TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 611: Full Halloween Horror Nights 2021 lineup revealed!

I have no idea what their plans are but it seems to me they could build a nicely themed waterpark onsite and then turn around and buy a couple other properties around Wet n Wild to give themselves the land for that third theme park that's supposed to open by 2018.They might have to get a bit creative but for long term plans it might be an option they must have considered.A good amount of the properties on this north end of International Drive are either empty or in decline,for example that Days Inn and Best Western that border the Wet n Wild parking lot are not exactly great hotels and a redevelopment of the entire area along with a third Universal park sounds feasable.

I have no idea what their plans are but it seems to me they could build a nicely themed waterpark onsite and then turn around and buy a couple other properties around Wet n Wild to give themselves the land for that third theme park that's supposed to open by 2018.They might have to get a bit creative but for long term plans it might be an option they must have considered.A good amount of the properties on this north end of International Drive are either empty or in decline,for example that Days Inn and Best Western that border the Wet n Wild parking lot are not exactly great hotels and a redevelopment of the entire area along with a third Universal park sounds feasable.

When the heck did they ever say a third park would be open by 2018?

There are way too many big projects that will be going on at the two theme parks through 2016.

2014= Harry Potter Phase Two

2015= Jurassic Park Expansion and Fear Factor replacement

2016= KidZone Expansion

TBD= Seuss Landing E-ticket

So there are the projects going on through 2017ish. If they started on a new theme park then they could have it done by 2019/20 at the earliest.

^If you are going to question someone about a rumor, it's probably not the best idea to counter his post with more rumors. Nothing outside of the Harry Potter expansion has been confirmed yet either...

Keep in mind they just built Transformers in a year. I suspect that they could get a new park open by 2018 if that is what they chose to do.

Potter Phase 3 will be a waterpark themed to the Nurmengard that you we able to access from either existing Potter section via under ground magic tunnel, or an enchanting skytrolly!

They've already built a train through the back-lot, why not a a tunnel under or a Gondola over I-4?

"Flying Hippogriffs Over I-4" coming in 2018.

"Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey into the Darkside of International Drive "

Join Harry as he plays crappy miniature golf, attempts to dine at an All You Can Eat Chinese Lobster Buffet, and follow along as navigates his Broomstick through the tourists filled parking lot hellscape that is the Premium Outlets....during CHRISTMAS!!!

If I was Universal, I would change the name of the water park. Brand it as a Universal Studios Water park. Re-theme some areas, perhaps make the entrance different. Add a bunch of cool lights and trees. I would look into some other means of transporting people to the water park from the main resort. Add a few slides and what not. Lots of options they can go with the park. Very exciting to think about.

And to add to Joey's statement. Universal has proved quite adept at handling major projects simultaneously (New Potter, Transformers, and Simpsons)

And from what I hear we can add another major project to that list any day now. Yes, more construction is coming.

Potter Phase 3 will be a waterpark themed to the Nurmengard that you we able to access from either existing Potter section via under ground magic tunnel, or an enchanting skytrolly!

They've already built a train through the back-lot, why not a a tunnel under or a Gondola over I-4?

Tunnels are damn near impossible to build in Florida, although I like the idea.

In a perfect you magically transport the current hotels to the vacant land and build and land where the resorts currently are. Does Harry Potter have the power to do this or can he only fight evil?

So excited to see Cabin in the Woods apart of Horror Nights. It was one of my favorite movies. All those random nightmares coming to life will be amazing!

Agreed! I just hope they reenact the "System Purge" scene with the elevators somehow...

This has been all over Twitter, surprised it has taken this long to get over here.

Technically, it's a rumor and we don't usually discuss unsubstantiated rumors in the park discussion threads. But anyway for those that want the lowdown on the rumor. It appears that Universal's Disaster! attraction will be transformed into a new King Kong attraction, featuring elements from Hollywood's King Kong 360 3-D tram tour, and Orlando's old Kongfrontation.

Edited by larrygator

That rumor seems a little to out there. Not that its not entirely impossible. I see the rumor of the park focusing on the ET/Fievel/Barney area next after Harry part 2 is done. It's time for that area to get a much needed upgrade.

• coasterbill changed the title to Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread