes really at any point

Walking Dead, Body Collectors, and Asylum in Wonderland are the Variable houses. Definitely short at the very beginning, Higher wait times between 7:45 and Midnight, but at any given time of the night could be short or long depending on crowd flow. The latter two will be short at the end of the night.

The Purge will be very very dead in the last hour but peak in the middle of the night. Also, be aware it's entrance is in Kidzone/Walking Dead and it's exit is by Men In Black/Insidious.

I've done two nights without express access and hit each house by ten pm, but it does take some waiting and you have to keep moving. But you have two nights, and houses are like 99 percent uptime so don't worry about doing everything in one night. I would recommend, don't eat or stop much before 8 PM, just do houses or the two rides that get longer lines later (Rockit, Gringott's, other rides should be 10 minutes or less throughout). Also, Universal does an ehhhh job of updating their wait times. Often they are far too optimistic, sometimes the other way (in case you plan around set times, like shows).

Comfort Tips: It's Florida, check the weather before you go. Might rain, might be HOT, who knows. Carnival Jack show is standing room-only, so tired feet beware. Bill and Ted DOES fill up 10 minutes before the show, they might shoo you away for showings in the middle of the night and I wouldn't cut it closer than 10 minutes, sometimes up to 15-20!. And Best food in-park is in Diagon Alley or Simpsons Area, restaurants close at 10pm though.

• coasterbill changed the title to Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread