TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

Unfortunately, I don't think we can do Stay and Scream because we basically already have our daytime tickets. They are included with our package deal that we got from RCCL. Is there a way to make it work that we don'T have to leave the park and then re-enter anyways?

you can buy stay and scream regardless where you got your regular park tickets from. You're already in the park so they dont care how you got in they just want to see your stay and scream ticket. Basically if you are in the park you are good. Get stay and scream now online cause I think its cheaper and it can sell out at the gate.

Do you need the actual Stay and Scream ticket, or if you are in the park during the day when they close and have a HHN ticket will they let you hang around? For example I've got a Frequent Fear Pass because I'm going a couple of nights.

I'm still tossing up what to do with IOA / USH in the day, if Rockit's running at HHN I'll probably only go to IOA.

Anyone know what rides will be open this year? The usuals (Mummy, Jaws, MIB, Simpsons)? If I recall two years ago Disaster was open during the event but not open last year. I guess the real question is whether or not Rockit will be open this year.

I keep hearing that Rockit WILL be open.

It looks like the Forbidden Journey is finally getting modified seats to accommodate larger guest per this article on gadling.

Universal Orlando has modified some seats on ride cars for the new Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, and many people who couldn't ride the centerpiece attraction at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter should be able to now.

When I saw the Wizarding World of Harry Potter during an early preview in May, the ride was not in operation, but the "test seats" outside the ride were working. Would-be riders can sit in the seat to check it out before entering the ride queue. The seats have an over-the-shoulder harness that has to be pulled down and "click" three times. You get a green light if it does, and a red light if it doesn't.

After watching folks check out that seat, it was evident that the Harry Potter ride would not accommodate riders of size.

But new seats were introduced over the weekend. Now there is also a yellow light on the test seats. If you get yellow, as some rounder or taller guests will, you will be asked to wait until a ride car with modified seats comes around.

Theme park employees told Orlando Attractions Magazine the seats are allowing more people to ride the marquee ride:

Team members we talked to said the modified seats have helped tremendously. They said before they had to turn away hundreds of guests, but over the two days since the modified seats have been in place, they've only had to turn away one guest.

The modified seats are on the inside and outside positions on a handful of the ride cars. The seat itself is not any larger; it's the locking mechanism on the harness that has been changed. Universal says it is safe for both larger and smaller riders to sit in the modified seats.

The modified seats are on the inside and outside positions on a handful of the ride cars. The seat itself is not any larger; it's the locking mechanism on the harness that has been changed. Universal says it is safe for both larger and smaller riders to sit in the modified seats.[/i]

Obviously not your quote, but why wouldn't they just roll this out to every single seat of every car, would that be too expensive? I would think the cost would be justified for customer satisfaction, and of course not having to wait longer for a "special car" to come around on top of what the queue already is. But hey, at least larger folks (probably me) don't have to worry about three clicks anymore.

The modified seats are on the inside and outside positions on a handful of the ride cars. The seat itself is not any larger; it's the locking mechanism on the harness that has been changed. Universal says it is safe for both larger and smaller riders to sit in the modified seats.[/i]

Obviously not your quote, but why wouldn't they just roll this out to every single seat of every car, would that be too expensive? I would think the cost would be justified for customer satisfaction, and of course not having to wait longer for a "special car" to come around on top of what the queue already is. But hey, at least larger folks (probably me) don't have to worry about three clicks anymore.

Manufacturing and installing these things takes time. I'm sure that Universal wanted to get these in service as soon as possible instead of waiting for all the ride vehicles to be ready. According to screamscape they should eventually be on every car.

I assume "inside" and "outside" positions mean the "end" seats. Is this correct?

If so my take is that a large person on an end seat would only have their body rolls encroach into the personal space of one other guest. So it is for guest satisfaction that it is only on particular seats.

Edited by larrygator

Nice to hear that fat people . . .

"Hey, watch yourself, buster! Don't call them FAT! Instead, use the term 'guests with large or unusual body sizes'!"

As I was saying, nice to hear that guest with large or unusual body sizes can now enjoy this attraction. I'm just glad that I have lost enough weigh and inches around my belly . . .

"Hey, don't use the word 'belly': use the word 'stomach' because it sounds better!

As I was saying, nice to hear that guest with large or unusual body sizes can now enjoy this attraction. I'm just glad that I have lost enough weigh and inches around my stomach. Now I don't have to worry about whether or not I can fit into the restraints or not. How am I doing?

"Keep it going!"

Actually, that's all I wanted to write about.

"What! Just a little line with only a few words, what are you, crazy? Why, in my day, we never ever posted replies without writing long paragraphs. Why the last sucker that did it got his rear end blown off and I did it with my . . ." (At that time, that angry face smiley was taken out by four policemen, so we apologize for the interruption and head over to the pillow for his final remarks)

"Whew! I'm glad I'm not angry"

It actually makes business sense to test it on a few of the vehicles to ensure that it works as intended while maintaining the safety of the guests. It's cheaper to test and tweak it on a few cars, and once everything is satisfactory, they will roll it out on all of the vehicles.

Went to the park the other day to check out some of the pre set up and the working water vortex on Poseidon. More importantly, purchased my HHNFFP(plus) which I couldn't be more excited for. Unfortunately right now, I'm in the middle of 16 straight days of class, but my first day off since labor day happens to be the 24th. I can't wait to go several times this year, I know opening night will be crazy busy but I'm so excited for the event to open. Thanks for all the updates, Fear looks pretty awesome.

you can buy stay and scream regardless where you got your regular park tickets from. You're already in the park so they dont care how you got in they just want to see your stay and scream ticket. Basically if you are in the park you are good. Get stay and scream now online cause I think its cheaper and it can sell out at the gate.

Hey. I just tried to buy our Stay and Scream tix online, but it won't let me check out unless I buy a normal day pass for the same day in conjuction with the Stay and Scream ticket. Bummer! Since we get our tickets as part of this package deal, I guess we'll have to chance it and try to get them "day of". I hope it's not sold out!

Hey. I just tried to buy our Stay and Scream tix online, but it won't let me check out unless I buy a normal day pass for the same day in conjuction with the Stay and Scream ticket. Bummer! Since we get our tickets as part of this package deal, I guess we'll have to chance it and try to get them "day of". I hope it's not sold out!

I wouldn't worry if I were you. I've never had a problem with them selling out. Universal is happy to pack the park with as many paying guests as possible for HHN. When you get to the park, just go to Guest Relations and pick up your Stay and Scream then. You should be just fine.