TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 623 - New Epic Universe details, including Celestial Park!

It's great that Universal is building all sorts of new stuff, but at the end of the day, I don't think they (or anyone else) will ever catch up to Disney. I'm sure the new Potter stuff will give them an attendance boost, though I'm really curious to see how the public reacts to having to buy two park tickets to experience all the Potter attractions.

dt

It's not something that comes across to me as any sort of potential problem. USO has been pushing park-to-park access for many years now. I see Universal pointing out that Hogwarts Express is only available with park-to-park access as no more a problem than, say, pointing out that tickets to IoA are needed to see Harry Potter when Hogsmeade Potter first opened. The public wants all the Potter they can get. All Universal need do is put out the information so people don't buy the wrong ticket.

For those who didn't quite get it at the admission booths, I'm sure there'll be opportunities right outside the doors of both King's Cross and Hogsmeade stations to juice up tickets with park-to-park access so they can ride the Hogwarts Express.

I see Universal renaming the multi day 2 park pass; the Potter Pass to not confuse people and maybe increase sales.

I see Universal renaming the parks Potterland 1 and The Other Potterland to not confuse people and maybe increase sales.

One thing I will say is that if Universal continues to add new attractions at the rate they are going, the gap will close. Universal will NEVER be able to offer the complete resort package that Disney can, but if they can just get people to spend 1 more day at Universal than the currently do on their Disney trip…it's a win for them. They'll never be able to match Disney.

But since they are rumored to add more hotel rooms, more rides to both theme parks, and a third theme park, They could provide even higher competition to Disney.

The difference is that they don't have nearly the expansion ability due to land, and they won't be able to offer the complete family friendly atmosphere that Disney does.

Wasn't Universal trying to turn a bunch of land they used to own into recreational land?

Universal sold that land under Vivendi. Screamscape is reporting that a mysterious company may or may not have development plans for it.

^Just that it's been a strong rumor and gaining more strength the more the movie looks to be released that year as well!

Ok a little confused, what movie is this going to be based on?

I'm guessing Jurassic World?

Edit: Oops, just beaten to it.

If it lends any credence to the rumors, history shows that Universal started their Springfield expansion with the addition of themed game booths in the area before moving on to their bigger tasks.

New Jurassic Park game booths (very, very nice ones by Bob Space Racers) appeared in the land just over a month ago. Plus it has been reported that the Triceratops animatronics in the old Triceratops Encounter have been entirely removed from the paddocks.

^It is simply a name slapped on the concept that has been rumored for quite some time. Jurassic Park placed a good deal of emphasis on the importance of amber being mined in order to find the preserved remains of insects carrying the blood and DNA of dinosaurs, as a way to find and replicate such creatures' genetics.

^It is simply a name slapped on the concept that has been rumored for quite some time. Jurassic Park placed a good deal of emphasis on the importance of amber being mined in order to find the preserved remains of insects carrying the blood and DNA of dinosaurs, as a way to find and replicate such creatures' genetics.

Some days, I am not the sharpest knife in the draw! That makes so much sense.