TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 623: Universal's Mardi Gras 2023 details announced!

I don't think it is too much Harry Potter as there are some really cool experiences to pull from these two lands such as the Forbidden Journey, Escape from Gringotts, Hogwarts Express, the new gifts from the shops, and the new food and drink creations. This just shows what Universal is capable of doing. They did add Despicable Me and Transformers in the past two years. They are building something new at Islands of Adventure over by Jurassic Park as well probably something for 2016. Universal keeps on expanding and adding one of a kind experiences.

I don't think it is too much Harry Potter as there are some really cool experiences to pull from these two lands such as the Forbidden Journey, Escape from Gringotts, Hogwarts Express, the new gifts from the shops, and the new food and drink creations. This just shows what Universal is capable of doing. They did add Despicable Me and Transformers in the past two years. They are building something new at Islands of Adventure over by Jurassic Park as well probably something for 2016. Universal keeps on expanding and adding one of a kind experiences.

Agreed. The 5 year plan for Universal, if it holds true, is pretty amazing, and it does not include any additional Harry Potter stuff after this year.

Great photos! And one fantastic preview / reveiew of the area. Thanks! I am very much looking forward to getting back to Florida to check out the park. The execution is just simply stunning. The food looks absolutely fantastic. I really shouldn't read the reviews while hungry!

As always, thank you for the update Adam. I think we will try to go check things out sometime in the next week - to see what we can see.

For those waiting on the crowds to "die down" in this area - I'd like to help manage your expectations. They won't. The original Potterverse in IoA is STILL very crowded. I've learned to except it and still enjoy the area for what it is.

From what I've read - the Gringott's ride will not be available on Express Pass (like the Forbidden Journey.) What we have done, when we have friends in town who really want to ride Forbidden Journey - is get there around opening - go there and be prepared to wait a while (the line gets much longer as the day goes on.) Luckily - the queue lines are very well themed - so there is stuff to look at while you wait.

With any luck, Diagon Alley may take some of the crowds away from Hogsmeade--but I wouldn't count on that, either. It should make lines for the non-Potter attractions more manageable.

From what I've read - the Gringott's ride will not be available on Express Pass (like the Forbidden Journey.) What we have done, when we have friends in town who really want to ride Forbidden Journey - is get there around opening - go there and be prepared to wait a while (the line gets much longer as the day goes on.) Luckily - the queue lines are very well themed - so there is stuff to look at while you wait.

I've heard the same thing.

When we go, we are that crazy family that gets there fairly early for the "rope drop" inside, and then runs to whichever major attraction we are wanting to get on. This year will be Gringott's and possibly the Hogwarts Express. We have done this with Forbidden Journey and many times get to ride it twice before a bulk of the people even make it there.

Of course, we will NOT shove, push, or generally freak anyone out by cutting close to them. I saw some kids do this once at a different park and scared the crap out of some poor mom and her kid in a stroller. Not cool.

Now they just need to find a way to make teleportation work so they can send you by flu powder to Potterland 3.0. Seriously though, have to wonder if they have any plans to further expand the Potter universe in Orlando with three more Potter related films coming out, or if this is it. If they knew it was going to be this successful, I wonder if they would have considered making it it's own entire park.

There are two different experiences, one for the journey to Hogsmeade from Diagon Alley and the other for the trip from Hogsmeade to Diagon Alley. Based on everything we were told during the media week, those are the only two experiences set for the Hogwarts Express.

I'm trying to compare photos...the dragon moves, right? Or no?

I was wondering the same thing.

Also, does the Hogwarts express always return in reverse? I know that there are 2 trains, so I assume that in one direction they are moving forward, but then to go back, they are both in reverse (no closed loop to turn around), correct?

Wow just wow ! So glad i added a stay in January. has anything been mentioned about future projects? i guess theres so much buzz around they may keep that up their sleeves for another day.

Don't like to do comparisons but i am going to Avatar land has to be pretty dam cool to beat this.

Stu K

Any idea how the train actually moves?? In the video, there was nobody on the footplate and the "smoke" coming from the chimney was fake. I know they shipped the locomotive from the movies out there so why don't they run it under it's own power??

Will there be a soft opening before the opening on July 8th? I have an opening of July 5th to 7th to go to the park, so I'm wondering if I have the chance to experience Diagon Alley and all the new things around it.

...Only time will tell. I'm sure there will be some form of softs. We're still waiting on info on the TM previews, which will be first, and also AP and hotel guest previews. Not to mention the special vacation packages that start on the 29th.

BTW, fantastic job on the media event coverage, Adam.

• coasterbill changed the title to Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread