TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 611: Jack the Clown returns for Halloween Horror Nights 2021!

After the latest news story I am hopeful it might be open for Horror Nights. Maybe we will know more on Saturday...can't wait . Even if it is closed there is plenty to do and Mummy is right next door, assuming it is open (this is my first HHN).

• Replies 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We rode Velocicoaster today! Here's our thoughts on the ride....  

Official Velocicoaster POV released!  

We spent the weekend at Universal/IoA on Sat/Sun/Mon. In that time, we managed 15 rides on Velocicoaster. A handful of front and back seat rides, including a few at night (which is just epic!). 

Posted Images

Is Jaws fun at night?

Yes, yes it is. Especially if you do the chant.

SHARK SHARK SHARK SHARK SHARK SHARK SHARK SHARK SHARK SHARK SHARK SHARK SHARK SHARK SHARK SHARK SHARK SHARK SHARK SHARK SHARK SHARK SHARK SHARK

Best Jaws ride ever!

dt

Most EPIC best Jaws Ride EVER! SHARK SHARK SHARK...FIRE FIRE FIRE....SHARK SHARK SHARK...

In 2000 (HHNX), when Jack was introduced, they renamed Jaws "Bloody Waters". It was mostly the same but, in the boathouse, Jack came out, did a speil, and sprayed the boat with water. It was pretty sweet!

They did something similar with Earthquake that year too. Fun times.

After the latest news story I am hopeful it might be open for Horror Nights. Maybe we will know more on Saturday...can't wait . Even if it is closed there is plenty to do and Mummy is right next door, assuming it is open (this is my first HHN).

Last year was the first year I attended, and Mummy was in fact up and running. The line got a little bit long most of the nights, but it's a nice break. Last year the only rides open were MIB, Simpson, Rotm and Jaws I believe. It was nice when it started to rain, we would just go hit up a ride till it stopped.

I'm really wondering if the HRR thing is unrelated and just a refurb before hhn like mentioned above. Something still sounds very weird about it, but I guess we shall see.

Edited by BBparks57

^^ In 2009 the park didn't do anything different to Jaws, but TPR did.

Basically - we took over almost an entire boat (that poor group in the front row) and basically had a blast. There was chanting, laughing, mocking, chanting some more... We had a great "guide" who definitely played along.

^^ In 2009 the park didn't do anything different to Jaws, but TPR did.

Basically - we took over almost an entire boat (that poor group in the front row) and basically had a blast. There was chanting, laughing, mocking, chanting some more... We had a great "guide" who definitely played along.

Awesome! Now that's a cruise I want to be part of

^I'll never look at the ride the same again.

As far as Rockit running - I honestly don't remember from last year. There was SO much going on around us that I never even looked up at Rockit. I know I'm glad we were on the RIP Tour though. The place was PACKED. IT was like one huge block party with random killers and zombies walking around.

Can't wait to go this year! They definitely know how to do it up!

I remember going one sunday night and the place was empty...it wasn't as fun. I love all the chaos and crowds. That jaws experience sounds awesome haha. I really hope that HRRR does get up and running for the event with some updated songs, perhaps halloween music (Movie themes). I can't wait for Friday!

I saw somewhere they were installing nets under part of HRRR this year where it goes over one of the haunts was that correct?

This was actually rumored to be happening last year. It is strange that Universal will not just flat out say whether it will be open or not. Especially, with all the confusement about it last year.

^

Premier & Preferred Passholder Nights

Sept. 24 & 25 and Oct. 1 & 2

Universal Studios® at Woody Woodpecker’s KidZone®

You and one guest* will enjoy:

Early access to the event through an exclusive entrance located at the front of Universal Studios

Exclusive Passholder early access to THREE houses:

Horror Nights: The Hallow’d Past (from 5:00pm-6:30pm)

Catacombs: Black Death Rising houses (from 5:00pm-6:30pm)

Havoc: Dogs of War house (as early as 5:45pm)

Preferred seating at the first showing of Bill & Ted’s Halloween Adventure (Please arrive 30 minutes prior to show time. Space is limited. First come, first served.)

Food and drink will be available for purchase

^^well the ride is having problems right now so they cant just say it will or wont be open cause they probably dont know right now. I would say go expecting it to not be open so if it is its a plus...

Wow thats awesome, I did not know about the preferred pass thing either!

I know I'm still pretty new here, but I'd love to meet up with anybody who will be doing the pass holder thing as well. I know for sure I'm going to be there friday, probably spend the afternoon at IoA just to get a spot in the garage and everything. So for this Pass Holder thing, I just need to have my actual pass on me and just show up?

I can't believe I'll actually be USO HHN next week, c'mon October 3 and then a second round on October 7.

I like the Jaws ride, it was a lot of fun last time I was there in 2004, the guide definitely makes the ride. They should issue pasengers (or at least the one's on the sides) with Jaws repelling weapons - has Jaws been taken out with a Bazooka yet? I remember Jaws was taken out by utter mediocity in Jaws The Revenge.

Sounds like HRRR has been a never ending horror for maintenance.

The moved my test on saturday to friday...fortunatley I think its going to be at 1pm, so hopefully I'll still be able to make it to the park by 3 or 4. I was worried, because he wanted to do it friday night at 9. I'm RSVPing to the pass holder offer if anybody is down to meet up!

I forgot to mention I was there this weekend...a lot more HHN stuff has gone up since I went with Adam. There were covered signs for houses everywhere and a giant XX, as you can see below. Also want to mention I finally got stuck on Forbidden Journey...and it took so long they turned the lights on. It was cool to see everything

Me and my roomate postin up under the XX....so ready for Saturday.

I just RSVP'd for Friday the 24th! I can not wait!

That stuff looks freaking awesome! I wish I could go to the park and see it one more time before it all starts, but I just don't have time. First day off in 16 days is Friday and I still have class that day haha!

So jealous of everyone that gets to go this weekend. Please come back with detailed, photo heavy, reports! That would make me very happy.

My thoughts exactly!!! I will live vicariously until I can get there on Oct. 7th!!!!

So jealous of everyone that gets to go this weekend. Please come back with detailed, photo heavy, reports! That would make me very happy.

My thoughts exactly!!! I will live vicariously until I can get there on Oct. 7th!!!!

Hopefully me and Adam can combine our photo skills and his writing skills for a good report...I will bring the SLR along

• coasterbill changed the title to Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread