TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 611: Full Halloween Horror Nights 2021 lineup revealed!

Just saw the trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.... and man oh man is that Gingotts Cart scene BEGGING to be turned into a ride! It would be perfect!

YES, the queue should be the entrance hall of the bank, than you get into a cart up a lifthill that takes you into the dark (indoors). Then after a long first drop, there should be lots of twists and turns and craziness in pitch blackness before the lights come on and you hit the brakes. Then there should be projection screens and on-board audio to follow the plotline of taking the Horcrux, then when the dragon comes, there should be a launch out of the building into an outdoor, airtime-filled finale. Or something along those lines. Great idea SCC!

^ Yes I was sure they would but it still seems a little small from say the path to the back of PF and not very wide. I looked at an aerial photo and the show building didn't look that big. They will make it work but it seems like only enough room for smallish coaster.

This sounds AWESOME!!!

Very cool.

Pretty sure we have a certain Orlando Local who is very excited right now!

I agree with everything you just said.

Prepare for construction updates!

Last time I visited IOA(2009) WWOHP wasn't there yet and I really CAN'T wait to go back to visit WWOHP. As an international visitor I have to say that Harry Potter franchise drag a lot more crowds, than The Lost Continent I know it might suounds obvious but Florida's theme parks recieve a great amount of people from all over the world mostly I guess Central and South America. I'm from Colombia an 3 mains cities here all with populations of over 2 million, have one or more daily flights to Miami, not metionning they are expadind their routes directly to Orlando, Miami and Orlando are the main international destitation promoted here and the closest in teh US being just 3 hours away avervage, and in order for Universal to compete with Disney World I think Harry Potter is a great addition being a succesfull franchise all over the world.

^^^ I call joining in on the opening day for it! Haha, take that Bryan and Adam .

Seriously though, I think this might actually work out. I've always thought a mini golf course would have worked great at Downtown Disney, so this should be close to what I was imagining. Here's hoping for the best, and cheap price options...

With the amount of mini-golf all over I-Drive and other places in Orlando, not to mention that it must do good enough business for Disney to have TWO venues, I'm surprised it took Universal this long!

I'm actually looking forward to this more than I am the next expansion in Potterland.

I Can't wait to try these courses out! Out of all these years staying at Universal I never felt like there was much for my me and my friends to do late at night at Citywalk. I mean yeah there are a lot of dance clubs, but we're not into that, and it would be weird for 3 dudes and 1 girl to go clubbing. Anyway, It's great that Universal is adding something for everyone to enjoy that doesn't' close too early.

I'm really looking forward to this. As long as this isn't half-assed (and I have no reason to believe it would be), I imagine it will be great. I love mini golf, even though I'm not great at it.

This goes for me too. I'm horrible at it as are most of my friends (we never actually keep any type of score when we play) so having all these other elements along the course is great!

Does this mean they will be moving the valet parking?

As far as everyone knows, no they will not be moving it but when it is all said and done we shall see. Personally, I am very excited that Universal is not only doing mini golf, but also in the 50s SciFi B movie theme.

Of course there are already haters out there inquiring about the parking situation (charges) for the course alone but leave it be...Universal is doing something new...lets enjoy the moment

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-universal-orlando-earnings-20110513,0,7688564.story

Harry Potter's magic shows no signs off wearing off at Universal Orlando.

Universal announced Friday that attendance soared 68 percent during the first three months of the year — the biggest increase yet in a series of record attendance gains the resort has reported since opening its wildly popular Wizarding World of Harry Potter last June.

The big crowds fueled a dramatic financial rebound for Orlando's No. 2 theme-park resort, which posted a $45.8 million profit for the quarter — after losing $36.4 million a year ago.

"We are very happy with how our year has started, and we are going to work to maintain that momentum as we move forward," Universal Orlando President Bill Davis said in a prepared statement. "We continue to see excitement for everything we offer — from attraction experiences to special events, such as Mardi Gras."

Combined attendance between Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure — home to Wizarding World — rose by 1.1 million visitors for the January-through-March quarter, from 1.7 million a year earlier to 2.8 million.

Those visitors continued to spend richly on mugs of butterbeer, magic wands and other Potter-themed food and souvenirs: Universal said per-capita guest spending jumped 17 percent during the quarter compared with the same period last year.

Ticket sales rose 85 percent to $159.3 million. Food-and-beverage sales leapt 104 percent to $33.6 million. And merchandise sales skyrocketed 156 percent to $42.7 million.

Universal's total revenue nearly doubled for the quarter, to $309 million.

The results benefitted from a quirk in Universal's fiscal calendar that gave this year's first quarter three more days than last year's first quarter had.

The turnaround comes as executives at Comcast Corp. negotiate a possible purchase of the resort. The Philadelphia-based cable-TV giant, which earlier this year acquired Universal co-owner NBCUniversal, has until next month to decide on an opportunity to buy the other half of the resort from the private-equity firm Blackstone Group.

• coasterbill changed the title to Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread