TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 611: Full Halloween Horror Nights 2021 lineup revealed!

Thanks Guy and Jynx!

I'll certainly be keeping in touch throughout the next year on here; it's great to know where I can go for some advice.

It didn't even cross my mind that I might be able to meet up with some of you guys, but that is a possibility that I wouldn't turn down - I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

Universal Orlando has sent us a press release about the return of Hot Butterbeer!

HOT BUTTERBEER COMES TO UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT

Guests have tried it cold, frozen – and even as an ice-cream flavor. Beginning today, November 21, 2014, Universal Orlando Resort will now offer hot Butterbeer at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. To celebrate this new addition, some of the first guests at Leaky Cauldron in Diagon Alley and Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade were surprised with complimentary cups of the new drink.

Hot Butterbeer is a smooth, hot beverage reminiscent of shortbread and butterscotch served year-round with a whipped topping. In The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley, it will be served at Leaky Cauldron, The Hopping Pot, and The Fountain of Fair Fortune. In The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade, it will be available at Three Broomsticks and Hog’s Head Pub.

Since the opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade in June 2010, millions of Butterbeers have been sold each year at Universal Orlando. It has quickly become a guest favorite and appears as a popular drink in the Harry Potter books and films.

image.thumb.jpg.dd0f6ab478db0dabc1ef3816069e832b.jpg

Is the general consensus that Rip Ride Rockit that it's not a good coaster? I made my first visit to the resort yesterday and it ended up being my favorite coaster attraction on the entire property though a lot of my friends were kind of indifferent toward it.

Is the general consensus that Rip Ride Rockit that it's not a good coaster? I made my first visit to the resort yesterday and it ended up being my favorite coaster attraction on the entire property though a lot of my friends were kind of indifferent toward it.

I rode it this past July in the back row, and god was that a bumpy ride. It wasn't terrible, and it was still fun, but it was bumpy as hell. I also found the restraints to be uncomfortable, but perhaps that was just due to the roughness. Ugh.

Rip Ride Rockit is no longer a bumpy coaster, unless you get assigned the back row in certain vehicles...which is to be avoided.

So a disallowed website had possibly the best news that many could have hoped for today...SHARKNADO: THE MUSICAL is appearing in guest surveys as a potential new show. Can't link to it though.

^Honestly, that's a terrible idea. The majority of theme park guests won't be able to figure out the whole point of the show is to be terrible and will actually think it is terrible.

Its not a serious idea. Sharknado was listed as a possible show in a survey sent out to passholders asking them which show idea they liked best. The original poster HAPPENED to get Sharknado as an option, but the surveys are different. Some surveys don't even have Sharknado listed. It's an outlier.

"A way out here, they got a name for wind and rain and fire. The rain is Tess, the fire Joe, and they call the wind Sharknado . . ."

Yes, this is why I don't write musicals for Broadway.

If it's in a survey...it's NOT an outlier. Likely to really be a show? Probably not. But I am sure the marketing department had a reason to include it.

Well, it kind of is if it's not in 100% of the surveys. Each survey had a few "joke" options so that if the people filling out the survey didn't care for the shows that Universal really was considering, then those shows wouldn't get a vote, rather than get a vote that means "ah what the hell it's the best of a bad situation". I dont know if that makes sense....but essentially an option like "Sharknado" is there just so people who actually want a Sharknado show (God bless em) don't end up falsely upping the votes for a serious contender.

If it's in a survey...it's NOT an outlier. Likely to really be a show? Probably not. But I am sure the marketing department had a reason to include it.

Well, it kind of is if it's not in 100% of the surveys. Each survey had a few "joke" options so that if the people filling out the survey didn't care for the shows that Universal really was considering, then those shows wouldn't get a vote, rather than get a vote that means "ah what the hell it's the best of a bad situation". I dont know if that makes sense....but essentially an option like "Sharknado" is there just so people who actually want a Sharknado show (God bless em) don't end up falsely upping the votes for a serious contender.

They could haven chosen anything to be the "joke," yet chose Sharknado. Perhaps it only showed up on certain surveys because they wanted to see how a certain demographic would react to Sharknado?

I'm not saying it will be a show...but I suspect the survey is there to gauge interest for SOMETHING sharknado related. Could be a simple as seeing if merchandise would sell well in the park, a potential photo op, maybe even something for HHN.

• coasterbill changed the title to Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread