TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 611: Full Halloween Horror Nights 2021 lineup revealed!

Still waiting on details of what they're going to do about tickets. All hopper tickets? Special Potter Ticket? Will their be a new entrance ticket area where the train drops off on both sides?

I think they should have a "Special Potter Ticket" for both parks that includes nothing else. Potter ticket holders could be launched into either Potter area via a catapult--or perhaps on rocket-propelled broomsticks.

My guess is that people will have to buy a two-park ticket.

Still waiting on details of what they're going to do about tickets. All hopper tickets? Special Potter Ticket? Will their be a new entrance ticket area where the train drops off on both sides?

I think they should have a "Special Potter Ticket" for both parks that includes nothing else. Potter ticket holders could be launched into either Potter area via a catapult--or perhaps on rocket-propelled broomsticks.

My guess is that people will have to buy a two-park ticket.

My guess exactly. I guess they are adding some check in check out points for entering and leaving the train so nobody can go around the system.

Had to clean up this thread a bit.

Let me make one thing VERY clear...

We welcome discussion and differing opinions.

We do NOT welcome irrational, aggressive posts or those who cannot carry themselves in a professional manner.

In short - if you are want to present your opinion, don't be a jerk about it. Fair enough?

Thank you everyone!

--Robb

Perhaps they will check park tickets as guests board the train? That would be my best guess.

I know that I am not a Harry Potter fan. I have not read the books or seen the movies. I can tell you that I have been on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey several times, and it is my favorite dark ride.

I am intrigued as to see how they pull this off.

The need for a Park-to-Park ticket to experience the Hogwarts Express has now been officially confirmed by Universal, in addition to confirming the inclusion of a new themed restaurant in Diagon Alley.

image_812.thumb.jpg.1d8bd005d84883def321b8d6772dd1fd.jpg

Although I think the Forbidden Journey ride is good, I still prefer Spider-man to it.

Having a "conductor" check people's tickets before boarding the Hogwarts Express will add a bit to the theming.

If the train stations on both ends are the only day into their respective parks, I can see them adding a third ticket option where you choose one park with the Harry Potter add-on. This option would cost somewhere between the one-day, one-park ticket and the park hopper. Of course, if you already had the park hopper you could experience both Potter lands. If you had the one-day, one-park you could only experience the land located in the park you bought tickets for.

Confusing, I know.

The need for a Park-to-Park ticket to experience the Hogwarts Express has now been officially confirmed by Universal, in addition to confirming the inclusion of a new themed restaurant in Diagon Alley.

You have to be careful, they don't say you need a park to park ticket to experience the Hogwarts Express but in order to travel between the two. My guess is that all guest will board the train but upon arriving at other station there will be a queue line for the return trip and turnstiles to enter the park.. only those with park to park tickets will be able to proceed into the other park while those without will have to re-enter the queue for the return trip.

Do you think they'll add a ticket booth on each end for people to upgrade their day pass to a two-park pass on the spot? I would think some uninformed GP would get pretty upset if they had to haul their entire family back to the park entrance to upgrade their tickets so they can ride the Magic Train. Do they currently offer a ticket upgrade like that?

You have to be careful, they don't say you need a park to park ticket to experience the Hogwarts Express but in order to travel between the two. My guess is that all guest will board the train but upon arriving at other station there will be a queue line for the return trip and turnstiles to enter the park.. only those with park to park tickets will be able to proceed into the other park while those without will have to re-enter the queue for the return trip.

But wouldn't making it only park-to-park tickets benefit Universal, I can see all the die-hard potter fans upgrading their tickets if its the only way to get to experience the harry potter train.

Do you think they'll add a ticket booth on each end for people to upgrade their day pass to a two-park pass on the spot? I would think some uninformed GP would get pretty upset if they had to haul their entire family back to the park entrance to upgrade their tickets so they can ride the Magic Train. Do they currently offer a ticket upgrade like that?

That's the way I would guess they would do it. They could even theme the booths as train station ticket booths. So say, you buy a one-day, one-park ticket, you could pay the add-on price to do both Potter worlds in the train station.

I think is 100% correct. It would be silly to not offer the ticket upgrade on the train platforms. No matter how they decide to operate the train, or how they decide to do tickets, I think there will be ticket sales on both ends.

I can see them putting the train outside both parks so a one park ticket holder could enjoy the ride. I can also see them making you have a park hopper so they can make the money. We'll just have to wait and see how they implement it.

^Exactly, I don't care what they do. If they 'force' people to buy a hopper, offer a Potter upcharge, check tickets at the station, etc. I'm just curious as to how they'll implement this with as crazy as JK Rowling is with keeping everything 'real'. You can't have a front line ticket employee selling tickets on a London Train platform so it will have to be an all new position.

But wouldn't making it only park-to-park tickets benefit Universal, I can see all the die-hard potter fans upgrading their tickets if its the only way to get to experience the harry potter train.

I don't get why there is so much discussion or questioning over this. It's not like multi-day park tickets or park hoppers are anything new to Orlando parks.

Both Disney and Universal have had them for years, decades even.

Sure, it will be interesting to see how they "theme" this whole thing, but I doubt it will be any more/less confusing to someone as buying a one-day ticket to Magic Kingdom or buying a multi-day, multi-park ticket to ride the Toy Story ride at Hollywood Studios and then to go ride the Toy Story ride at Magic Kingdom.

How many years have MK and Epcot been separated by a "train" to get from one park to the other, each requiring a separate admission. It's functionally no different. The only difference will be what wrapper Universal puts around it.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

^ My best guess is that Universal has both 1 park and 2 park tickets. So they are wondering how they are going to prevent people who bought the 1 park tickets from entering the train and enjoy both parks. With Disney it goes from park entrance to park entrance you are completely out of the park and have go to through the gates. The concept like we know it here will be from within one park to the other.

^ What are you not understanding here? They already have 1 and 2 park tickets. The two parks are already separate admission. When you get from one park to the other, there will be an entrance gate. No different to the front and back entrances of Epcot.

If you don't have a park hopper, and you don't want to upgrade to a hopper you turn around and get back on the train.

This is how it has worked in Orlando FOR DECADES!!!

The only difference here is the "wrapper" and for this case, it's the train station. Remember how train stations have gates? And you can buy train tickets at a station? Yeah...

Why is this concept confusing????

--Robb "I really can't believe the movie Idiocracy is coming true!" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

Yeah, I'm not seeing where the confusion is coming from.

As a big fan of Harry Potter I'm very much looking forward to this. Still haven't seen the current Potterland but I definitely think we'll be making a trip to see all of this next year for our daughters HS Graduation present or something.

• coasterbill changed the title to Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread