TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

NEW NBC Sports Grill & Brew coming to Universal CityWalk!!!

Opening this Fall

http://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/nbc-sports-grill-brew-announcement/

Last year was an incredible time for Universal CityWalk, with eight new venues joining the impressive dining line-up—and we’re not done yet! I’m happy to announce the newest MVP coming to CityWalk: the first-ever NBC Sports Grill & Brew, opening this fall.

This new restaurant represents our vision of delivering the ultimate sports dining experience. It’s like crossing your favorite sports restaurant with stadium VIP suites. Fans of all types will be able to enjoy the very best food alongside award-winning NBC Sports coverage. And with nearly 100 HD TV screens throughout the restaurant, every seat is the best seat in the house.

The food will be a one-of-kind experience that can be found at no other sports grill. You’ll be able to choose from an extensive menu of more than 75 different items. Pick from traditional favorites like burgers and steaks to custom creations like crab scotch eggs. And to top it off, you can watch the chefs in action as they prepare your meal in an open kitchen and on custom open fire grills.

And, of course, no sports game is complete without the perfect beer. You’ll be able to select from over 100 different beer varieties—including an exclusive draft you’ll only find here. There will even be a outdoor beer garden where you can relax after a day in the theme parks, enjoy a good meal and brew, and catch a game.

Check out the video below, where NBC Sports anchors Liam McHugh, Mike Milbury and Keith Jones chatted a bit about the new restaurant.

Then tell us in the comments which game you’d most like to watch at NBC Sports Grill & Brew when it opens.

Looks like their version of a YardHouse. I certainly won't complain about 100 beers being on tap at Citywalk!

Or their version of ESPN Zone/Club.

I'd sooner go to this than NASCAR Cafe so I guess that's a win!

Has anybody actually gone inside the NASCAR Cafe? It's not surprising it's one of the last remaining themed restaurants given the popularity of NASCAR in the South, but the exterior seems very dated.

NEW NBC Sports Grill & Brew coming to Universal CityWalk!!!

Opening this Fall

So this is replacing the NASCAR Cafe? Any connection to Disney doing a deal for an NBA "experience & Restaurant"? As in, is NBA City also on the chopping block?

I am predicting that Universal using "NBC Sports" as a license is.... cheaper than NASCAR + NBA. Just guessing though

Edited by better_by_design

Has anybody actually gone inside the NASCAR Cafe? It's not surprising it's one of the last remaining themed restaurants given the popularity of NASCAR in the South, but the exterior seems very dated.

I've gone inside it. The inside looks just as dated as the outside. The gift shop was more NFL merch than any other sport.

Looks like their version of a YardHouse. I certainly won't complain about 100 beers being on tap at Citywalk!

Or their version of ESPN Zone/Club.

I'd sooner go to this than NASCAR Cafe so I guess that's a win!

My thoughts exactly.

Love that HHN house announcements has already started.

Freddy Vs Jason should be a pretty awesome and very popular house. Will allow for good scares, humor and of course gore. I wonder what other Easter eggs may show up in there. Perhaps a tease to the whole Freddy Vs Jason Vs Ash that was supposed to happen by having Ash's iconic chainsaw something in the house.

Here's the "official" Jason vs. Freddy announcement from the Universal blog.

FREDDY AND JASON SLASH AND CLAW THEIR WAY INTO HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 25

Charles Gray

Freddy’s coming to get you, and he’s adding a machete-wielding killer to the nightmare – it’s Freddy versus Jason at Halloween Horror Nights 25.

Taking elements from the 2003 slasher/thriller film, Freddy vs. Jason, the Entertainment Art and Design team at Universal Orlando Resort will drop guests into the middle of this epic battle.

In 2007, both of these iconic horror denizens stalked their own houses at Halloween Horror Nights 17. This year, we’re placing them in the same house, knowing they won’t play nice. The body count will rise as each tries to claim the title of best serial killer.

Fans of the franchises have always argued which big baddie would win in a fight. The 2003 movie gave the fans a taste of this battle royal. At this year’s event, both Jason and Freddy will attack the guests from all sides, as the two villains try to tear each other apart.

The winding path will take the guests/victims through recognizable locations from each character’s world. Freddy and Jason will each get their due, but we must remind you…. this is Freddy versus Jason.

Will Jason and Freddy attack the guests? Absolutely. But they’ll also be stabbing, slashing and ripping each other apart. From Camp Crystal Lake to 1428 Elm Street, there will be many surprises capturing famous film moments.

This house holds something for everyone. The casual fan will be immersed in the environments and the scares. The uber fan will have the opportunity to scout out the multitude of Easter eggs hidden through out the house.

But in the end, there can be only one winner…

I wasn't planning on going to HHN this year (last year was SOO crowded on a weeknight and the houses just did not seem worth dropping the mountain of cash for our family to get fast passes/quick queue/whatever. The announcement of this house, however, is making me re-think this

I saw it, I just didn't think it looked as impressive as the dinosaur walk around stuff they do at the Asian Universal Parks. I'm hoping he's a prototype and we'll get some better Jurassic stuff soon.

I seriously hope they have a new **attraction** in the pipeline after the success of jurassic world. This seems more like "we need synergy since the movie is on the heels of being released".

What success are you speaking of? The movie hasn't even released yet. Now, if the movie comes out and it makes 2 billion dollars, I'd put my money on them developing some sort of new attraction to follow the film and any others in the future.

Oh look. The movie did amazing as I said! And universal is capitalizing on this by putting in the greatest dinosaur ride ever in 2016...IN JAPAN!!!!

And Florida gets a family Kong ride. We better get something super amazing in 2017!!!

Just this morning I was thinking what a shame it is that Orlando is opening a King Kong attraction the same year that the Jurassic Park reboot mad $500 MILLION dollars on openign weekend! Kong should be a fun addition but it looks like that thing takes up most of the un-used land in the existing Jurassic Park section of IOA so they're gonna have t oget creative with a new atraction in that area.

Is the Discovery Center even used for anything anymore? I haven't been to IOA for a while but seems like everytime I went in there that place was dead. Maybe it's time to recycle that space (and the old triceratops encounter buildings) for something new.

In the short term, I think Jurassic World could make a great HHN maze. USH did a great job with the puppets at AVP last year, so something similar with giant puppets could work well.

Speaking of HHN: I don't know if it's big enough of a brand to get its own maze, but what about Five Nights at Freddy's (the video game)? UO would be the only group I think could actually do a good job with it. They have the budget to build animatronics and other needed props for it. Even if the game may not be the best horror game out there, it sure does have a huge Internet following.

We can stop pretending now that Wet N' Wild is gonna live.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153370563004089

After almost 40 years, Wet ‘n Wild Orlando will be permanently closing on December 31, 2016. Check out the Universal Orlando Resort blog for a thank you to our fans for all of the countless memories. http://bit.ly/1N2kqj4

http://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/wet-n-wild-orlando-closing/

Since it’s opening in 1977, Wet ‘n Wild Orlando has been a place where guests have created wonderful memories. As America’s first water park, Wet ‘n Wild has been the birthplace of numerous innovations that are now considered a common part of the water park experience.

Today, we are announcing that the park will close permanently on December 31, 2016. However, the groundbreaking spirit that has defined Wet ‘n Wild will continue in the development of Universal’s Volcano Bay, a next-generation water theme park that reimagines what it means to be a water park.

We’re grateful to our countless fans and team members for making Wet ‘n Wild such a special place for so very long. Share your favorite Wet ‘n Wild memories with us in the comments below, then click here to sign up for the latest information on Universal’s Volcano Bay and other Universal Orlando content.

image.jpg.d8c32b9e9424bc0396b17782d61146fa.jpg

I would have to imagine that a good amount of slides from Wet N Wild will be coming to Volcano Bay. Especially the newer ProSlide stuff they've put in over the last ten years. I mean, if the park is closing Dec 31st, 2016 and the Volcano Bay isn't opening until 2017, that just seems to make a lot of sense to me to bring those slides over.

Should be interesting to see how this all pans out. I have to be honest, though, I won't miss Wet N Wild. We still haven't even gone there once since we moved to Orlando.