TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 609: DreamWorks Destination interactive character experience announced!

It's better than this....

Have you seen it in person? It actually looks quite cool.

I would say that I am ever so slightly bias to transformers at ush....and I would much rather have a thematically correct building instead of an obnoxious (but cool looking nonetheless) billboard.

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We rode Velocicoaster today! Here's our thoughts on the ride....  

Official Velocicoaster POV released!  

We spent the weekend at Universal/IoA on Sat/Sun/Mon. In that time, we managed 15 rides on Velocicoaster. A handful of front and back seat rides, including a few at night (which is just epic!). 

Posted Images

Of course you would say that...

LOL! I was going to put the same thing.

Orlando's building looks a lot better than Hollywood's. Hollywood's reminds me of the cheap version of the Rock 'n' Rollercoaster sign in Paris.

That went up fast... but more importantly, how are there such long lines in February? On a Wednesday?

Have you read the last few pages? It's already been explained and discussed.

Personally I appreciate the aesthetics of it. I like how all three of the attractions have thematically varied styles in their facades.

Edited by SoCalCoasters

Personally I appreciate the ascetics of it. I like how all three of the attractions have thematically varied styles in their facades.

tumblr_mfajhyqwo31s0alp7o1_500.gif.e49127296aaa95394ce35ce5a6fd3f56.gif

Eye rolling .gifs don't change my view on the subject. There's nothing wrong with not disliking any of the facades.

I would just like to point out that this guy does not represent all Californians.

There is a small minority of us who have been around, who get it, and who couldn't care less about which one is "better" because they're too busy having a great time no matter if they're in CA, FL, or Japan. There's sooooo much more to life than examining which Transformers exterior is "better" than the other. Spend less time caring about trivialities and more time having fun in the parks. You'll be a far more happier person!

^My post said I didn't have any problems with any of the facades. I liked the variations of all of them.

Please allow to elaborate since everything I post seems to keep being mis-interpreted.

I have a strong interest in themed entertainment attractions and their theming. I chose to comment on them because of my interest in such attraction elements. I like all three variations of the Transformers Ride buildings. I do not dislike any of them.

There's no simpler way for me to state it.

^My post said I didn't have any problems with any of the facades. I liked the variations of all of them.

But you're acting like they're all on par with each other, and they're not. You're failing to acknowledge that USH's exterior is of far less quality. Those are glorified cardboard cutouts of Optimus and Megatron on the entrance facade! A super well done ride inside the building, but glorified cardboard cutouts on the outside.

Looks like Florida's exterior will at least be not that, and that's a GOOD thing.

I'm not really sure how "straight off the side of a 70's rape van" fits at USH, or with the story that you are visiting a top secret facility that was "hidden" in a theme park for that matter.

I guess the technicality is that since Optimus and Megatron fight on the ride, the facade is just an extension of that, but I am going to go out on a limb and say that given how the other two facades turned out...that was not the intent. Especially given that the core creative team was the same for all three projects.

^I think they're all unique and fit their respective locations. They each were done with different styles in mind. I'm trying to look at this from the perspective of an attraction designer.

Do the glorified cardboard cut outs representative of shallow Southern Californians?

^I think they're all unique and fit their respective locations. They each were done with different styles in mind. I'm trying to look at this from the perspective of an attraction designer.

Or maybe budgets were cut, or the executives wanted something different, so the actual attraction designers didn't get what they originally planned. Maybe they just had to cut a bunch of stuff and couldn't do what they really wanted to do with the building. I have a hard time believing that cutouts of the characters were what they wanted for USH's entrance.

Personally I appreciate the ascetics of it. I like how all three of the attractions have thematically varied styles in their facades.

as·cet·ic n.

A person who renounces material comforts and leads a life of austere self-discipline, especially as an act of religious devotion.

adj.

Hmmm....not sure how this fits in with Transformers.

Oh...he meant THIS:

AESTHETIC

a : of, relating to, or dealing with aesthetics or the beautiful

b : artistic

c : pleasing in appearance

Which one again proves the point that spell and grammar check are your friends!

I have a hard time believing that cutouts of the characters were what they wanted for USH's entrance.

I don't know. I like to think it probably played out like this:

Project Manager [bursts into meeting room] - "Okay, who the eff blew the budget on a stylized, interpretive military installation exterior design?!?!?!? Think, people....THINK. We're in Southern California. DUMB IT DOWN! I'm leaving for lunch. When I get back I wanna see a new version with two effin' airbrushed cardboard cut-out robots fighting on the side of the building.....and that's it. I want it to say, 'There's a ride over here with Transformers fighting and blowing stuff up,' and nothing more. Got it? Good. Get it done."

:lover: Peach Fanta??? This exists in the world?? Amazing. Does it taste as good as it sounds??

Yes! Oh, god yes! It's amazing! I first had it in Japan, and everything in Japan is awesome, so when I found out that it's a choice on the Freestyle machines, I don't think I've ever had anything else!

You can also get Peach Sprite, Peach Mello Yello, and maybe even Peach Coke? (I've never tried that!)

--Robb

• coasterbill changed the title to Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread