TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 611: Full Halloween Horror Nights 2021 lineup revealed!

Universal made the Back To The Future films.

Back To The Future: Part 2 had Jaws 19 as a hologram.

Universal Orlando has hologram technology (Disaster).

There is only one thing Twister should be re-themed to: Sharknado

There is only one thing Twister should be re-themed to: Sharknado

The real WDW killer.

If universal were to do this, disney staff would immediatly have all money in their pockets fly out and land in universal staff's pockets, and the disney headquarters would soon collapse, along with all their parks, as slowly, the multimillion dollar corporation went bankrupt from the sheer power of the sharknado.

You cannot tell me that turning Twister into Sharknado would not create Pottertown-sized crowds. Especially if they give Bill Paxton a part in Sharknado 3.

I have no idea why they're not hiring me and Elissa as a consultants for this. They're sitting on a goldmine.

dt

Universal held the theme park rights for Star Trek at one point. It was an attraction at USH. *IF* that's the route they wanted to go, I don't think it would be "huge money." Having a theme park attraction is advertising no amount of money can buy, so it would be equally beneficial for Paramount to allow Universal to build a Star Trek attraction for a smaller fee (actors/producer residuals) just to get the exposure.

Universal held the theme park rights for Star Trek at one point. It was an attraction at USH. *IF* that's the route they wanted to go, I don't think it would be "huge money." Having a theme park attraction is advertising no amount of money can buy, so it would be equally beneficial for Paramount to allow Universal to build a Star Trek attraction for a smaller fee (actors/producer residuals) just to get the exposure.

Not really...Universal sees a huge benefit in increased crowds, but Star Trek currently has nothing to advertise. Not to mention a theme park attraction and a movie have to attract different crowds to be considered successful; Universal would need to bring in families on vacation, a PG-13 studio movie needs to attract the 18-24 demographic in every place possible (not just people wealthy enough to take major vacations).

The true benefit studios see in licensing their film properties is royalties from merchandise I would think...but is Star Trek really a merchandise machine? A Star Trek attraction would benefit Universal a heck of a lot more than Paramount if you ask me, and Im guessing the amount of money Universal would have to pay for it (to make sure Paramount feels like theyre getting a deal) would offset any benefit Universal would gain from such an expansion. I could be wrong, but I dont see Star Trek happening anytime soon, unless some big revival happens that exceeds the hype its been receiving from the Abrams films.

For some reason I just noticed this, but the official name of the Walking Dead house for this year's HHN is "Walking Dead: End of the Line". Now this could mean nothing, but for some reason my mind automatically assumed this tagline meant the end of the Walking Dead houses. If you look at each house so far as a chapter in an overarching story (which is essentially what a TV series is, and therefore what a string of houses based on a TV series would be), then this third house titled "The End of the Line" would make for the perfect 'conclusion', if you will. Maybe Im oveethinking it, but the subtitle has to have some significance, and I think this may just be it.

^The contract for usage of The Walking Dead franchise was for three years, and this is the third year they are featuring that franchise. Next year there will be no Walking Dead.

I've heard rumors that it's actually in a soundstage and not back at the parade float building, but I don't know if that's true. If it's in the same spot as last year's Cabin in the Woods, we could see some record queue lengths for that one.

For some reason I just noticed this, but the official name of the Walking Dead house for this year's HHN is "Walking Dead: End of the Line". Now this could mean nothing, but for some reason my mind automatically assumed this tagline meant the end of the Walking Dead houses. If you look at each house so far as a chapter in an overarching story (which is essentially what a TV series is, and therefore what a string of houses based on a TV series would be), then this third house titled "The End of the Line" would make for the perfect 'conclusion', if you will. Maybe Im oveethinking it, but the subtitle has to have some significance, and I think this may just be it.

I'm assuming you don't watch the show, but "The End of the Line" is referring to the show's characters following railroad tracks to Terminus (so called safe haven for survivors) aka the end of the line. This is where the season ended and where season 5 will begin so you're probably overthinking it. Although I could see this being the last Walking Dead house regardless but who knows how long HHN will keep it going if it remains a huge hit on tv and at the parks this October.

^It definitely is in a soundstage although I'm not sure which one, it is going to be the largest maze in HHN history though.

^The contract for usage of The Walking Dead franchise was for three years, and this is the third year they are featuring that franchise. Next year there will be no Walking Dead.

I've heard rumors that it's actually in a soundstage and not back at the parade float building, but I don't know if that's true. If it's in the same spot as last year's Cabin in the Woods, we could see some record queue lengths for that one.

Huh, didnt know about the contract. Im glad its done.

But yes, it will be in a soundstage...its the largest maze in the events history.

So I rode Escape From Gringotts today for the first time.

I was really blown away by the technology of it all. It is absolutely the most advanced, technological dark ride with a bit of roller coaster stuff mixed in I've ever been on. That being said, I couldn't understand anything that was happening (story, plot, dialogue) so that kind of made me feel very disconnected with it. I prefer Mummy, Indiana Jones, and of course Journey to the Center of the Earth. But it certainly takes the Spiderman, Harry Potter, and Transformers dark rides to a new level and I hope to see more of these systems built. I'm thinking a Sharknado version of this ride would be amazing.

Lots of Benefits for Annual Passholders this month!

https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Park-Tickets/Annual-Passes/Benefits.aspx?__source=A000019516.000000653&IndivKey=38877098#wnw

SEPTEMBER IS ANNUAL PASSHOLDER APPRECIATION MONTH

We’ve dedicated the entire month of September to our Annual Passholders. Take a look at all the exclusive perks and benefits that are available to you. Kick off the fall with super savings and extra fun!

Early Park Admission for Passholders

Monday-Friday, September 1-30, 2014

We are giving our Annual Passholders Early Park Admission* to experience The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ - Diagon Alley™, one hour before the theme park opens weekdays throughout September. Valid Annual Pass required for entry only at Universal Studios.

"Staycation" and stay On-site with Special Savings

Stay at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort

Starting at just $69 +tax

Stay at our newest, largest on-site hotel with Passholder-only special rates that offer savings of up to $85 per night.

Other special rates available, plus unique benefits for on-site hotel guests.

Get Wet ‘n Wild® this Month for Less

Free Admission to Wet ‘n Wild®

September 2

Passholders receive free admission to Wet ’n Wild beginning at noon until the park closes.

(regularly $56 +tax per adult, $51 +tax per child)

Wet ‘n Wild September weekday offer

Passholders can enjoy Wet ‘n Wild on weekdays from Wednesday, September 3 through Friday, September 26 AND on Sunday, September 14 for just $19.99+ tax per day.

Blue Man Group Savings on Select Dates

Blue Man Group Adult Tickets

Starting at $49 +tax

Experience the mystery, the humor, the euphoria and the indescribable celebration of art, technology and music that is Blue Man Group with savings on select dates.

$49 +tax ($26 savings): Adults

$29 +tax ($8.50 savings): Children (Ages 3-9)

Valid on the following Sunday shows at 4:00PM:

September 7, 14, 21, 28

Halloween Horror Nights® 24 Annual Passholder Nights

September 19, 20, 26 & 27

5:15PM - 6:30PM

On select nights you and a guest can enjoy early access to Halloween Horror Nights plus exclusive access to three designated haunted houses as well as the first showing of Bill & Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure.

RSVP Now

Enjoy Perks at CityWalk® from Day to Night

Get a FREE CityWalk® PartyPassSM

Make it a night out with complimentary CityWalk club access* for one Passholder and a guest throughout September. Passholder must be with their guest for club access. ($11.99 value, per person)

Save $3.75 on Matinee Movie Tickets at CityWalk

AMC® Universal Cineplex 20 with IMAX® is offering Passholders great September deals that can be used for the whole family, up to 5 tickets at a time. Offer must be redeemed at the ticket window.

$8 Matinee

$12 Matinee with RealD 3D

$14 Matinee with IMAX 3D

Bob Marley; a Tribute to FreedomSM and Pat O’Brien’s® Discounts

Buy one adult entrée and get 50% off a second at both locations throughout September.

Buy One Get One Free Martinis at Red Coconut Club

Buy one martini and get a second free at Red Coconut Club throughout September.

25% off Dippin Dots

Receive 25% off your purchase at Dippin Dots carts at CityWalk locations only.

TRANSFORMERS Souvenir Cup Deal

Save $6 on TRANSFORMERS Souvenir Cups

Purchase a TRANSFORMERS souvenir cup for $2.99 and get $0.99 refills. The cups will be available at Louie’s Italian Restaurant, Monsters Cafe, Mel’s Drive-in and Richter’s Burger Company.

American Express Offer

Earn up to $125 Back with the Blue Cash Everyday® Card

Get a $25 statement credit after your first purchase, and get an additional $100 statement credit after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card, both within your first 3 months of Card Membership.

• coasterbill changed the title to Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread