TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Not to mention John Williams Conducting. I live 20 minutes away, why I didn't find a way into it is beyond me Really Cool opening, the news people here are saying something big is happening at 11...but it seems to be over. it's 10:20 right now, I shall wait and see.

Something big at 11 means watch their newscast at 11!

I wasn't impressed with the webcast. I think Uni should step it up bigtime before Friday. Get people who can shoot and SWITCH!

Looks like someone called in a bomb threat to Universal Studios Orlando just after 8 PM

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Orlando police are investigating after a bomb threat at Universal Studios Thursday night.

Police say someone called in the threat just after 8 p.m., and did not give any specific information.

Universal Studios did not evacuate any guests from the theme park, but said "we are dedicated to the safety and enjoyment of our guests. We are working closely with law enforcement and taking all appropriate action".

Stay with Eyewitness News for any updates to this developing story.

www.wftv.com/news/23941696/detail.html

With the grand opening of WWoHP tomorrow morning, many people have already started blaming Disney!

I was there today, got in line at like 7am right in front of River Adventure. At 10 it opened, and by about 10:30 I was in. Rode Journey three times, saw that the butterbeer cart was like an hour wait, then went over and rode ET.

Successful day.

According to reports on Twitter, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter has hit capacity and the line to get in is over 9 hours long. Here's a video of the giant line. I think Universal has a winner on their hands, but part of me is wondering if crowd control could have been better.

Well hulk was at a 90 when i came in at 2 because we were only running two trains but once we got the third train it went to about a half hour. Everything else was about a half hour to and hour. Forbidden journey only top out at two hours and was consistently around 45mins.

So I made the trek over to WWOHP on opening night. I entered IOA around 8:45pm. At work today I had seen the insane crowds and I was crazy enough to check out all of the excitement. To my surprise other than Harry Potter, all of the attractions were pretty much 15 minutes or less wait times. The park roped off the entrance into The Lost Continent at the Suess Landing bridge. This was to keep the traffic flow for exiting guests. And boy did I see agazillion park guests drag themselves out of there. So I turned around and headed over to Jurassic Park and caught up to the line to enter Potterland. The line started at the Jurassic Park River Adventure entrance. The line moved pretty good, I think I waited about 20 minutes and we were in. While waiting, I talked to people in the line and all had tried to get in all day, with no luck. One lady was at the parking garage at 5:30 this morning, Another family had waited about 3 hours to get into the land but gave up. I was glad we all got in. Rode Forbidden Journey tonight one time. The single riders line was closed as of 9:30, so I stuck it out and waited the 90 minute wait. I still love the ride, for me it is amazing! My main reason visiting the park tonight was to experience the land at night. It was pretty cool after getting off the ride around 10:45pm, they kept most of the shops in Hogsmeade open. The team members were still super nice and didn't rush anyone to get out. It was actually pretty nice and quite. I was able to check out all the animated windows without the sun's glare. This is an area that has to be visited at night, it really is gorgeous! I finally left IOA around 11:45pm and headed back to my hotel room and crashed!

Edited by live2tell75

but part of me is wondering if crowd control could have been better.

In what way? Everyone in that video looked pretty chilled, and you could spot security guards (One in JP, another near 'gasoline alley' in Toon Lagoon, plus a guy with a megaphone near the end)