TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

^The contract for usage of The Walking Dead franchise was for three years, and this is the third year they are featuring that franchise. Next year there will be no Walking Dead.

I've heard rumors that it's actually in a soundstage and not back at the parade float building, but I don't know if that's true. If it's in the same spot as last year's Cabin in the Woods, we could see some record queue lengths for that one.

Huh, didnt know about the contract. Im glad its done.

But yes, it will be in a soundstage...its the largest maze in the events history.

So I rode Escape From Gringotts today for the first time.

I was really blown away by the technology of it all. It is absolutely the most advanced, technological dark ride with a bit of roller coaster stuff mixed in I've ever been on. That being said, I couldn't understand anything that was happening (story, plot, dialogue) so that kind of made me feel very disconnected with it. I prefer Mummy, Indiana Jones, and of course Journey to the Center of the Earth. But it certainly takes the Spiderman, Harry Potter, and Transformers dark rides to a new level and I hope to see more of these systems built. I'm thinking a Sharknado version of this ride would be amazing.

Lots of Benefits for Annual Passholders this month!

https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Park-Tickets/Annual-Passes/Benefits.aspx?__source=A000019516.000000653&IndivKey=38877098#wnw

SEPTEMBER IS ANNUAL PASSHOLDER APPRECIATION MONTH

We’ve dedicated the entire month of September to our Annual Passholders. Take a look at all the exclusive perks and benefits that are available to you. Kick off the fall with super savings and extra fun!

Early Park Admission for Passholders

Monday-Friday, September 1-30, 2014

We are giving our Annual Passholders Early Park Admission* to experience The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ - Diagon Alley™, one hour before the theme park opens weekdays throughout September. Valid Annual Pass required for entry only at Universal Studios.

"Staycation" and stay On-site with Special Savings

Stay at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort

Starting at just $69 +tax

Stay at our newest, largest on-site hotel with Passholder-only special rates that offer savings of up to $85 per night.

Other special rates available, plus unique benefits for on-site hotel guests.

Get Wet ‘n Wild® this Month for Less

Free Admission to Wet ‘n Wild®

September 2

Passholders receive free admission to Wet ’n Wild beginning at noon until the park closes.

(regularly $56 +tax per adult, $51 +tax per child)

Wet ‘n Wild September weekday offer

Passholders can enjoy Wet ‘n Wild on weekdays from Wednesday, September 3 through Friday, September 26 AND on Sunday, September 14 for just $19.99+ tax per day.

Blue Man Group Savings on Select Dates

Blue Man Group Adult Tickets

Starting at $49 +tax

Experience the mystery, the humor, the euphoria and the indescribable celebration of art, technology and music that is Blue Man Group with savings on select dates.

$49 +tax ($26 savings): Adults

$29 +tax ($8.50 savings): Children (Ages 3-9)

Valid on the following Sunday shows at 4:00PM:

September 7, 14, 21, 28

Halloween Horror Nights® 24 Annual Passholder Nights

September 19, 20, 26 & 27

5:15PM - 6:30PM

On select nights you and a guest can enjoy early access to Halloween Horror Nights plus exclusive access to three designated haunted houses as well as the first showing of Bill & Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure.

RSVP Now

Enjoy Perks at CityWalk® from Day to Night

Get a FREE CityWalk® PartyPassSM

Make it a night out with complimentary CityWalk club access* for one Passholder and a guest throughout September. Passholder must be with their guest for club access. ($11.99 value, per person)

Save $3.75 on Matinee Movie Tickets at CityWalk

AMC® Universal Cineplex 20 with IMAX® is offering Passholders great September deals that can be used for the whole family, up to 5 tickets at a time. Offer must be redeemed at the ticket window.

$8 Matinee

$12 Matinee with RealD 3D

$14 Matinee with IMAX 3D

Bob Marley; a Tribute to FreedomSM and Pat O’Brien’s® Discounts

Buy one adult entrée and get 50% off a second at both locations throughout September.

Buy One Get One Free Martinis at Red Coconut Club

Buy one martini and get a second free at Red Coconut Club throughout September.

25% off Dippin Dots

Receive 25% off your purchase at Dippin Dots carts at CityWalk locations only.

TRANSFORMERS Souvenir Cup Deal

Save $6 on TRANSFORMERS Souvenir Cups

Purchase a TRANSFORMERS souvenir cup for $2.99 and get $0.99 refills. The cups will be available at Louie’s Italian Restaurant, Monsters Cafe, Mel’s Drive-in and Richter’s Burger Company.

American Express Offer

Earn up to $125 Back with the Blue Cash Everyday® Card

Get a $25 statement credit after your first purchase, and get an additional $100 statement credit after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card, both within your first 3 months of Card Membership.

Last night Theme Park Review was invited to a media preview for Halloween Horror Nights 24, including a great overview of this year's event, a look at new costumes and decor and a full experience of the event's Halloween maze. Building on the success of past years, Halloween Horror Nights 24 will feature five IP-based houses, three original concept houses and four scare zones--two original concepts and two intellectual properties used as a base for these. There was no word given yet on if the Legendary Truth interactive game will return for the event. Thanks to the promotional tie-ins between Face Off and Halloween Horror Nights this year including a new scare zone, two former contestants from the show were present for the media preview.

The night's event concluded with a full experience of Halloween, a live re-telling of Michael Myers' original assault on the town of Haddonfield, Illinois. Living up to previous years' houses, there are plenty of scares in this true-to-film recreation of John Carpenter's essential horror flick. There's even some hidden tributes to the franchises' lore, including a quick commercial for Silver Shamrock masks, the catalyst for some messed up happenings in Halloween III: Season of the Witch!

001.thumb.jpg.c1614e8b7993a999ee6e5df152a79189.jpg

And we're back for another look into this year's latest horrors at Halloween Horror Nights 24!

002.thumb.JPG.13a6917f51580c90a32283eedcda4326.JPG

Always fun to see this marquee for us!

003.thumb.JPG.9b84308723dc302f99c2bfddcd93fea9.JPG

It wouldn't be Halloween Horror Nights without Michael Aiello on stage to share exciting details about the event!

004.thumb.JPG.20c097f6f8f94f4ba9a8db6d409aa9a1.JPG

Halloween Horror Nights turns out to be Michael Aiello's favorite time of year--go figure!

005.thumb.JPG.1a3cc55c6acbd46a10e2c069c6ddabdf.JPG

Universal created a great lineup of displays showing off the year's houses and scare zones.

006.thumb.JPG.23313658a8261ee713f70c5d050a4ee4.JPG

Dollhouse of the Damned looks like it'll be especially creepy!

007.thumb.JPG.1ee8499bfc5553705120aa1d0e22be97.JPG

Maskerade Unstitched will be one of four new scare zones found during the event.

008.thumb.JPG.b346b66ad3fa9f4acf26f21af8bb127a.JPG

Hello!

009.thumb.JPG.121da964a32111f2fc72a1df65c90f3b.JPG

They had to censor the bar's full name, but fans of the films or show will know what this is meant to be called.

010.thumb.JPG.96c9afb21c12ab80a4bcd8dd1ebc49ad.JPG

The Alien vs. Predator setup teased Alien puppets but nothing was shown during our visit.

011.thumb.JPG.e7049cba8e68963625e7599be44428f4.JPG

Banks & Robb fully approve of the costumes for the From Dusk To Dawn maze!

012.thumb.JPG.444f53073a2a80206a3ed543f12ce96f.JPG

Face Off from SyFy will be featured at Halloween Horror Nights with designed by the contestants (and one winner) from several of these show 4.

013.thumb.JPG.7eb54f68690738761ee42a81382ff7d3.JPG

More displays too ogle over!

014.thumb.JPG.3295ea32b56ec698e1106d227d93c84d.JPG

Ready to get "Gore-ified!"

015.thumb.JPG.d0ef5b3a6e8e35244a3a941a70a0059d.JPG

Going under the knife!

016.thumb.JPG.7d232836f3fb924a5e4fd74812cd3bf4.JPG

The finished product!

017.thumb.JPG.e1b13a87d3b95981eda806d96cfcefe1.JPG

I fit right in...

018.thumb.JPG.8c51643b2d239fbf7f662e5a41da250e.JPG

Looks so awesome!

019.thumb.JPG.f2d68bb6593f34d0ab7fab165f33988c.JPG

Here are Doc and Eric, former Face Off contestants from Season 7 and Season 3 (respectively) with their work-in-progress character that will be seen in the Face Off scare zone.

020.thumb.jpg.10c762387792ad55f84684269d1a4245.jpg

An inside look at Halloween, with Michael Myers in action!

021.thumb.JPG.880f6142566b94e425229bf12d4336b3.JPG

Stay on the road. Keep clear of the moors. Beware the moon!

022.thumb.JPG.badd2513bc28c14f0811ad926f9013bc.JPG

What happened after we visited Michael Myers.

023.thumb.JPG.d8e88a056dbefbf8c0eb3cede7014968.JPG

What a tense night!

In all seriousness, this was another great event from the Universal Orlando Resort and a great look at what is still to come for Halloween Horror Nights 24. We can't wait to see what comes next for Halloween Horror Nights and with the event starting in less than two weeks, the wait is almost over. Special thanks to the Universal Orlando Resort for hosting us once again!

024.thumb.jpg.4b7754d434b903d2efaeaf580d7ca7f5.jpg

A peek at the detail going in to Giggles & Gore, Inc.

025.thumb.jpg.13200a9e12916dd57e6a2736b0a2c26d.jpg

This puppet from Dollhouse of the Damned looks quite familiar... I believe he's from Dead Silence!

Edited by jedimaster1227

This puppet from Dollhouse of the Damned looks quite familiar... I believe he's from Dead Silence!

Looks that way to me, too--waste not, want not.

I always enjoy the details Universal crams into their mazes. Looking forward to seeing HHN for myself this year after skipping it last year.

The Universal Orlando Resort has put out a press release announcing the addition of a fifth Loews hotel to the Orlando resort!

Universal and Loews Hotels & Resorts Announce New Hotel for Universal Orlando

Caribbean-themed Loews Sapphire Falls Resort Will Feature 1,000 Rooms and Suites – Casual Feel Built Around a Lagoon and Towering Waterfall

ORLANDO, Fla. (September 9, 2014) When it opens in the summer of 2016, guests visiting the new Loews Sapphire Falls Resort at Universal Orlando will walk into a colorful Caribbean hideaway built around a lush, tropical lagoon and towering waterfall.

The new hotel, announced today by Universal Orlando Resort and Loews Hotels & Resorts, will be located across Adventure Way from the new Cabana Bay Beach Resort. It will become the destination’s fifth resort hotel and its 1,000 rooms, including 77 suites, will bring the number of on-site hotel rooms at Universal Orlando to 5,200.

Inspired by the picturesque rivers and waterfalls of the Caribbean, Loews Sapphire Falls will immerse guests in a highly themed resort environment using traditional island styling with modern touches. A resort-style pool with a water slide, children’s play area, sand beach and fire pit will help form a central courtyard and will be surrounded by the hotel’s guest rooms. There will be water taxi and shuttle access to all of the entertainment and dining options throughout Universal Orlando Resort.

“We are excited to continue our growth plans at Loews Hotels by building another hotel with our long-standing partners at Universal Orlando,” says Jonathan Tisch, Chairman of Loews Hotels & Resorts. “Loews Sapphire Falls Resort will be every bit as distinctive as the other four on-site hotels and will offer a new option to families looking for a truly special Orlando vacation.”

“Our guests repeatedly tell us that our Universal Orlando on-site hotels provide them a completely immersive vacation experience from the moment they enter our hotels and are transported to another place,” said Tom Williams, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Universal Parks & Resorts. “We look forward to bringing them yet another incredibly themed experience with the opening of Loews Sapphire Falls Resort.”

The new hotel will be full service. Amenities will include Early Park Admission to Universal’s theme parks, a full-service restaurant with scenic views and outdoor dining, a themed lobby lounge, poolside bar and grill, quick-service marketplace, valet service and a fitness center. Booking information and pricing will be announced at a later date.

FAST FACTS

• Opening Date: Summer 2016
  • Style: Casual and easy-going Caribbean-inspired resort surrounding a lush, tropical lagoon and towering waterfall.
  • Rooms: 1,000 guest rooms and suites.
  • Amenities: Highlights include Early Park Admission to Universal’s theme parks, resort-style pool with water slide and children’s play area, valet service and a fitness center.
  • Dining: Full-service restaurant with scenic views and outdoor dining, themed lobby lounge, quick-service marketplace, poolside bar and grill.
  • Reservations: Will be accepted in spring 2015

image.thumb.jpg.d6d3e2a8974572ce2938bfc6830eb268.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.5dbe5f48c77ff8143734b62c5e606210.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

^ I'm thinking pricing will be somewhere between Cabana Bay and Royal Pacific. I noticed that this resort will have early entry, but no mention of express pass access. If that is the case, should be cheaper than Royal Pacific. Glad that this new resort will have water taxi access. Looks nice and am happy Universal is continuing to give more on-site resort options.

I will be in Orlando next week with my family. We're planning on going to Universal on Wednesday and Thursday. Seeing as how I've always really wanted to go to HHN and we are in town until Saturday 9/20, I think I have to try to get there on Friday. Is my best option to purchase the HHN add on ticket when I'm at the park earlier in the week? I'm on a budget but don't want to miss the opportunity to go. Any suggestions as far as tickets go and/or how I should plan my visit? Thanks a lot for any help!

I will be in Orlando next week with my family. We're planning on going to Universal on Wednesday and Thursday. Seeing as how I've always really wanted to go to HHN and we are in town until Saturday 9/20, I think I have to try to get there on Friday. Is my best option to purchase the HHN add on ticket when I'm at the park earlier in the week? I'm on a budget but don't want to miss the opportunity to go. Any suggestions as far as tickets go and/or how I should plan my visit? Thanks a lot for any help!

What I would do is switch your Wednesday visit with a Friday visit...the HHN add-on (called the Stay n Scream option) is not only a better deal than a regular admission to HHN, but it will also work to your advantage if you are in the park when the event starts. If you spend your day at USF on Friday, head to Finnegans (across from the Mummy) when they begin closing the park to the public. Team members will then scan your ticket to make sure you have HHN access so upgrade your ticket before then! Then, you can just chill in the Finnegans holding area and one of the soundstage houses will open early for you. This headstart on the general admission crowds is a HUGE advantage, and will allow you to see everything almost guaranteed.

As for the hotel...love the concept, HATE the name. Sapphire Falls? Ugh. But it definitely looks nice. I agree that it probably wont have Express access due to oversaturation concerns. Still should be a nice option though. It'll be interesting to see if Universal can sustain all these rooms even without Harry Potter hype.

What I would do is switch your Wednesday visit with a Friday visit...the HHN add-on (called the Stay n Scream option) is not only a better deal than a regular admission to HHN, but it will also work to your advantage if you are in the park when the event starts. If you spend your day at USF on Friday, head to Finnegans (across from the Mummy) when they begin closing the park to the public. Team members will then scan your ticket to make sure you have HHN access so upgrade your ticket before then! Then, you can just chill in the Finnegans holding area and one of the soundstage houses will open early for you. This headstart on the general admission crowds is a HUGE advantage, and will allow you to see everything almost guaranteed.

Great info, thanks for the suggestion. We'll move out USF day to Friday. Now to figure out the best way to go about purchasing tickets. When we went to Disney a year and a half ago I bought our tickets at AAA. Looking at the pricing there now it doesn't seem to be any cheaper than purchasing them directly through Universal. Any other places to look? And is there a chance of the opening night of HHN selling out? There will be four of us at the park that day but probably only two of us staying for the Event. Thanks again for the help!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY TRIP!

I'm staying at the Residence Inn & Suites (my mom got a free night due to her points) on Sunday, September 27th. I'm going to Islands of Adventure early in the morning on September 27th and then going back to the hotel by lunch time (we usually finish what we want to do by 11). Then go back for Horror Nights later!!!!! The following morning (which will be hard to wake up after Horror Nights), we are going to take advantage of the Passholder special to get into Diagon Alley 1 hr before park opening! Then head back home.